Rainforest Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2005, 03:08 PM   #1
kati_slvr
Rainforest Reptiles

I recieved 3 gargoyle geckos from Danielle and Mike of Rainforest Reptiles (rainforestreptiles.org) and am very happy with the animals and their service. They promptly replied to my e-mails, did not hesitate to send pictures, and the animals were sent securely, warmly, and arrived in excellent health. I had a great experience dealing with them and would not hesitate to recommend them. Last I checked the site is still on its way getting up (I found them on Kingsnake.com classifieds).

Old 03-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #2
Spydergotboost
Thumbs up add another to the good guy list

Michael and Danielle Fields of Rainforest Reptiles get 2 thumbs up in my book for 2 recent transactions i have had with them i have boughten 4 albino nelsons 3 sinaloans and 2 cali kings and all have arived in a well packed insulated box the animals are second to none in health and in beauty if anyone is has any worries about these people you need not be i highly recamend them to anyone A++++

Billy Blanchet
owner/operator
www.baystategeckos.com

Old 09-14-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
pch101
I have never done business with Rainforest Reptiles, but I am not impressed with them at all. I just received this from them in response to two different classified ads where I am selling a Blue-tongued Skinks.

Hello,

My name is Mike and I am the owner of Rainforest Reptiles.
I was wondering what type of business this is?
Do you just breed?
Or do you buy and sell also?
I have just recieved a few shipments in and was wondering if you can use anything off of them? If you are intrested please contact me at 772-398-7636.

Thanks you for your time, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-398-7636

I must say that I think this is pretty irritating. It smells of desperation.

Mike, I have no problem if you want to market your product, but don't do it by responding to all of my classified ads with stupid solicitations. There is a special section here on Fauna or the other reptile sites where you can advertize. Come on man, show some common courtesy.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
hhmoore
I almost had a transaction earlier this year - without getting into all the details, they were unable to provide the animals...no problem. However, they were pretty slow about refunding my money. After their initial promise to send it, I had to send 3 requests for payment via PayPal - the last including the threat of lodging a complaint with paypal. I did finally get my money, but the effort and time that it took kind of soured me on Rainforest Reptiles

Old 09-15-2005, 04:35 AM   #5
ravensgait
Well I've been meaning to start a thread about these folks

But with the new baby ETC just haven't found the time.

I'll post emails ETC about this in the next day or two when I find some time, here's the short version--
My business with them went less than well. Bought a chondro from them in May and after asking when they were going to ship and then waiting for an animal that wasn't shipped a few times Mike finally told me it had gotten injured and he couldn't ship it. So we talked about it and I decided to take another animal he had.(Told me he'd ship her when she healed)

Well here we go again, said he was shipping I'd try to call and email to confirm (no reply) so I waited around the house to be sure it wasn't coming. This happened a couple of times till I got him on the phone and asked if he even had the animal! he said he did so once again we arranged for him to ship and I told him that it had been very hot (in the 90s) so ship for a 10:30 arrival. Well he didn't and the Chondro didn't show up till the afternoon. Very warm but alive. I contacted him and left a message and later emailed him(got no reply to either) that the Chondro had made it but was over heated.

I cooled the animal down and put him in his cage, he seemed like he was doing OK that night but I found him dead the next morning. Again tried to email and call but got no response.

I will say up until I sent him the money he was quick to reply but after that he was real slow to respond to emails if he replied at all and if I called I got the machine or his wife who would say he wasn't there. I believe he only offers a live arrival guarantee(it did get here alive) but they should be shipped the way you pay for them to be shipped and arrive healthy. Like I said I'll post the emails and more info later today or tonight when I get time again. Randy

Old 09-15-2005, 04:51 AM   #6
pch101
That just sucks. If things went down the way you have described, then they owe you a refund plain and simple. Just because it was still barely alive when it showed up does not mean they have fulfilled their contractual obligation. They did not ship it as agreed. You paid for morning delivery, and it looks as though they did not send for morning delivery. Well, that is not your fault. It is their fault and their responsibility to get that animal to you on time and healthy. It would be good to post any e-mails that you may have in regard to this deal.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #7
Junkyard
Well that is a big bummer. Can you check with the carriers as to what shipping option was payed for?

I had an animal arrive late even though a early shipping was payed for. The carrier themselves clocked in an early time to cover their own hides, they never even stopped by when they were supposed to. My wife was home all morning waiting by the door for the snake. We live in a quiet area so their trucks are loud and we can hear them walk up to our door. 6 hours later the package was left at the door on the "second delivery attempt". In fact they said they arrived the first time an hour and 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled delivery time, even better I was on the phone with my wife 5 minutes before they supposedly showed up in the morning, so I know for a fact she was waiting around. Also we live far enough away from the depot that it would be impossible for them to arrive that early just after loading their trucks.

Of course in my case the seller and I worked things out really quick, though there was still a dead snake and the seller ended up losing the money.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:21 PM   #8
ToshaMc
My transaction with Rainforest Reptiles was mixed - I acquired a beautiful baby ball from them - healthy, eats great - the problem is that they guaranteed it was female and it turned out to be a male - as it's a wicked cool ball - I wanted to hold onto it anyway - as a female it was a bit expensive as a male definately overpriced - Mike said he'd give me $100 off my next purchase - but they havent had anything that intrests me - I'm sure by the time they do Mike will have forgotten my discount we'll see. The other ball I got at the same time was properly sexed, healthy and a good eater too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!