Anyone know JL Exotics (Mike Kerwits) out of Florida? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
alexspythons
Question Anyone know JL Exotics (Mike Kerwits) out of Florida?

Just curious if anyone has ever heard of Mike Kerwits from JL Exotics out of Florida...any info would be greatly appreciated...He seems like a great guy just by speaking with him over the phone but you never know so that's why I'm here...look forward to reading some responses. Thanks for your time.

Alex Quiles
A & J's Snakes
Aquiles523@yahoo.com
(845)800-6928

Old 09-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #2
SVT Snake
What is he trying to sell? I have talked to John Light of JL Exotics several times and he is a great guy. I've never heard of Mike Kerwits and I don't think John has a partner.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
jlexotics
Mike Kerwits?!

I am unaware of anyone else using the name JL Exotics. JL Exotics stands for John Light Exotics. I am John Light and I do NOT have a partner. This is the 2nd time I have heard of someone using my name to try and sell their animals. I have NO idea who Mike Kerwits is. At this time I have NO animals for sale. Alex I left you a message on your cell phone. If you have questions please give me a call. The last time something like this happened someone was taken for ALOT of money as he thought he was going to be getting a pair of adult het Clown ball pythons. The man in question stated "he said he was with JL Exotics". I am the only person. If I had adult het clowns I would NEVER sell them! Clowns happen to be a favorite morph of mine!

Again any questions post or call (954) 691-5489

Old 09-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
alexspythons
I appreciate the response John. I was almost taken for a couple of thousand dollars myself. I was supposed to be getting a proven breeder male pastel, 1.1 100% het albino breeders, and approximately 20 wc/imported adult females. I did receive your voice mail but not until late last night so I figured I would hold off on giving you a call back...This guy whoever he is has given me two phone numbers and I have his e-mail address...now he didn't get the chance to scam me but he might try and scam someone else...do you think there's something I can do to prevent him from doing that? Should I get police or any type of official involved?

Alex Quiles
A & J's Snakes
Aquiles523@yahoo.com
(845) 800-6928

Old 09-08-2005, 12:55 PM   #5
jlexotics
Not sure if there is anything you can do because you never actually went through with the deal. Kingsnake actually banned him from their site.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Quote:
This guy whoever he is has given me two phone numbers and I have his e-mail address
Do you know how to check his IP#? If you send me his e-mail as an attachment I can do that for you. At least we will know where is he writing from.

Regards.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #7
jlexotics
He could always switch it up by going to a local library or leaving his grandmothers and going to his mom's. Just something to think about.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #8
alexspythons
he actually called me the first time I guess from his mother's or grandmother's house the first day we spoke...the following day I called that number...asked for "Mike" and I was told I had the wrong number...I talked to him later in the day and explained I called that number 3 times and I had the wrong number...nobody had ever heard of him there and then that's when he gave me I guess his cell phone number. He just called and left me a voice mail on my cell phone about 2 hours ago stating he was sorry he didn't call me back yesterday after checking up on the females I was going to purchase from him. What should I do? Should I drag it out with him and make it seem like I'm going to pay him, tell him I'm going to send him a check, but in reality just write some stupid letter inside? Should I call him out on his scam? I guess he doesn't check the BOI very often...I don't think he has a clue as to me finding out about him. This situation is hilarious right now...he'll get what he has coming to him. Thanks John for everything and the chat earlier today...I appreciate it more than you know.

Alex Quiles
A & J's Snakes
(845) 800-6928
Aquiles523@yahoo.com

Old 09-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #9
jlexotics
Hey no problem alex. I do know one way to really bust him which would involve the goverment, only problem is I don't believe he has any animals so when someone showed up all they could do is warn him. Only other way to take him down is going through with the deal.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #10
SVT Snake
I had a bad experience with Matt, Mario, whoever he is right now. This guy is a good talker but you can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He needs to be taken down but I am finally getting my money back after a year of dealing with him, so I am done with him for good finally.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!