northern watersnake question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
littlepretty82
northern watersnake question

Does anyone know a good website where I can learn about the different color morphs of the northern watersnake? They are very abundant in my area and when I go for a walk along the creek I see another water snake or queen snake at least every 4 or 5 feet. I have found all different colors of them. The most common is grey with darker black bands and a hint of orange all over. I have seen an albino, an orange with darker orange bands no black or grey at all , and I have a beautiful light grey one with dark black bands. Is there normally this much color variation in a population?