Bad Guy Joel Diaz (Legacy Reptiles) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #21
Rjhjthomps
Your right, and I'm willing to do what it takes to make things right with him. I'm 28 and dont have much business experience, just an amateur reptile collector not a reptile breeder or herpetologist. My love for reptiles is everlasting and I refuse to waste it away from one dumb mistake that I made.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #22
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Joe, it seems like you need to make things right with Rob in a few ways from what you have told us.

As for subcutaneous nematodes being present in a CB snake...yeeaaaaah...pretty much no, so a reader can indirectly figure out what was what with subcutaneous nematodes present. I mean it is possible if a CB snake is left to live in a kind of wild outdoor enclosure, but realistically speaking - you pretty confidently could assume you have a WC snake when it comes to you with subcutaneous nematodes. Such nematodes are utterly nasty, by the way.
^^ This

Subcutaneous nematodes do not occur on CB animals, unless they are housed as Nick has said.

So, the only reasonable conclusion is that the snakes are WC, since they were advertised as CB, the original seller is guilty of false advertising.

Has Legacy Reptiles been notified of this thread?

Old 03-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #23
tlmoon
Joe, did you know the snakes were WC and had health problems when you sold them on to Rob?

I'm not clear if you didn't know that at the time, or if you did know and did it anyway. Either way, I agree you need to make it right with him. It's hard to complain about the seller that did this to you, if you do it someone else and then don't fix it.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:41 PM   #24
Rjhjthomps
I had known about the lumps but was told that they were nothing to be worried about by Legacy Reptile in the text, so I assumed they were in good enough condition to sell because they were feeding. I didn't know they were wild caught but I did think they seemed imperfect for cb, but was happy to have the species even at all.
Your right, but I dont want this to happen to other people anymore. So until I make things right with Rob I can understand peoples objection towards my prior coduct

Old 03-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #25
Rjhjthomps
I only have about several years experience keeping cb reptiles and extremely limited experience keeping wc reptiles. For most of my life I havent been collecting reptiles because I havent been able to afford it.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:06 AM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhjthomps View Post
So until I make things right with Rob I can understand peoples objection towards my prior coduct
It sounds to me like you are trying to set up a landscape where some vague 'until I make it right with Rob' makes what you have done acceptable and lifts the cloud of unethical dealing from your shoulders. Sorry, but pounding your chest and crying mea culpa is not the equivalent of making reparations.

You should right your wrongs immediately. Simply because you were sold snakes that had issues does not give you the ethical right to turn around and do the same to an innocent party. The longer you wait to wrap this up, the more people will associate you in the future with unethical behavior and may be hesitant to deal with you. You are obviously expecting that whenever you get around to doing something, your poor behaviors will be completely erased. That is not the case.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:09 AM   #27
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post

So, the only reasonable conclusion is that the snakes are WC, since they were advertised as CB, the original seller is guilty of false advertising.

Has Legacy Reptiles been notified of this thread?
I have just notified them of this thread via email.
Interestingly, Legacy Reptiles is a partnership between family members, one of whom is a veterinarian. Also interesting is their TOS which professes a guarantee but also says that all sales are final.

While the veterinarian's specialty is birds, one would think that any vet would see the lumps and with very little research realize what those lumps might be.

If I had bought lumpy snakes and had been refused a return and refund, I would certainly be making a formal complaint to the licensing veterinary board who licensed a vet who sent out such snakes. Legacy Reptiles seems to be a partnership, so both partners are liable no matter who actually put the snakes in the box and shipped them.

While it is true that the OP is on the hot seat for his actions in not disclosing the lumps to a subsequent buyer and so far not making reparations, it is also true that his characterization of Legacy as Bad Guys may be appropriate.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #29
LRDJ
I just want to make everybody aware that, even though the Legacy Reptiles website has not been updated in a long time, my partnership with Joel Diaz ended way over a year ago. Lake Howell Animal Clinic and myself have nothing to do with any business from Legacy Reptiles. The Legacy Reptiles corporation should be only under Joel Diaz's name.

Dr. Orlando Diaz

Old 03-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #30
Rjhjthomps
I've wanted to make amends for awhile now but I cant contact Rob because he blocked me on facebook.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!