Bad Guy Joel Diaz (Legacy Reptiles) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #41
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRDJ View Post
I just want to make everybody aware that, even though the Legacy Reptiles website has not been updated in a long time, my partnership with Joel Diaz ended way over a year ago. Lake Howell Animal Clinic and myself have nothing to do with any business from Legacy Reptiles. The Legacy Reptiles corporation should be only under Joel Diaz's name.

Dr. Orlando Diaz
Orlando, I suggest since this account is in your name, you change the password and advise Joel to create his account.

However, you are a partner of record, so you are on the hook as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhjthomps View Post
I've wanted to make amends for awhile now but I cant contact Rob because he blocked me on facebook.
Please provide Rob's email so that someone else may contact him & notify him of this thread.

Quote:
Joe, I'll start saying that I have never had a bad review here and this situation should be something simple and it's getting out of control!
I have never stopped answering or ignoring any of your text messages or email. Usually the way reputable breeders handle this is by talking and resolving it with the breeder first!
We talked and texted in multiple occasions and I don't think I was ignoring you or trying to get out of the situation, even though I shared all the information that I had with me.

On another note, Lucille, I don't know you and I don't think we have done any business together, but I noticed that you mentioned my cousin (Orlando Diaz) and his clinic (Lake Howell Animal Clinic). Don't know the reason behind it, but neither him or the clinic were affiliated or were a subject in this transaction. I'll appreciate it if you remove that from the thread or clarify your reasoning behind it.

Like I said, very open to discussion or moving forward with the matter, especially if the buyer contacts me directly.

1. Ptyas dhumnades - the snake was sold in perfect condition and as per our phone conversation, I did ship to you the one with the most meals (Pinkies). When I asked you if you have worked with the species before, you said No! Well as you know now, they are not your typical colubrid... Lots of factors could be taken into consideration; husbandry, STRESS, humidity, amount of meals (since the metabolism isn't the same as other colubrids) and the list goes on. I have learned with these snakes that variety of diet when they are young is important, but we as keepers (Me included) want whatever is easier or convenient for us!

2. On the Frenatum - I told you all the information that I had at the moment, I did not produce them and I was very clear that I acquired them in a trade on a Repticon show in Orlando. I'm sorry that they developed those bumps. This is another species that tends to get very stressed with handling so I didn't go to extremes to check it so the bumps could have been there and I missed them, or they could have developed under your care. I don't know for sure but that is irrelevant now.

You have my phone number, if you want to discuss this further and see if we can fix the situation between us two please give me a call in the afternoon (after 5 PM).

Joel
Joel, make your own account asap.
You also sold obvious WC snakes as CB.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #42
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Joe, that excuse for not doing what you ought to do is just pathetic. A friend or two who are not blocked can help with communications, and you don't even need to communicate with him to sent him a PayPal refund.
Agreed.

Joe, just send his refund to his PayPal with a note stating what it is for.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #43
Rjhjthomps
Send him a full refund, let him keep the snakes. You should have known that lumpy snakes had something going on, and should have disclosed the lumps to your buyer. If you are trying to rehabilitate your reputation, be generous about this refund, and be excruciatingly honest and above board from now on. Now is not the time to save a few pennies.

-
I'll give Rob a full refund, although at the present moment I'm broke. I'll ask to borrow some money or sell something but I want to clarify that this is my present situation.

After this occurrence I decided to work with less specialized species and focus on easier to keep species until I get more experience with the surprisingly complex animals
-

You are welcome to talk to your seller but if you are trying to clean up your rep you need to at least disclose the terms of his settlement with you. If you do not do that, you will be tainted by a secret deal with someone who has everything to gain by later making up exculpative stories about what y'all talked about. Really, it would be best to get it done in writing, here.
-
On second thought, I'd actually prefer the seller to share his ideas and express his concerns here and not over the phone with me.
-

Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #44
bcr229
Quote:
I just want to make everybody aware that, even though the Legacy Reptiles website has not been updated in a long time, my partnership with Joel Diaz ended way over a year ago. Lake Howell Animal Clinic and myself have nothing to do with any business from Legacy Reptiles. The Legacy Reptiles corporation should be only under Joel Diaz's name.

Dr. Orlando Diaz
At the moment it's under no one's name, unless it's registered somewhere other than FLorida now?
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #45
Rjhjthomps
Also, I'm trying to find a job I'll update about when I do so that I can be able to pay him back.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #46
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhjthomps View Post

I'll give Rob a full refund, although at the present moment I'm broke. I'll ask to borrow some money or sell something but I want to clarify that this is my present situation.

-

-
The sooner you take care of your mistake, the better. I'm glad you have stated your intentions, if Rob sees this, he may be open to communicating with you and be willing to accept multiple payments.

Joe, the first snakes demise may well have been a result of your inexperience with that species, without a necropsy, it is impossible to know for sure.

The pair of snakes sold to you as CB, with subcutaneous nematodes is completely on Legacy Reptiles aka Joel and Orlando, they should refund your money for them.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #47
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
The pair of snakes sold to you as CB, with subcutaneous nematodes is completely on Legacy Reptiles aka Joel and Orlando, they should refund your money for them.
Agree, and if you get refunded the first thing to do is to refund the person you sold the lumpy snakes to.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #48
LRDJ
I just got home. Ill try to answer as much as possible. They can die without the proper husbandry as I told you before. I understand that you add this snake to make the BOI more dramatic. But the truth is that you are hiding behind these, because you know you did wrong... The snake was perfect upon arrival and was eating pinkies and doing good. Why you don't share all the husbandry parameters on her? You didn't have any experience with this species and something happen. I'm sorry for what happen, but trying to add this to make it more powerful or dramatic is wrong! There is a reason you never complain back them, but conveniently now is a problem... Again, i never stop answering you or Rob.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #49
Rjhjthomps
No, I told you the snake died when it happened via text and you told me sorry.
I'm not adding it to be dramatic it's a problem because you have no evidence that backs up your claim of them being CB ptyas dhumnades being bred by very few people. Personally, if I had bred ptyas dhumnades sucessfully I'd take photos of the clutch.

I kept the ptyas dhumnades in a 10gallon enclosure with no heatpad or lighting, 1 water dish, and 1 hide, with forest floor substrate. The temperature of the room was in the mid 70's and I left her alone as much as possible and only interacted during feeding.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #50
LRDJ
Lucille, sorry for the delay answer, working all day. I'm not in someone else account, this account was open originally for Legacy Reptiles, LRDJ (Legacy Reptiles Diaz Joel).

I am very upset with your attitude, your primary job is to be a mediator and not an instigator and that is what I felt you were doing. To suggest that Dr. Diaz business, could be liable for a Legacy Reptiles business transaction is not only a stretch but simply irresponsible. Nowhere in the website do I mention that the snakes are examined by Dr. Diaz and/or his clinic. Nor when we did business with Mr. Joe or anyone else we stated that.

In regards to your comment "And if you solve the issue between the two of you, the rest of us will still think that Joel Diaz sells lumpy snakes...." Again, I think it really leaves much to desire and it is troubling that for a seller who has never had an issue in this forum before you immediate reaction is so negative. Maybe it was not how you wanted it to sound but it came across that way.
I have worked very hard to get Legacy Reptiles to where it is and to have the reputation it has because of the quality of our snakes and the care and passion I put into it. It is disappointing to read comments and attitudes like this. I will continue to try and resolve this issue directly with the parts involved because I honestly do not feel or got the impression that you are a bit interested in helping. Hopefully we all come out of this situation learning something.

Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!