Inquiry DTS herp farm - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #21
englishaussie
I have bought from DTS a couple of times without any issues.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #22
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishaussie View Post
I have bought from DTS a couple of times without any issues.
Thanks for that. That makes another member who will support a PROVEN bad guy. Hopefully you will never have a problem, but it is going to be funny when you do. Would you also let Charlie Manson babysit for you. Maybe you haven't read all of the bad guy threads about him. Anyone else?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
David Scarboro
Just so we are clear here, Dan Scolaro has been caught DOZENS of times. He sells sick animals, wild caught junk and parasite ridden animals. His responses to anyone who has a problem are legend. Please tell me how you could read all of his bad guy threads in which he hangs himself over and over and still buy from him?

Old 05-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #24
MikeCurtin
First off, I have not purchased from DTS, but was in touch with him during a particularly bad thread to try and be an objective voice. What he told me, what he posted here, and what was evidenced by tangible proof were 3 entirely different things with regards to quarantine, species kept, and protocol for dealing with sick specimens. These are very dangerous areas in which to be so blatantly and deliberately dishonest.

Secondly, while I do not support anyone dealing with him, and would not consider knowingly purchasing from someone who does, I don't think it's particularly helpful to demonize those who are honest about their positive transactions in this thread.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #25
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
I don't think it's particularly helpful to demonize those who are honest about their positive transactions in this thread.
I am not "demonizing" anyone. I AM questioning their intelligence and integrity. kingpinreptiles for instance. Here is a guy who admits to buying "thousands of dollars" worth of stock from Dan and almost certainly sells it through his business. Then he jumps up and puts that out in the thread. Intelligence and Integrity.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #26
j_dunlavy
Quote:
What he told me, what he posted here, and what was evidenced by tangible proof were 3 entirely different things with regards to quarantine, species kept, and protocol for dealing with sick specimens. These are very dangerous areas in which to be so blatantly and deliberately dishonest.
People operating in this manner is where devastating disease outbreaks begin, you know, the kind that will wipe out your entire collection.
Like I said before: Avoid Dan (DTS) like the plague!

Quote:
I don't think it's particularly helpful to demonize those who are honest about their positive transactions in this thread.
True that! I'm sure there are many good honest people who have done business with him (likely prior to learning about how he operates).
The most important thing is to have proper Quarantine, off-site when possible, separate room at minimum. Even when buying from highly reputable people.

Just for the record; I have not done business with Dan. I was looking at some of Dan's ads a couple years ago. I decided against contacting him or attempting to do business with him due to the BOI threads I found on him through a Google search (before I joined Fauna).

Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #27
Brandonmarsh29
Like I said I am new to the internet and what raised the first flag for me was when I started looking into other ads and saw some pics of VERY SKINNY looking animals. So then I was just a bit curious and wanted to see what others had to say. Well I now found how to do a search and since my original post I did some digging and I now see what everyone has been talking about! I have just read through a whole bunch of insults toward his customers and anyone else who has anything to say. I am so glad to have a place like this to go to. For several years I've been doing business locally therefore I can look around and talk in person and obviously the hands on is outta the question. After everything I have just read I would never take the chance of getting a sick animal potentially destroying everything I've worked for.
I can't believe after all the insults and rants I just read a guy like Dan can still be going about destroying animals and putting customers entire collections at risk. I am so thankful to have posted this thus leading me to the other posts. Thanks again guys

Old 05-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #28
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Secondly, while I do not support anyone dealing with him, and would not consider knowingly purchasing from someone who does, I don't think it's particularly helpful to demonize those who are honest about their positive transactions in this thread.
I agree. It's not productive for this forum to attack people for sharing their experiences.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #29
redhood23
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
So you have no qualms about dealing with and supporting a proven bad guy?
That is good to know.
As I said, I took a risk and didn't get screwed. I knew the risk I was taking and I quarantined these animals to make sure I didn't risk my collection. That does not make me a supporter of scumbags in the hobby. He had something I had been looking for for a long time and was unable to find anyone else who had them, so I took a risk. I am not saying he doesn't sell sick and diseased animals, I am saying I may have gotten lucky with what I got but THESE ANIMALS were good.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #30
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
As I said, I took a risk and didn't get screwed. I knew the risk I was taking and I quarantined these animals to make sure I didn't risk my collection. That does not make me a supporter of scumbags in the hobby. He had something I had been looking for for a long time and was unable to find anyone else who had them, so I took a risk. I am not saying he doesn't sell sick and diseased animals, I am saying I may have gotten lucky with what I got but THESE ANIMALS were good.
I'm confused. How does buying from him NOT support him?

Either you live in a land where light is dark and black is white, you're woefully ignorant of the meaning of the word support, or you're a liar.

No matter what though, you did knowingly do business with one of THE worst people in this business then bragged about it. Neato for you. You got what you wanted thereby allowing others to be, once again, screwed by dts. I see it as akin to trying to rescue from a lousy petshop. Sure, you may get a deal, you may get what YOU want, but you're only allowing crappy business practices to go on being crappy. But hey, you got yours, right?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!