Loxahatchee Herp Hatchery & Rodent Farm--Great Guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
BLAZE555
Thumbs up Loxahatchee Herp Hatchery & Rodent Farm--Great Guys

I just wanted to say that my dealings with Bill and Jim at Loxahatchee Herp Hatchery & Rodent Farm were absolutely great. I have dealt with allot of rodent guys and they are one of the best. Not only were their rodents high in quality but they were VERY reasonable. They are one of the few that will ship at a reasonable price. I will definitely do business again with them and I would suggest them to anyone!!!

Thanks
Blaze

Old 05-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
corvuschik
I'll second your recommendation - and raise you a "thank you" for posting about them here. I never thought to do it.

The rodents I have purchased from them are the cleanest, healthiest feeders I have ever purchased from anyone. No feces in the bags, no freezer burn (even before their new vacuum packaging), accurately sized, and they smell fresh when you defrost them. I have been buying from them for about a year and the quality has remained consistant.

Their prices are incredible, their service is outstanding, and the quality is top notch. I'm very fortunate that I live close enough to be on their delivery route.

I would also highly recommend them to anyone in need of high quality rodents with excellent customer service.

Elizabeth West

Old 05-31-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
GBFINC
Jim sold me my original rats that became my breeding stock -- i agree with posts 1 & 2 ; top notch operation - highest quality available-- the facility is awesome--Brian O'Neill

Old 06-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
smilin-buddha
These are two of the best guys in the business. I have had the pleasure to have several dealings with them and have always come away more than happy. If there was more people handling there business like them the BOI would not need to exist. I have purchased snakes, Rodents, and supplies. Always the best.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Skiploder
After getting some questionable service from a couple of the other frozen rodent suppliers, I gave Jim at Loxahatchee a try.

Excellent service, comparable prices and great product. I'm placing all my orders through them from here on out.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
yoyoing
These guys really are the best. I pick up my frozen feeders in person. The buildings where the animals are kept are quite large but meticulously clean. When I had a small breeder colony, the smell could get nasty. Loxahatchee somehow has thousands of rodents with no smell. They really know their business, and could not be friendlier. Know that what you are buying is coming from a great place.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Shadera
These guys have my business from now on when I need frozen rodents. I've purchased from the big guys in the industry and have always been disappointed in both the quality and the packaging. But when you need rats, you need rats..

I received my first order from Loxahatchee today and am blown away by their attention to detail. Feeders are clean (no feces, bedding, or other debris in with them - white rats are actually white rather than yellow!), well packaged on meat trays and vacuum sealed (not tossed haphazardly into a bag with others to make one large frozen tangled mass with freezer burned edges), and look and smell fresh (as opposed to looking like they've been starved, kept in dirty bedding, and thawed then re-frozen). These rival the quality of rodent I'm producing here, and I don't feel a bit guilty supplementing my production with these. The "other" guys should be ashamed of themselves for what they've tossed into those shipping boxes at times.

Thanks Loxahatchee, for giving us comparable pricing on a MUCH better product.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Do these guys have a website? I ran a search and nothing came up.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
charleshanklin
Here is their website and I agree they are some great guys to do business with. They take great care of their rodents and snakes as well.

http://www.loxahatcheerodents.com/

Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
anaconda6769
Do they ship anywhere? Does anyone know anything about rodentpro? I have not made the switch to frozen yet but I was thinking of it and they are much closer (one state away)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!