Large well tempered black throat monitor male - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 11-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
dmlove02
Large well tempered black throat monitor male

Hey all - I have a (roughly) 4-5 foot hefty male (confirmed) black throat monitor I am parting with. He is a wonderful guy, and a fantastic eater. He is food trained to come to his feeding door when the side of the enclosure is tapped, and will eat from tongs or a bowl. Loves to soak in his large tub. Very well tempered guy as far as black throats go - if you know anything about the species, you know that they can never really be "dog tame" as some claim. That being said, this guy has a great temperment. He has never opened his mouth or tried to bite at all, and only gives a huff when he wants to be left alone. Occasionally he will give a feeble half-assed tail whip, but that is when you wake him from a slumber. I get him out regularly to clean his cage and soak him in the tub, and he handles and free roams very well - I never have a problem putting him back into his cage. Beautiful animal, full of personality. I also have his large handmade wooden enclosure that I would like to go with him - it comes apart in sections so would not be a problem transporting.

I have to get rid of him because I will be moving out of the country for a year for some veterinary work, and no family or friends want to take my boy.

I would prefer not to ship such a large creature, but would be willing to meet somewhere to exchange. I live an hour outside of Atlanta GA (in Auburn Alabama), so we can figure something out if you are interested.

Make me an offer - for either him or the monitor + enclosure.

Email me at dmlove02@gmail.com or text me at 8594662726 (do not call unless we make previous arrangements). I have no photos on this computer but can get plenty at request if you contact me.

Thanks!

David
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
black throat monitor, male, tame