What I'm doing - the progression - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
hhmoore
Okay, I finally took a few minutes to do some more pics. I'm still not happy with the set up, but it's better. Admittedly, while I had the camera in manual, I initially forgot to check what my settings were, lol.

These 3 are fairly close, but not quite right. (The picture control was on VIVID, for these, because I didn't think to reset it until later)
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
hhmoore
These were the second three pics I took....and I didn't check the images until after the second one from this grouping. I noticed he was way too yellow, and backed the picture control off to STANDARD. The third is closer, but still not quite right. For giggles, I flipped on my flash, because things looked a little dark in a few of the pics, and it totally wiped him out, lol - just a tiny flash of yellow.
Probably won't revisit this for a month or so, but who knows.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
That is one of the coolest balls I have ever seen!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
That is one of the coolest balls I have ever seen!
I really like him, too.
Here is an outside picture of him

and the closest from that group

The snake's real look is actually somewhere between the two pics. He's not quite as subtle as the outside shot, but not as yellow as even the toned down shot from tonight

Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #15
KelliH
Pics look good. That snake is insane!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #16
SERPENTS DEN
Those look much better and I just love the yellow in that Super Mojave.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
SDReptile
I dont mess with WB to much. I will change the in camera settings. To the preset WB setting needed for where Im shooing. I edit in Lightroom 4, so white balance isnt to big of an issue. I shoot raw, and get it as close as possible in camera. Then I tweak it in LR later if needed. Shooting raw, and having a good program to edit the raw file with. Makes it a little easier. And you dont have to worry so much about WB.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
Mooing Tricycle
Okay, that super is just cool.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #19
SirenSanJose
What a beautiful animal!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!