Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:58 PM   #201
Lucille
Dan I agree. I would definitely initiate complaints (investigated on the state's dime) and make a lot of noise (being careful with facts).
I think Michelle is getting the runaround. Time to put a stop to that.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:06 PM   #202
Lucille
And if Ty is not an Az bona fide local member, it might be effective to initiate a complaint about his behavior in Florida as well, just so they can have a look at what is going on.
As I said before, John did not seem to be acting as if he was in charge of the raffle and prizes in his posts that were presented on this thread.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #203
Lucille
And if I was filling out complaints against the parties, I would include a link to this thread. That way, Ty (and John) would be shown as they are, and their communications to Michelle would speak loudly to the truth of what she is saying.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:41 PM   #204
Dro B
The one thing I think all of Ty's groupies are forgetting is that everyone who bought a raffle ticket was donating money right along with him, nobody who bought those tickets expected to actually win. $100 per ticket for a 1 in 60 chance at winning is a big risk so to say the OP expected something for her $400 and is taking advantage is rediculous. She had no clue she would win so when she gave up that much money, she was making a donation as well, she just happened to win. If he can in fact write these tegu's off, hes the one taking advantage here.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:59 PM   #205
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
The one thing I think all of Ty's groupies are forgetting is that everyone who bought a raffle ticket was donating money right along with him, nobody who bought those tickets expected to actually win. $100 per ticket for a 1 in 60 chance at winning is a big risk so to say the OP expected something for her $400 and is taking advantage is rediculous. She had no clue she would win so when she gave up that much money, she was making a donation as well, she just happened to win. If he can in fact write these tegu's off, hes the one taking advantage here.
i believe the "donated tegus" are a complete write off for him. i could be wrong but last year i donated 2 sugar gliders to a sg nutrition study and later i was told that it was a write off for me. also every time i donate products that i make and sell for gliders to a non profit they give me a tax deduction reciept

in mass there is whats called chapter 93a triple damages for "unfair and deceptive" business practices which i did also file because this was very deceptive and veryyyy unfair. but being in different states and them having different laws is where things get complicated, we are talking now 3 different states. massachusetts , florida and arizona ( and his residence is in chicago illinois)

this may not even be just a small claims matter anymore, we are trying to figure all of this out now. and what state would be the best avenue to pursue this.

there is a potential small claims matter,
a deformation per se, slander complaint
and criminal possibilities as well.

lawyers are REALLY expensive.
so i am hoping to get one on a contingency agreement

ALL I WANT IS MY TEGUUUUUUUUU )like the others got :/

Old 12-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #206
Sugarhedgie
part of the FL laws on raffles
speaking of a non profit organization which i do not believe ty is anyway but this is interesting

"it is unlawful for any organization that is authorized to conduct a drawing by chance to require an entry fee, donation, substantial consideration, payment, proof of purchase, or contribution as a condition of either entering the drawing or being selected to win a prize.[10] Therefore, the organization distributing the raffle tickets may not require a contribution or donation in order to participate in the raffle; nor may it arbitrarily disqualify or reject any entry or discriminate in any manner between entrants who contribute to the organization and those who do not.[11] It is also unlawful to fail to notify the person whose entry is selected to win that they have won, or to fail to award the prizes in the manner and at the time stated.[12] "

Old 12-26-2016, 12:56 AM   #207
bcr229
When you paid for the tickets, did you pay Ty or did you pay the IRCF for them?

Old 12-26-2016, 01:07 AM   #208
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
When you paid for the tickets, did you pay Ty or did you pay the IRCF for them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
I paid with PayPal. Paid directly to the IRCF in the memo "for ty parks raffle"
It's unfortunate that he didn't seem to explicitly instruct those buying tickets to put that very text into the PayPal memo. Would have made any possible misconduct a bit easier to prove.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:52 AM   #209
DNAexotics
Im just going to offer some advice to the op, as i have no dog in this fight but i noticed a very important note. In the attached convo, ty clearly offered to send a purple albino as the award, which exceeds value and was then refused due to speculation. I thought it was a dicey piece and that before you try and proceed you need to contact an attorney and show them that and get their legal advice. Even a piss poor attorney can take a piece like that and bury the case with it, and due to refusal you can be green lighting the countersuit i believe. I am not an attorney, but i have dealt with many and the i can easily see that portion being your refusal of award. Just my 0.02.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2016, 01:53 AM   #210
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
It's unfortunate that he didn't seem to explicitly instruct those buying tickets to put that very text into the PayPal memo. Would have made any possible misconduct a bit easier to prove.

I put that in each memo of the 4 tickets I bought

I think even without him saying that. That there is enough proof of his misconduct, his demeanor, his failure to honor HIS raffle terms and he raffled off the tegu he claims was mine again for another $5,510

I really hoped he doesn't get away with what he has done because of the technicalaties of the 3 maybe 4 different state laws.

Someone I know bought an iguana from him after the raffle (that also proves that he does do business with and ships to mass residents) But she is terrified of him because it is not nice at all and he's just a baby. ;/ I'm currently helping her work with it.
when I sell a sugar glider if it has attitude (because some do) I fully disclose it to the customer.
I have never owned an iguana before and tbh would never buy one. Tegus are my preference but that's just me.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu