Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #221
Kristi23
I'm not 100% sure how this works, but I think that Ty was just donating the animals by having a raffle. All raffle ticket money went to the charity in AZ and the animals came from Ty. Kind of like how RACCA does auctions on facebook for USARK. People donate animals and the money paid by the winners goes directly to USARK. The people running the auction never see the money and USARK really has nothing to do with the auctions. They just get the donations. I could be wrong about Ty's raffle though.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:13 PM   #222
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
I'm not 100% sure how this works, but I think that Ty was just donating the animals by having a raffle. All raffle ticket money went to the charity in AZ and the animals came from Ty. Kind of like how RACCA does auctions on facebook for USARK. People donate animals and the money paid by the winners goes directly to USARK. The people running the auction never see the money and USARK really has nothing to do with the auctions. They just get the donations. I could be wrong about Ty's raffle though.
I still believe Ty should pay the OP or give her the tegu. I should have mentioned that. I was just answering about the charity being involved. They may or may not have been involved with the raffle.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #223
DavidBeard
Quote:
I still believe Ty should pay the OP or give her the tegu. I should have mentioned that. I was just answering about the charity being involved. They may or may not have been involved with the raffle.
Have you read the whole thread or seen the pics? They were definitely involved in the raffle, theres no doubt.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #224
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Have you read the whole thread or seen the pics? They were definitely involved in the raffle, theres no doubt.
I didn't read the most recent messages, no. I know they knew about the raffle. I just didn't know if they were running it. It looked like Ty was running it from the early posts.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #225
Kristi23
Quote:
I didn't read the most recent messages, no. I know they knew about the raffle. I just didn't know if they were running it. It looked like Ty was running it from the early posts.
I do see in the most recent ones were he says "we" are doing the auction today. I'm not sure that it means he was running it though. I was just replying to Lucille when she was saying she couldn't figure out if the charity was involved in the actual running of the auction. My point was that Ty could have been doing it all with the blessing of the charity without them actually being "officially" involved.

Maybe someone can ask John? if the charity was involved in any of it or if they were just promoting it because Ty was running it to raise money for them. I would hope he would be honest.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #226
LizardGuy123
Ty's lack of presence and response to this thread clearly shows his disposition!what a shame...the holier than thou attitude is a major turnoff....

Old 12-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #227
Lucille
Quote:
My point was that Ty could have been doing it all with the blessing of the charity without them actually being "officially" involved.
It was a raffle, not an auction. And from links to the statutes in both Florida and Arizona, blessing or not, it seems like Ty should not have been 'running' the raffle, and there is a lot of case law that says those non profit organizations who have raffles ought to have the prizes that are advertised, and need to award those prizes to winners.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:18 PM   #228
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It was a raffle, not an auction. And from links to the statutes in both Florida and Arizona, blessing or not, it seems like Ty should not have been 'running' the raffle, and there is a lot of case law that says those non profit organizations who have raffles ought to have the prizes that are advertised, and need to award those prizes to winners.
I understand and I don't know how each law is. The RACCA page ran a raffle, too. (I was a winner). But since it was a different state, I'm not sure how that worked. I ended up donating back my winnings, so USARK benefited twice from me.

I hope the charity ends up being in the clear, but I just don't know how legal any of this was. I mostly hope the OP gets her money or animal. I want to see her get what she deserves along with the charity getting the money for their animals. I'd hate to see either lose out, but I do agree that everything needed to be done legally. I feel like facebook has auctions, giveaways, and raffles/contests a lot and I wonder if many of those people ever look into the legalities of it first.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #229
Lucille
Quote:
auctions, giveaways, and raffles/contests a lot and I wonder if many of those people ever look into the legalities of it first.
There are all sorts of dubious fundraisers going on. And for small time, well intentioned fundraising, sometimes nothing ever comes of it even if it is very dubious.

The difference here is that Michelle did not get her advertised prize. And when she asked about it, Ty said some pretty mean things. Then, she asked John about it. He apparently did not want to get involved. At every stage here, someone could have listened to Michelle, helped her get the prize she was entitled to, and legalities would not have been brought into the equation. But everyone turned their backs on her until she got here.
The issue is here now, and with 11,000 views and more, and a lot of good suggestions, I hope that Michelle will get the justice she deserves, and those who were nasty to her for just asking for her prize will have those public insults they made remain here, and future customers will see and remember.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #230
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
There are all sorts of dubious fundraisers going on. And for small time, well intentioned fundraising, sometimes nothing ever comes of it even if it is very dubious.

The difference here is that Michelle did not get her advertised prize. And when she asked about it, Ty said some pretty mean things. Then, she asked John about it. He apparently did not want to get involved. At every stage here, someone could have listened to Michelle, helped her get the prize she was entitled to, and legalities would not have been brought into the equation. But everyone turned their backs on her until she got here.
The issue is here now, and with 11,000 views and more, and a lot of good suggestions, I hope that Michelle will get the justice she deserves, and those who were nasty to her for just asking for her prize will have those public insults they made remain here, and future customers will see and remember.
I agree.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu