Tats - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-22-2005, 10:40 PM   #11
jenn
Ok, so my second addiction besides snakes is tats. I have 8 and plan on more. Here are a couple of them. Hope you like
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCF0003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCF0037.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCF0004.jpg

Old 10-22-2005, 11:20 PM   #12
dragonflyreptiles
I have 7, they all mark a time in my life or a feeling I had at the time that prompted me to want to be inked again. No regrets though I am only almost 36, so that may one day change but I hope not lol

I do have Rodneys name tattoed on my chest with an arrow through a heart with blood dripping off the end of the arrow. The blood drops were added much later when he trampled my heart a little. I swore he was the only man that made my heart bleed and not just hurt a little.

Only thing was at work they always said I was the only person there without a heart, but that seems to be the emotion when you are the one that has to tell them they were late and have to go home, have been written up 3 times are are suspended without pay for 3 days etc.

So I took the "Oh, so you thought getting a heart tattooed on your chest would qualify you as having one" all in stride and never said a word.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
eddie1976
one of my tattoo

This is a pic of my latest tattoo. I have 6 right now and am pretty much finished but for the addition of any more kid's names I might have to add. I have to keep mine coverable due to my wife's job. She is a vet and many times I have to attend professional functions with her and need to keep them hidden.
I have always been more of a lurker than a major poster, but hope to start posing more in the near future.
The cute face in the bottom pic is my gorgeous five year old who is the "Katie" in the tattoo. She did inform me that she now "owns" me since I have her name permanently on my body. Little does she know that she as owned me her whole life
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2005, 12:02 AM   #14
reptilebreeder
I currently have seven. Don't really regret any, as they either have personal meaning (memorial heart/cross for my lil sister), or they are something I have been in to all my life (a dragon, and soon some reptile related). Course I didn't get my first one till I was 29, so I made it past that "get the first tattoo I see when I turn 18" stage.
About 2 years ago, I finally went "visible", a Tattoo on my forearm, visible unless I wear long sleeves. The rest are usually covered by my clothes, although 2 on my legs are visible if I wear shorts (which I basically live in from about late February to sometime in November, and warm spells in Dec. and Jan., so I guess they are visible too).
I've finally decided to take the plung, and hope to get a "sleeve" sometime in the next couple years. There are some amazing artists out there, and it will take that long to be on the waiting list, and to save the large sum of money.

Old 10-23-2005, 12:21 AM   #15
A_Kendergirl
No tats, or piercing that are note worthy. That said - I have wanted tats since I was 13. I'll eventually get one - or (more likely) lots. It's just hard choosing what to do first. For about 4 years now I've wanted wings. The thought makes me warm inside. However, that would be a HUGE tat, and probably not a good idea for the first one.

My husband doesn't have any either. We plan to go together for our first ones. AWWWWW!

Old 10-23-2005, 12:30 AM   #16
Sasheena
As a high school teacher I get my students sometimes asking my opinion about tattoos. I sometimes make a point with some of them... One day a particularly immature student wanted my opinion. I asked "what cartoon did you like when you were a kid" and when she replied "I loved the Power Puff girls"... So I said, "Do you still like them?" The response: "no, of course not." Then I said, "if you could have gotten a tattoo when they were the coolest thing in the world, you might have gotten a Power Puff girl tattoo, how would you feel to have a Power Puff Girl tattoo now that you're an adult (16 years old)" She saw the point and decided against it.

Now I'm not anti-tattoos, I just know that the younger a person is the more likely they are to make a decision they won't agree with later in their life. I try to discourage my students because I want them to at least have a little bit of living under their belts before they make that decision, instead of going with what is trendy just because it IS trendy.

I myself do not have any tattoos. My older sister got one when she was seventeen. A butterfly on her right wrist. By the time she was thirty it looked like she'd had an accident with a pen at work and hadn't yet washed up. Later on she had it cleaned up a bit and added a mushroom.

I do like some body art I see. One of my favorite characters on television has some very nice tatoos (even if they are painted on)... Abbey on NCIS. Her tattoos are quite cool, and completely in line with her character.

Old 10-23-2005, 01:29 AM   #17
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheena
I asked "what cartoon did you like when you were a kid" and when she replied "I loved the Power Puff girls"... So I said, "Do you still like them?" The response: "no, of course not." Then I said, "if you could have gotten a tattoo when they were the coolest thing in the world, you might have gotten a Power Puff girl tattoo, how would you feel to have a Power Puff Girl tattoo now that you're an adult (16 years old)" She saw the point and decided against it.

Now I'm not anti-tattoos, I just know that the younger a person is the more likely they are to make a decision they won't agree with later in their life. I try to discourage my students because I want them to at least have a little bit of living under their belts before they make that decision, instead of going with what is trendy just because it IS trendy.
As I posted earlier, I think that is the biggest reason that I am okay with all my tattoos. If I would have gotten a tattoo when I turned 18, I may have gotten a Tattoo that said "What you talkin' bout Willis?" or something I did get a fad/trendy tattoo in 95' (tribal armband), but the rest (and some future ones) are all things I've liked long term, like; reptiles, dragons, women, or things "symbolic" like memorial hearts, crosses, grim reapers, etc.
My 2 daughters want tattoos (19 years old) and I'm trying to make sure they think long and hard about everything-the subject matter, the placement, etc. I also told them if they want a piece of flash (the "predone" ones hanging up on the walls of Tattoo shops) that they should not just pick the most popular current fad, even if it meant getting a traditional heart tattoo, and that they should stick it in a drawer for a year and then pull it out, and decide wether they still want it. I know a year is not much when you consider the tattoo will last a lifetime. I've been doing this the last couple years and actually dumped a few ideas that I had. Anyway, I'm going to use your power puff girls example, the next time it comes up.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:03 AM   #18
codenamecrash
my left arm is sleeved from wrist to shoulder, then wraps over my shoulder and my whole back is covered. working on my right arm.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #19
Lucille
To all that have shown pix, your tats are beautiful and impressive. Jay, you got any pix of yours?

Old 10-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #20
Manhattan Herps
i'm preparing to have both arms done in sleeves..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!