Tats - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #61
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfisher2002
Nice tats guys and gals.
I thought I'd contribute as well.
I just had a lovely (read not lovely) 4 hour sitting to have the outline on my back done. It's a grave yard to immortalize my 2 sisters and grandpa that have passed. As well as representy when I met my wife and how life changed. I was a very different person before that so I wanted a way to kind of "put her name on me" without actually using her name. That's what my tomb represents.
It's just the outline and I have 5 more 4 hour sessions booked everyother weekend. The shading has to be done, and the tree branches will come over my shoulders and wrap around my arms and across my chest to an opeing where you can see an anatomical heart with the branches squeezing it.
I'm also adding a picture of my recently deceased Ambanja Panther cham and a Beardie head, on my right shoulder and bicep.
Everything is greyscale, no color. I got alot of ohhh's and ahh's for getting something so big for a first tattoo. But I have been designing it and waiting for over 5 years to get it. I won't lie, it hurt like hell.

I'll post some more pics as we progress.
Not to be a nitpicker or anything, but methinks he forgot the second T in your name? here on fauna you use two, so im just curious? :P

Old 01-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #62
Ed Clark
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Not to be a nitpicker or anything, but methinks he forgot the second T in your name? here on fauna you use two, so im just curious? :P
No, your just a nitpicker.......MOO HAHAHA

Old 01-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #63
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
No, your just a nitpicker.......MOO HAHAHA

Thannnnks!

I was just sayin... you know, before things were MORE permanent and such! i know if my name was like his is spelled, and spelled wrong on something i payed big bucks for, it would bug the heck out of me!

Its a very nice tattoo though! the idea is something i havent seen before too!

Old 01-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #64
Clay Davenport
Ed, a few posts back I recommended Bob Tyrell as a good realism artist. Since then another member here introduced me to the work of Tom Renshaw. It was also highly recommended to choose Tom over Bob.
I wanted to make mention of that since I was the one who mentioned Bob in the first place.
I'm hoping to get some work done by Tom when he's relatively close to me doing a convention.
Here' shis website address:
http://www.tomrenshaw.com/index2.htm

Click on Galleries to see some of his amazing work.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #65
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Clay, Thanks for the info. found someone in NYC to do the boas.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #66
JNH reptiles
I have 24 of em!! everything from guns,daughters name,koi,nautical stars,skulls,demons...yea for being only 20 I gOT A GOOD Start

Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #67
Stardust

The tat guy I have worked with have plans and ideas to go around more and up to the shoulder.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:56 AM   #68
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust

The tat guy I have worked with have plans and ideas to go around more and up to the shoulder.

thats very very pretty!!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #69
liquidleaf
Nice tats, everyone. I need to get a photo of mine and my hubby's posted (will do that tonight maybe). Speaking of reptile tats - a coworker of mine got a really realistic armband of his columbian boa. I'll see if he'll post a pic. His was done at American Skin Art (not that it helps a lot of you, since I'm in the Buffalo area). I personally like Jon Mirro - he does excellent Japanese detailed tattoos, and has a special liking for dragons (once he took a photo of my boa's belly scales so he could get more detailed with the way dragon scales transition from belly scales to side scales). Plus, Jon also does work in the NYC metro area (heh, the commuting tattoo artist). His shop out there is HRT in Hicksville. Out here, his shop is HOD Tattoo.

Will post photos later! I love the koi he did for me. I also have a dragon that Kate Hellenbrand (Shanghai Kate) did for me.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #70
Laura Fopiano
Love the work Rozann!! And Moo, I plan on getting some more work done. I am in the process of having some boas drawn up by Gib. The piece should be interesting because I want no outlining at all.

I cropped this the best I could to show the derail in this piece, the artist..Linda from "Outer Limits" in Orange Ca.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!