Shannon Brown - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
rodneyj
Shannon Brown

It is discouraging to see Shannon Brown posting his Hondurans on the Kingsnake forum,when he should be posting them on the classifieds.
Shannon obviously has no intention of paying for the animals he received from me in Daytona last year.
Although I am not the only person to have been taken by Shannon-my hopes are that my posts will prevent someone from unwittingly making the same mistake.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 AM   #2
KelliH
Rodney... I am sorry to hear of this problem you are having with Shannon. Would you mind posting some details about the transaction?

Old 04-25-2006, 03:08 AM   #3
reptilebreeder
Kelli,
I was going to post a link to his thread, but it was only the two posts and no responses so I just pasted them here

Quote:
12-19-05
At the Daytona Expo this year,Shannon Brown took a witnessed delivery of 4 honduran hatchlings that I produced,1 female triple het and 1.2 anery dbl hets with the promise to pay me after he did a show in California in the upcoming weeks.Now 4 months after multiple attempts to get him to pay for the animals he received, I feel compelled to warn others to beware in dealings with Shannon.I realize I am not the first to use this forum to express frustration in dealing with Shannon, but I stopped short of using the B.O.I because of our past dealings and friendship.However, I feel I have been more than fair and patient.I am extremely disappointed to see the number of people Shannon has used poor judgement in his business dealings with this year,I had hoped not to be one of them.There are many well known breeders who can account for Shannon receiving these animals and failing to pay for them,and who will support my claims on this forum.Anyone interested in reading my last e-mail to Shannon can send their e-mail address and I will forward it to them. Rodney
Quote:
3-15-06
Update on Shannon Brown's buisness ethics: It has now been 7 months since Shannon received four Honduran hatchlings from me in Daytona.(See my first post for specifics)
At this time I still have received NO money from Shannon.I contacted him after my last post and offered him the option of paying a monthly amount until his debt was cleared-obviously this was not of interest to him.
As before there are several WELL known breeders who will support my claim and I can forward his e-mails regarding what he owes.
This treatment can only be considered THEFT.
It's disturbing that nobody replied to these. Of course, I'm a guilty party (though it may have been when my membership was lapsed).
I seem to remember something about Shannon saying he was having a tough go of it financially, as he was trying to get a bowling alley going. I don't know if he had quit his job, and was trying to make a go of this business or what, but seven months later he should be at least addressing things. I don't know if he is just ignoring this situation, or if he is having such a hard time that his reptile business is affected. If he's posting photos, and participating in the forums, then that is wrong.
Shannon had a good reputation, especially with milksnakes. I believe he is also a member here. I sure wish he would at least post and offer an explanation, or at least address whether this is a valid complaint. I know a lot of the "bad guys" state that they could care less what goes on here (the BOI), and that it doesn't affect their business, so they just ignore it, but Shannon didn't strike me as one of those types, as far as addressing customer issues, not necessarily the bad guy part.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
KelliH
Rodney, have you let Shannon know of this thread? Someone should probably email him the link. I have heard several other stories similar to yours Rodney, and sadly no one seems to want to post their stories on the BOI.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
rodneyj
Shannon Brown

THANK YOU so much Kelli and John for responding to my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been very discouraging for me to receive no support on the B.O.I from other members.
I know for a fact that I am NOT the only person that Shannon has wronged in this manner.As I wrote, I am saddened by his actions because I have done business in the past with Shannon,hung out and ate with him in Daytona,and had many lengthy conversations about breeding strategies on the phone.
He was supposed to be my friend!!!
HOWEVER,I am aware that Shannon bought some high end albino's and paid for them while he owed myself and others!!!!!!!!
I am also aware that he posts his animals on kingsnake.com classifieds bragging on them when I feel that he SHOULD be SELLING this animals to pay people for snakes he was entrusted with or re-paying monies he was entrusted with for deposits on animals he NEVER supplied.
That is where my problem with Shannon exists.
In my opinion his actions show a judgement problem-REGARDLESS of any other situations (personal or professional) that is not how you maintain personal relationships or business relationships.
I am mystified as to how Shannon remains on kingsnake.com when he has had trouble there also.I am worried that since I first made contact with Shannon because of his existance on KINGSNAKE.COM he will be allowed to remain a member and take advantage of others.
This type of situation makes it difficult for the "good" breeders and dealers s to do business and on a larger scale ALL business conducted thru the web!
Again THANK YOU two for responding to my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Rodney

Old 04-26-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
Rainbowboaman
Rodney,
You have started 3 threads about this same situation. Why not just update a previous one you started without using up new space here?

Old 04-26-2006, 01:06 AM   #7
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowboaman
Rodney,
You have started 3 threads about this same situation. Why not just update a previous one you started without using up new space here?
Why don't you offer help, suggestions, or an opinion rather than using up space with your own post? Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm just a little perturbed by a lack of any responses to any of his threads. I guess if it's not ball pythons, nasty photos, or a soap opera battle, no one seems to care. As I've mentioned, what Shannon is doing is wrong. Many people have problems, and can find themselves in difficult situations. Looking at the couple other threads started on Shannon it appears he fell into some kind of problems, all around the same time. The difference is he apparently took care of those people. Why he's not taking care of this one? Whether he feels he doesn't owe the money, or he can't rectify it now, or what, he should at least attempt to tell his side of the story. I love milksnakes, I've recommended him to buyers, I have friends who have been to his "facility", and know of others who have gone herping with him, but the recommendations, and his reputation are taking a hit IMHO. Maybe he doesn't care. I don't know if he is still placing ads, or actively selling, or what, but some rectifying or at least closure of this situation would sure be nice.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
Justin Mitcham
Quote:
I have heard several other stories similar to yours Rodney, and sadly no one seems to want to post their stories on the BOI.
Look at it this way...no-one is comming to his deffense!! not even Shannon!!! LOL

I think that speaks volumes personally!!

Old 07-18-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
rodneyj
Almost 1 year has now gone by without any payment of the 2200.00 Shannon Brown owes

Daytona will make it a year.I will probably never see a penny of what he owes.Anyone buying snakes from him this year should send the money to me! Ha-Ha!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #10
Suncoast Herpetological
There is no doubt that he should be selling the animals to pay debts rather than showing them off on the Forums. Daytona is only a month away Rodney. You may not get cash but animals are always a good second choice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!