Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #121
Discojaguar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmp187 View Post
If u and your family where hosptalized why not send him a copy or take pics of the paperwork and send it to him. I'm sure if he had proof you where really there he would be alittle more compassionate to you. It would be kinda hard for to beleive you too. A credit toward a new snake he may be selling seems reasonable.

Sir, apparently you did not read the entire thread. paperwork was provided to show that his family was hospitalized a day or so prior to the incident.

I personally would understand that a deposit is a deposit, and feel the seller made every effort to get the snake to the buyer.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #122
jimoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
In many cases, yes. But not always. Some employees get payed "sick" and "personal" days. I don't know of many employers who would allow an employee to take off two days for a "reptile" transaction.

You're still losing money if you use a personal day. That day has value. It is no different than forking over cash.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #123
P&A Pythons
Ya I skipped a few pages. Sorry credit should b given

Old 05-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #124
deborahbroadus
Quote:
In many cases, yes. But not always. Some employees get payed "sick" and "personal" days. I don't know of many employers who would allow an employee to take off two days for a "reptile" transaction. Again, I am more on the side of the fence of the OP, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander, yes? Proof goes alot further than hearsay on this site. So far, the only thing proven with regard to loss of money is that the accused lost a hundred bucks, perhaps rightfully so, maybe not. There are those here that would give back all of it, those who would give back half, and those who would give back squat. Perhaps a poll in another forum would be an interesting topic. May even help with the outcome of this thread, though I doubt it. JMO
Is this the REAL Chris? You are usually more logical than this.

It doesn't matter if he can use one of his employee days...they are WASTED because the transaction was not finalized. Although I may get paid for that day, I WASTED the time/money that could have been better spent (if a family emergency happens, I'm ill, etc...) Yes, the seller was forced to use money that he could have saved for another time.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #125
salottimc
A final warning might have been nice. "I need the money by tomorrow or it will be sold to another buyer and the deposit will be forfeit." Either way, it is up to the seller how to proceed. You are within your right to keep the money, but your customer service image will benefit in the long run by refunding it.

That being said, I think you might want to make someone agree to an explicit TOS before accepting another deposit.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #126
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Is this the REAL Chris? You are usually more logical than this.

It doesn't matter if he can use one of his employee days...they are WASTED because the transaction was not finalized. Although I may get paid for that day, I WASTED the time/money that could have been better spent (if a family emergency happens, I'm ill, etc...) Yes, the seller was forced to use money that he could have saved for another time.
You don't know that. Neither does anyone here including myself. You are doing alot of assuming with no proof that there was money lost. That's out of character for the "real" Deborah, wouldn't ya say? Funny how you guys zeroed in on that little snippet in my post while avoiding the rest, the obvious. How shocking.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #127
deborahbroadus
Quote:
You don't know that. Neither does anyone here including myself. You are doing alot of assuming with no proof that there was money lost. That's out of character for the "real" Deborah, wouldn't ya say? Funny how you guys zeroed in on that little snippet in my post while avoiding the rest, the obvious. How shocking.
We were talking about proof of money lost on the seller's part as pertaining to the transaction. He's within his rights, and his image is not hurt except among those that can't afford to lose money, so will use every life event as an excuse to get their money back regardless of whether or not there is a TOS... while keeping breeders/sellers jumping though hoops.

I don't have to ask the seller for proof, because regardless of how his employer set up the "free time" days...that's essentially how it works. You have to work two weeks to get some of those days back...depending on how many were wasted. It's STILL money lost.

The seller provided enough proof for me.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #128
Fangthane
Whether or not there was actually money lost from missed work, I believe, is moot. The seller can stand firmly in general principle when you consider the buyer's absolute lack of follow-through on several occasions. I just don't believe that in the absense of a concrete TOS, anarchy should ensue. Especially on a website where one only has to do a bit of reading to notice an abundance of contextual clues as to what "the norm" is concerning deposits.

At best, the buyer and those that side with him can use his family's health situation to paint a picture that makes the seller look somewhat bad, when viewed in the light of comparative morality. However, this was a business transaction between two individuals whose only relationship is within the deal itself. I don't believe business ethics and morals are even remotely synonymous, in this situation.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #129
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
We were talking about proof of money lost on the seller's part as pertaining to the transaction. He's within his rights, and his image is not hurt except among those that can't afford to lose money, so will use every life event as an excuse to get their money back regardless of whether or not there is a TOS... while keeping breeders/sellers jumping though hoops.

I don't have to ask the seller for proof, because regardless of how his employer set up the "free time" days...that's essentially how it works. You have to work two weeks to get some of those days back...depending on how many were wasted. It's STILL money lost.

The seller provided enough proof for me.
Obviously, you are interpreting my posts to suit your argument. Regardless of whether or not the OP used sick days, personal days, vacation days, or just a "I'm lying to my boss to make a snake deal" day, THERE'S NO PROOF ANY DAYS WERE TAKEN OFF! Get it? There's no proof any money was spent on the reptile's care for the weeks in question. I am simply making a point that seems to only be convenient to the cops here when it suits their egos. And for your information, I believe both involved in this thread expressed that they can't afford to loss money. Lastly, don't mistake me for taking sides here. I'm sure that is quite disappointing to the red chicklet twins.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #130
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Obviously, you are interpreting my posts to suit your argument. Regardless of whether or not the OP used sick days, personal days, vacation days, or just a "I'm lying to my boss to make a snake deal" day, THERE'S NO PROOF ANY DAYS WERE TAKEN OFF! Get it? There's no proof any money was spent on the reptile's care for the weeks in question. I am simply making a point that seems to only be convenient to the cops here when it suits their egos. And for your information, I believe both involved in this thread expressed that they can't afford to loss money. Lastly, don't mistake me for taking sides here. I'm sure that is quite disappointing to the red chicklet twins.
Interpret?? Um, Ok

I'm slow, but I eventually "get" it. Have a great day!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!