Need help dragons dieing. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #61
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
You don't look bad at all in my eyes, in fact, quite the opposite. You look like someone who loves their dragons and is doing their best to find answers as to what happened. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be trying to figure it out.
Agreed.
I know I've seen in the past where people have lost even larger numbers than you have at this point and kept it completely hush hush just because they were afraid of what it would do to their business. And in the long run it not only hurt/destroyed theirs but hurt those who ended up having whatever illness it was spread to their collections.
It's great that you're not only looking for answers but doing so out in the open on this forum. Looking for assistance and ideas from anyone here along with continuing to keep everyone updated on anything you do find out is a really great thing for anyone who may end up in your situation in the future.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #62
ace9916
I now lost a male, he wasn't housed with any dragons of mine. Besides having Tracie test for adeno and anything else they can find. I also want to check if maybe its food Related.

Does anyone know of a place i can send feeder samples to, so they can test them as well. I want cover all the bases now and just be sure of whats going on, and how they got this way. Thanks

Old 04-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #63
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
I now lost a male, he wasn't housed with any dragons of mine. Besides having Tracie test for adeno and anything else they can find. I also want to check if maybe its food Related.

Does anyone know of a place i can send feeder samples to, so they can test them as well. I want cover all the bases now and just be sure of whats going on, and how they got this way. Thanks
Oh, no. I'm so sorry. Please tell me it wasn't the boy you were telling me about yesterday. We've got our fingers crossed and are saying our prayers that it's done and you don't lose any more.

I wish I had an answer on where to send feeders. I wonder if Tracie might have some ideas?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #64
angie.h
What do you clean your cages with...bleach,etc...just wondering if it's a REMOTE possibility that there is a residue,possibly not rinsed off? I highly doubt it but....just in case? And surely no one is looking down on you for anything,as Tere said,just the opposite.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #65
frillielover17
What kind of tests do you need done on the feeders? I may have someone who can help you.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #66
ace9916
Quote:
Oh, no. I'm so sorry. Please tell me it wasn't the boy you were telling me about yesterday. We've got our fingers crossed and are saying our prayers that it's done and you don't lose any more.

I wish I had an answer on where to send feeders. I wonder if Tracie might have some ideas?

No luckily it hasn't been the big guy yet. At the moment he's still doing great eating like crazy and putting on some great weight. He jsut finished shedding and is really showing off his citus color.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #67
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by frillielover17 View Post
What kind of tests do you need done on the feeders? I may have someone who can help you.
I'm looking to see if they can test the feeders for any type of bacteria, perasites, anything really that they might be hosting and passing on to my dragons. This would be just to check if there is any possibility of being the problem or to go ahead and rule them out.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #68
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
No luckily it hasn't been the big guy yet. At the moment he's still doing great eating like crazy and putting on some great weight. He jsut finished shedding and is really showing off his citus color.
Thank God.

I PMed a friend of mine who works in a lab for humans, hoping he might have some contacts in entomology, and just emailed with Tracie, who is going to do some checking, as well.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #69
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
What do you clean your cages with...bleach,etc...just wondering if it's a REMOTE possibility that there is a residue,possibly not rinsed off? I highly doubt it but....just in case? And surely no one is looking down on you for anything,as Tere said,just the opposite.
I use bleach maybe about half a cap full to every 2 liters or so. when I spray and clean I remove the sliding glass so it has better air flow and dries quicker. In the mean time the dragons are taking a bath in their tubs. Then I go over it with a damp cloth( water) and let it dry. Usually i fan dry also with one of the lids to the tubs. Once its all dry I set the new newspaper down their bowls and then the dragons.

This was another thing i have taken into mind but having lost so many in different enclosures my odds would have to be really high to say its from poison. But i have considered using other methods. I was readding the other day how some use lemon juice, vinegar and other products and have been looking into changing over.

P.S. Sorry if my spelling is off a little I'm at working and doing this at the same time.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #70
ace9916
Quote:
Thank God.

I PMed a friend of mine who works in a lab for humans, hoping he might have some contacts in entomology, and just emailed with Tracie, who is going to do some checking, as well.

Thank YOU

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!