Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #181
deborahbroadus
Unfortunately, I have to agree. If it had been me, I would have gotten the issue handled and simply never brought from this person again because the question of where the parasites came from would be in the back of my mind.

But thanks for posting, I have brought from numerous people that I trust, and had random samplings taken, only one of my BPs had internal parasites, but she was a rescue given to me that was found wandering.

If I now do a sampling and find parasites (I also breed my own rats) I would have to have it taken care of by the vet because I have had the animals for too long.

BUT...I understand completely what you are saying..if the infestation came from your rat colony the rest of them should be infected too. I think a lot of readers are like me, we read, learn, we don't often post...but oh... we DO learn.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #182
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmxc
He's taking time to plan a response. I believe that is what he has done in the past when questioned about something. He doesn't want to jump in and let something slip that will give him away, as happens with others on here. He may be a reseller with less then honest business practices but he's not a complete moron. After all, he has done quite well convincing casual hobbyist that he hatches all of his own animals instead of buying them wholesale and mixing them in with his own breeders, imports, what have you. It's all planned out, as will be his response....when he can think of it.

K. Banks
Actually....his customary tactic at this point is more often to completely avoid the questions asked....pretend none of it exists. Other than that, I would agree with your post.

I purchased a couple of animals from Ed awhile back, before knowing a lot of the things I know now about him. I honestly was pleased with the animals, and they have done fine for me, and NO, I did not have them tested for parasites when they came in. I do not test everything new that comes in unless I have an issue with them, but maintain a good period of quarantine.

I think at this point, however, it is time for my periodic random fecals to get a lot less random.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #183
fish21
what was the date that the buyer recived these animals. exactly how long ago was this???????????

Old 09-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #184
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish21
what was the date that the buyer recived these animals. exactly how long ago was this???????????
First line of the first post.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #185
cookreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison
I have been following this thread and after seeing the vet reports posted, I do have a question -- is Panacur a cure-all for all parasites? Or just those 3 that were discovered? I thought that tapeworms required a separate treatment?
The Panacur is for the tapeworms and strongyloides. I was given Albon for the coccidia.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #186
fish21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
First line of the first post.

that is because i was wondering if this is the same story i herd about around a year ago or a new case

Old 09-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #187
cookreptiles
this is a new case with dates documented in this thread.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #188
cookreptiles
Have their been other reported cases of snakes with parasites coming from Ed?

Old 09-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #189
rabernet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish21
that is because i was wondering if this is the same story i herd about around a year ago or a new case
Matt, are you saying that you know of another case where someone received ball pythons from Ed that had an internal parasite load? Or are you confusing the mite situation with this one?

Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #190
FREAKIE_FROG
At what point can a breeder wash their hands of an animal they sell or trade for.
If you represent your animals as being quality then they are quality from day one. The idea is that a parasite infestation that can hide for a year or more can't be narrowed down to a date that the animals acquired them.

The questions was posed what if this had been Ralph or some others. If you call Ralph Davis and tell him that an animal you got and gave proper QT time now shows a parasite infection that your vet say could have been there for up to a year or more. I'd bet my collection most breeders would give their right arm to make it right. Even if they weren't at fault the possibility should still be enough to spur some action.

Emily appears to be just one of a long line of dissatisfied customers. Yes there are some that have dealt with Ed Clark and not had any problems. Emily thought she was one also. But the fact remains that the lack of action seems all to familiar of other issues that have come to a head else where.

Just my two cents

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!