JeffB apparently doesn't like me having KINGSNAKES.COM... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2003, 06:09 PM   #11
JungleHabitats
Talking hmm my thoughts ...

I think we need to start a fund for all the REAL Kingsnakes on this earth for a legal defence, maybe we can hire the "Dream Team" to win a class action lawsuit that would make Jeff B have to pay damages to all kingsnakes now and in the future for reprisals. So i think that every reptile owner with a Kingsnake should sue Jeff for copyright violation of there common names.Hmm with that said i just might go buy me a kingsnake now and make a website for him

Old 11-24-2003, 06:23 PM   #12
colubridman88
Alan LOL

After a long conversation with my group of cali kings, we agree that Jeff has indeed violated copyright laws.
Jesse Smith

Old 11-24-2003, 06:46 PM   #13
Sasheena
I was once in a hurry...

I typed in kingsnakes.com instead of kingsnake.com and got Fauna. Now, if i hadn't already KNOWN about Fauna, I would have thought "hey cool, another website about snakes", bookmarked it, then gone on to kingsnake. I mean, COME ON, they don't look ANYTHING alike.... Kingsnake.com looks like a junior version of Yahoo, and Fauna is my FAVORITE color: Green. I mean, Yahoo... Green.... Yahoo... Green.... No contest!

So JeffB's big complaint is that the MORONS of the universe must be protected.

Ah well, I look forward to hearing the outcome on this one.

Oh, and my Kingsnakes all agree, www.kingsnake.com AND www.kingsnakes.com belong to them. So fork it over Rich, Jeff...

Old 11-24-2003, 07:35 PM   #14
Larry67
Lightbulb Not so fast

Ok so Coca Cola buys Pepsicolas.com and has it redirected back to Cocacola.com. Ummm thats not cool and IS not legal!

Sorry had it went to something else and not competing site it would be ok, but what has happened here is not ok and he did whats within his rights. Unpopular opinion here, but the truth.
It should have never happened.

Perfect example as to why he has a great case was from a prior post:

"I typed in kingsnakes.com instead of kingsnake.com and got Fauna".

I guess she didnt know how to book mark a site either?
Or maybe she has finger isses as described by the webslave.
Either way its a perfect example as to why it is not proper or legal. If you leave the forward on you will lose hands down.
Remove the forward and its yours to sell or keep. No one has a right to take it from you, but you have to use it appropriately and legally.

Larry Johnson

Old 11-24-2003, 07:48 PM   #15
Roger Jolly
So let me see.

Jeffie is claiming that the knuckleheads of the internet world are going to type in k-i-n-g-s-n-a-k-e-s-.-c-o-m by accident and get thrown into a tizzy when they wind up on FaunaClassifieds.com. My word! They won't know what to do!! They will likely just go ahead and buy advertising here, or somehow believe they are actually at kingsnake.com and be none the wiser. How will they ever be able to figure out the difference, Jeffie? I mean these two sites are so similar looking that it probably would really take a rocket scientist to be able to figure out they went to the wrong website!

Just how many websites are there out there that have the word "snake" in them? How many websites are offering the same sort of services? How long was kingsnakes.com available after Jeffie got kingsnake.com and he never thought to get it? Do you really think you have an indisputable right to every website that even come close to being similar to yours?

Say, didn't Webslave say that he got that domain name in trade for an outstanding debt? Jeffie, be careful you don't get your arse in a sling by causing financial damages here. I think this would be easily proven in court that your personal vendetta has caused financial damages. All it would take is for someone to bid up that auction on the name and those damages could be substantial. An actual documented and verifiable financial loss could be proven. Far, far from what you would have on your side of the table. All you have is one clown (Steve Schindler) that said he typed in the name wrong and had his head explode over it.

Jeffie, did you even politely ask Webslave to remove the link before going storming to your nepotistic attorney? Did you slam your fist on the desk and demand he DO SOMETHING??? Is he afraid to tell you that you are being a jerk and losing his job as well???

You better put your brain in gear, honey, before that temper, ego, and napoleon complex gets you into big trouble.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:00 PM   #16
Roger Jolly
Ah, HI Larry. First time here?

What exactly is the product that these "competing" sites are selling? The only thing that anyone pays money for at this site are the banner ads. And they are mostly a donation anyway by supporters of the site. Go ahead, ask any of them about it. This site doesn't "sell" anything, and is not even really a commercial site at all. From what I can see, this site was never even expected to make any money at all for Webslave, and is mostly a public service. All he is trying to do is to get it to break even for him so it is not a drain on his wallet. So there is no incentive, other than a "few belly laughs" considered in that domain name. My belief is that just the chuckles alone of someone clicking on kingsnakes.com and getting a laugh out of being taken to faunaclassifieds.com was the goal of the link jump. Most people know of both sites already and would find the humor in such a thing.

Perhaps the people leaving Jeffies site from getting tired of the bs over there is finally beginning to sting. It was not this site that made that happen. But I am sure that Jeffie wishes they had no other place to go to.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:07 PM   #17
HerpVenue
1. Kingsnakes.com ws bought by someone else in 1998.
2. Why he chose to do something about it now is beyond me.
3. Rich did not acquire the name until 2003
4. Steve has been a member here since 02-13-2002
5. Steve did not find this site because of the typo. He has known about this site way before Webslave got it.
6. I wonder if the whitehouse.gov can sue the owner of whitehouse.com ?
7. Rich has had that name for months.
8. Now Jeff is gonna sue because Rich is selling (auctioning) off the site name?

What gives?

I wonder if Redtailboas.com is going to sue Redtailboa.net
I wonder if Pythons.com is going to sue Python.com
Iwonder if I should buy boas.com or if the owner of boa.com might sue me.
I wonder if I can buy snake.com and snakes.com and sue myself.

My point? Dude move on with life.
Life is too short for all this bickering.
Death is only a heart beat away.
Go out there and do some good in the world.
Go and make your self a better person. (That is what I am trying to do)

Old 11-24-2003, 08:30 PM   #18
Larry67
Lightbulb Follow up

Sorry about the typos and mispelled wording.

Roger, you said the following:

"Jeffie is claiming that the knuckleheads of the internet world are going to type in k-i-n-g-s-n-a-k-e-s-.-c-o-m by accident "

Would this apply to Sasheena who did infact do this?
So in your own words your saying that she is a "Knucklehead"
Is this correct? Please advise me on this (and maybe her too).

Ritchie:

Jeff is not suing anyone.

Glad to see the redirect has now been corrected.
The site belongs to the webslave and anything he wants to do within the law he can/should do.

Not sure if this site turns a profit, but the profitability does not really matter. The forward to a competing site was not legal and had the webslave left it he would have lost his site and thats why the forward was removed.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #19
PAUL BOLLINGER
Does this mean that......

Kingsnaked.com
Kingsnaking.com
Kingsnaker.com
Kingsnakelike.com
Kingsnake.net
Kingsnake.org
Kingsnaky.com

Does this mean that all of these names are out of the question?
What a little baby! Way to turn the screws Webslave! LOL.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:44 PM   #20
Larry67
Lightbulb Paul

If Kingsnake.net was forwarded to a competing site and owned by that competing site (Profitable or not) then yes there would be an issue. There is also an ethical issue at hand.

Kingsnake.net for instance is not so there is no issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!