Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #141
Snakemanbonk
I didn't make the BOI thread I was called out so that's why i'm here. It's not about the money no money was ever exchange. All my animals are healthy and clean. You all can keep the drama and CSI investigation going. I don't have time for ball python politics it's all ready enough drama in this hobby

Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #142
Discojaguar
I can bet there'd be plenty of Dollars selling off the offspring of that BP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakemanbonk View Post
I didn't make the BOI thread I was called out so that's why i'm here. It's not about the money no money was ever exchange. All my animals are healthy and clean. You all can keep the drama and CSI investigation going. I don't have time for ball python politics it's all ready enough drama in this hobby

Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #143
DesertRat73
Quote:
I didn't make the BOI thread I was called out so that's why i'm here.
You were going to but got beaten to the punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
To: Xavier Springer <xavier.springer@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Auto 2

That ain't what we agreed on. When I talk to you the 2 Weeks ago. If shipping stress killed then then how come the snakes i shipped you ain't dead then? They are babies and we didn't ship overnight it was in a few hours. You need to do what's right I did my part. if I sent you a snake and died less then two weeks I would replaced it. I don't want to go public with this and tell people you have sick snakes but i'm going to have to if you don't make a decision by 10 am tomorrow

Quote:
It's not about the money no money was ever exchange.
So we are to believe you were breeding these snakes to what... donate to charity??!! You are breeding to make money. You are using haphazard practices to cut corners and increase your profit margin. This loss is a simple cost of doing the kind of business you are engaged in. You want to act professional and pump out the morphs with little regard for the animals? Then act like a "professional" and write off the loss.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #144
Fangthane
So your defense is that since he didn't try to talk you out of breeding it right away, that means he practices poor husbandry and played some part in the Potion's death? He ASKED if you intended to breed it right away, since I'm guessing he had some reason to assume that that was your intention. He didn't TELL you to do it. It's his responsibility to tell you how to handle your own collection? He fulfilled his part of the bargain by supplying a live, ostensibly healthy snake that you were happy with upon receipt. Beyond that, it's not his place to dictate how you choose to treat the animal.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #145
Kevin S
since I'm guessing he had some reason to assume that that was your intention.....Then Xavier misrepresented the snake when it was posted for sale as a breeder. So everyone here still only keep ball pythons to look at, Is it a crime to have your hobby pay for itself? I think not. And to take it as a loss, you have to ask yourself would you....

Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #146
TripleMoonsExotic
Glaring question since I haven't seen it touched on...

It is unfortunate the animal died, but you did pair it with two females over a period of 10 days. I understand being upset by the loss, but you are benefiting from the purchase irregardless of the snake's death. I think it's unfair of you expect a full return of the snakes you submitted for the trade when you very likely could produce two clutches from that male.

Ultimately, it's a sucky situation. I don't believe in the least that Xavier knew the snake had internal ulcers and I don't think he should be held accountable for that. We are dealing with live animals and it happens. However me, I would offer the other party something to compensate for the unfortunate situation if only as a show of good faith to a customer.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #147
Boa_Morphs82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
since I'm guessing he had some reason to assume that that was your intention.....Then Xavier misrepresented the snake when it was posted for sale as a breeder. So everyone here still only keep ball pythons to look at, Is it a crime to have your hobby pay for itself? I think not. And to take it as a loss, you have to ask yourself would you....
If I made the foolish mistake to bypass quarantine procedure and immediately place a stressed out animal with larger animals and stress it out more and it perished as a result, even if it happened 24 hours later. Yes, I would take it as a loss because of my own stupidity. Luckily I dont practice hap hazard husbandry.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #148
Boa_Morphs82
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Glaring question since I haven't seen it touched on...

It is unfortunate the animal died, but you did pair it with two females over a period of 10 days. I understand being upset by the loss, but you are benefiting from the purchase irregardless of the snake's death. I think it's unfair of you expect a full return of the snakes you submitted for the trade when you very likely could produce two clutches from that male.

Ultimately, it's a sucky situation. I don't believe in the least that Xavier knew the snake had internal ulcers and I don't think he should be held accountable for that. We are dealing with live animals and it happens. However me, I would offer the other party something to compensate for the unfortunate situation if only as a show of good faith to a customer.
I do agree with your last paragraph, I personally would offer some sort of compensation, even though I do not believe it to be mandatory in this situation.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #149
DesertRat73
Quote:
Is it a crime to have your hobby pay for itself? I think not.
Nobody here suggested that, not even remotely.

Quote:
And to take it as a loss, you have to ask yourself(BEFORE YOU ENTER A TRADE) would you....
Fixed that for you.^^^

Old 05-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #150
Fangthane
Quote:
Beyond these comments, I'm not going to waste any more time on someone who's not willing/able to be rational or logical.

If the Potion was actively breeding females while in Xavier's collection, then it's not even remotely misrepresenting it to call it a "breeder". Pretty basic stuff, there.

It's not THAT Brandon/Tom chose to breed it, it's WHEN, that is the crux of this issue. If they had practiced quarantine procedures, or even provided a reasonable acclimation period, the situation would likely be very different at this point. If they had followed sensible protocols, and the Potion still died, they might have had a leg to stand on, in demanding reimbursement.

However, they did not do this. As it stands, they chose a course of action that shows a blatant disregard for the Potion's well-being, as well as for their entire collection. If you're willing to take such reckless risks, you damn well better be willing to accept responsibility for the consequences, when they backfire in your face.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!