ED Clark (BAD GUY!!) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:32 AM   #71
Otter_23
The more I compare the pics the more I am 100% sure they are in no way the same gecko. One is a flame and one is more a harley.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:42 AM   #72
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by compoundB
You didn't even take the time to look at the pictures were all discussing.
They were right in front of you.
Should i hand feed them to you?
Yo John. You did great by adding your full name to your signature line, but please take it to PM if you want to continue arguing with Griz.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:49 AM   #73
Dennis Hultman
Bill_Leverton

Hey Bill

Bill_Leverton

Frank Majeski

Old 07-11-2008, 01:51 AM   #74
Dennis Hultman
Good Bye Bill!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:57 AM   #75
WingedWolf
I just gave them a comparison check...don't look at the colors, look at the patterns. The two photos of the female have the same pattern on their back and tail. Those patterns must be pretty unique, so I'm going to say I think it's the same female. Even I know cresteds change colors in different conditions and moods. I don't know what Ed Clark might have done in the past, but he sold me a beautiful Mojo ball python last year before I read all of that, and the snake's doing fine. In fact, he's just had an annual vet checkup, and will have a fecal done as soon as he produces a sample for me (just doing the annual random pick from the collection for testing).

Old 07-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #76
Otter_23
Donna look at the females again. First off you can't see enough of the tails to really compare them. Second there is way more yellowish/cream in Ed's female pic than in the OP's pic of the female. Specifically look at the head. I have never seen a crested that is not fired up lose the yellowish cream on it's head or dorsal, it may be lighter but it is still evident.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 AM   #77
Otter_23
The neck area and the head of Ed's photo are filled in where there is big holes of color in the OP's photo. Like I said that doesn't disappear. Oh and Go Cornhuskers.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #78
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Bill_Leverton

Hey Bill

Bill_Leverton

Frank Majeski
Now it makes sense! DEAD BEAT BILL. BILL "BOX HOLE BOA" LEVERTON.

I thought he was dying or something to that effect from last I heard. Or maybe I was just reflecting what I wished would happen to him.

Anyway....thanks Dennis! Back on track.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #79
gant77
To the untrained eye those 2 pics do look like 2 different Geckos, can the cram portion of patterning change "shape" as it appears to do in the pics? One girl has huge areas of cream while the other doesn't have as much. They are beautiful none the less. Very fragile looking!

Old 07-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #80
Jaybee
I've been keeping cream-backed cresties for only two years, but I am 99% sure that the cream markings (as seen on the sides of the gecko) do not just go away, and small areas of cream dorsal areas do not just go missing.

Yes, the gecko's main body may go from red to brown. Or from olive to black. Or from yellow to tan. But those cream markings are a "stuck" pattern that don't change (or at least, do not disappear) once the gecko reaches adulthood. I have a cream female who has a skull-shaped pattern on her back and it never changes; it doesn't lessen, it doesn't get brighter, bits of it don't disappear, and it doesn't darken, whether the non-cream skin around it is fired up or not.

Cresties may gain more cream as they age from hatch to adulthood, but you more than likely will not see changes in the cream after that, especially over a matter of a couple of months.

To those of you who are still doubtful, if the extreme difference in the side markings are not enough proof, please look again at the photos in the area marked with a blue arrow. There is a notch missing from the area on the top gecko that is not missing from the original photo. In my experience, areas of cream do not just get up and walk away. Short of being scarred off in a fight or something, that notch should be in both pictures.

WingedWolf: That _type_ of pattern, broken pinstriping, is pretty common now that pinstriping is so hot with cresties. Pinstripe parents kick out imperfect pinstripes and they are generally sold for less than a full pinner. It is not terribly unique anymore. They do look similar. Not the same.

I cannot say whether Ed accidentally sent the wrong gecko or did it on purpose, or if the OP is trying to pull something funny. But those pics are not of the same gecko. The male seems to be the same, no question. The female is not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark