Bad Guy Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business) !! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:53 AM   #1
bobbyleigh
Exclamation Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business) !!

Ms. Beth Butterworth E Mail address: betharoo122@yahoo.com> Took payment from me on
10-27-15 For a "Vision V-70 5 Rack set-up" through my paypal account, The very next day, she re-posted this ad. Upon noticing that she had re-posted the ad (after receiving payment), I phoned her up later that afternoon(on the evening of the 28th) and confronted her on it, She claimed that Fauna was responsible for the re-post, and that she had nothing to do with it. I perceive this to be UNTRUE! I noticed that somebody else living closer to her expressed interest in buying the unit. She promised me that she would remove the post, and not to worry she would be shipping my PAYED FOR unit the very next day, ( ON THE 29TH). The very next day went by without her contacting me with shipping details as promised. That evening she "RENEGED" (After taking my payment) and said she would not ship the unit because it costed to much to ship! I contacted Vision products
myself and asked them what it costs to ship this product, and found out that she out- right "LIED" to me concerning shipping costs. I believe that she decided to Screw me (after taking my payment) and sell this unit to someone else, for a better profit! Had this not been her plan, she would have re-posted the unit, and specified either a different "Higher" price, or no shipping at all. THIS PERSON IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!! She works with ball pythons, so she has told me, so, if you see her posting, BUYER BEWARE!! She might try and SCAM YOU TOO!! I sincerely hope that the moderators for this website consider giving her the AX and exit her from ever using this web site again! People like this are"BAD FOR BUSINESS" !!!

Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
juliasara
Have you notified her of this thread?

Old 10-31-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
bobbyleigh
You Bet!

Old 10-31-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
juliasara
Was any of your contact with her through emails or text? If so posting screen shots of them would be helpful. Has she returned the money you sent for the rack?

Old 10-31-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyleigh View Post
(After taking my payment) and said she would not ship the unit because it costed to much to ship! I contacted Vision products
myself and asked them what it costs to ship this product, and found out that she out- right "LIED" to me concerning shipping costs.

Has she refunded you your payment? If not, start a claim with Paypal.
As far as shipping costs, she actually may be right. Very large companies get substantial breaks on shipping costs, so the same identical item may have vastly different shipping costs depending on who ships it.

Whether she did make a better deal with someone else, there is not enough info to tell.
Hopefully she will post her side.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
Lucille
Trader Rating: (0) [Rate This User!]
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 10-31-2015 11:09 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Beth Butterworth (Scammer/bad for business)

She is here, so hopefully will offer an explanation of what happened from her point of view.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #7
juliasara
She's currently viewing the thread. I hope she responds with her side. If she could post some prood of the shipping quote she got that would be helpful.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
bobbyleigh
Yes she did refund my money, however I will post copies of our email exchanges and her ad that she posted, showing what she was asking for the unit "shipped".
1. It is the sellers responsibility to inform the buyer of total cost of item/s shipped "before" receiving payment.
2. If the seller is not sure of shipping costs, the buyer should be informed "before" payment is sent.
3. After payment is sent, the deal should be "CLOSED".
4. Re-posting your ad after payment has been made, should be illegal. (I have proof that the ad was re-posted because I saved it to my desktop, along with someone else response to the ad for interest in purchasing this unit.)
5. People should be held accountable for their "unprofessional" actions.
I would never even consider posting an ad with a "price set shipped", receiving payment from a buyer, and then give the buyer a shipping date, only to re-post an the very same ad, and then renege on the whole deal all together. In my opinion, people that do this should not be allowed to post items for sale, on any reputable website.
Best Regards,
Robert

Old 10-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #9
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyleigh View Post
Yes she did refund my money
I understand your upset, but the important thing is you got your money back and didn't get a loss. Do I agree with what she did? No. But at the same time, I think a Bad Guy thread may have not been the best choice. I would have done an info thread instead to inform people of her business practices. A true scammer wouldn't have given you your money back within a day or so.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:38 PM   #10
bobbyleigh
I appreciate your input, However, A refund does not include my time spent involved in dealing with this transaction, (Whats your time worth to you?) or tying up my hard earned money for days. Let alone, making other arrangements to complete this deal. Robert

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!