Bullsnake questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
hhmoore
Bullsnake questions

Well, I pretty much knew this would happen, lol. I decided not to get rid of my colubrids (living alone again, I'm not concerned about how far into the living space the collection crawls). As such, I just made plans to acquire a few more young adult bulls. I have been doing some looking to find information on the combo morphs, but really haven't found anything I am sure I trust (read: nonspecific and/or conflicting information). Does anybody know of a site that details the various bull morphs, including the recipe for creating them? Or, if somebody is willing/able to outline them for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how many females will the average male breed when the season rolls around - pretty much just wondering if I should get another male now, so he can be quarantined/brumated/ready to go in the spring. Do you rotate the male from female to female, or set up small breeding groups?

As of now, I have 0.2 normals, 1.0 hypo, 0.1 hypo 66% het amel (at least I think it was amel...I'll have to check the records to be sure. Het something or other, anyway, lol). I will be receiving 1.0 snow, 0.1 amel, and 0.1 something else. Gotta build a new rack just for these guys - will probably use the 74 qt sterilites (44"L x 19 3/4"W x 6 3/8"H) since bulls are pretty active. Of course, I could just break down and make some real cages again & give them a little more height (I think that size Sterilite offers enough floor space)

Old 11-02-2006, 03:10 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Well, I pretty much knew this would happen, lol. I decided not to get rid of my colubrids (living alone again, I'm not concerned about how far into the living space the collection crawls). As such, I just made plans to acquire a few more young adult bulls. I have been doing some looking to find information on the combo morphs, but really haven't found anything I am sure I trust (read: nonspecific and/or conflicting information). Does anybody know of a site that details the various bull morphs, including the recipe for creating them? Or, if somebody is willing/able to outline them for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how many females will the average male breed when the season rolls around - pretty much just wondering if I should get another male now, so he can be quarantined/brumated/ready to go in the spring. Do you rotate the male from female to female, or set up small breeding groups?

As of now, I am I have 0.2 normals, 1.0 hypo, 0.1 hypo 66% het amel (at least I think it was amel...I'll have to check the records to be sure. Het something or other, anyway, lol). I will be receiving 1.0 snow, 0.1 amel, and 0.1 something else. Gotta build a new rack just for these guys - will probably use the 74 qt sterilites (44"L x 19 3/4"W x 6 3/8"H) since bulls are pretty active. Of course, I could just break down and make some real cages again & give them a little more height (I think that size Sterilite offers enough floor space)

Im glad youre not getting rid of them Harald... i want to get more from you since the gal i got is seriously wonderful.

I REALLY want you to go with White sideds, since, of course id get another from you in a heartbeat. ^_- i hope more can help you on this topic, since youre certainly one id buy from again!

:P im just crazy, and have had a bit much to drink tonight. so ignore this post!!!!! LOL

Old 11-02-2006, 04:55 AM   #3
hhmoore
LOL - I have seen a couple of white-sideds & decided that I like them. As a matter of fact, I almost bought one yesterday (I'll shoot you an email with THAT story). I really kind of need to figure out what makes what, though, before I make any more purchases. The White Plains show is coming up later this month and I took the weekend off (read: I can go shopping, lol), though I don't know how lucky I will be with finding what I am looking for...which is now different than I would have been looking for 2 weeks ago - I'm worse than a kid in a candy shop.
For a variety of reasons, I can see me keeping bulls over any other colubrids (just what I need, another sub-addiction).
I might not have white sideds available for you in 07, but I should definitely have some nice bulls in a variety of colors. Guess I will have to break down and take some more pics to whet your appetite (Kristi's & Jack's, too )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!