Bad Guy Philip Steele "steeledog75@hotmail.com" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Big Time Reptiles
Philip Steele "steeledog75@hotmail.com"

Will call and question you until hell freezes over for days, and how long he's been searching for, in this case Aldabras I have for sale, he wants photos, other info, the list goes on, and then "his life story". Then when the day comes for him to send the tracking # for the payment, he disappears.

From my understanding he also did this to a breeder of spider tortoises, in the north west, hopefully he'll chime in.

He'll call from 310-272-0758 if for any reason you call him, voice mail says, Good Afternoon, thank you for calling Steele Global Real Estate.

Total waste of time, and energy..

Just a heads up, Don't waste your time, Total DEAD BEAT!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
Timathy
I exchanged several emails with this individual. Each one had something odd about it. Something just didn’t sit right with me and so I opted to not pursue doing business with him. I sent the highlighted email to him, and well you can see his reply. Not someone I would ever recommend doing business with to anyone. I am certainly glad I followed my gut on this one.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathy View Post
I exchanged several emails with this individual. Each one had something odd about it. Something just didn’t sit right with me and so I opted to not pursue doing business with him. I sent the highlighted email to him, and well you can see his reply. Not someone I would ever recommend doing business with to anyone. I am certainly glad I followed my gut on this one.

Tim,
Thanks for coming forward with your experience with that piece of work.

I love this "Odd tortoises treated like royalty"

Some of these people, literally leave me scratching my head....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-20-2018, 11:42 PM   #4
elena
It would be helpful if the individuals that have dealt with Mr. Steele could post the emails that set off the red flags in the first place. I, for one, would like to know what to watch out for should Mr. Steele adopt a different name.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:47 AM   #5
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
It would be helpful if the individuals that have dealt with Mr. Steele could post the emails that set off the red flags in the first place. I, for one, would like to know what to watch out for should Mr. Steele adopt a different name.

On Oct 15, 2018, at 6:45 PM, philip steele <steeledog75@hotmail.com> wrote:

YES SIR LYNN, I am buying the 7 incher, I will call you tmrw.

That's very kind of you to call him Mr.

99% of our deal was phone conversations. That's how 100% of my business is conducted.

The only email I received from him, was him telling that he would buy my tortoise, and he would call tomorrow.

Wish I could help you, but unless you raise tortoises, very doubtful you'll hear from him, although stranger things have happened.....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-21-2018, 01:19 AM   #6
elena
Gotcha. Thanks for responding.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:21 AM   #7
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
They, Lynn and Tim, have already posted enough to warn potential sellers. Red flags are there in the email to Tim, IMO. If that individual should decide to create fake accounts using different names and attempt the same rhetoric, I am certain the BOI detectives will expose that person

Thanks Lynn and you especially Tim.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:34 AM   #8
Robert Walker
FYI: I left a message on his account notifying him of this thread.
GodsSteeleTortoise

Old 10-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #9
BobO'Booey
Obviously remedial English was too much for this guy, perhaps a few more rides on the short bus back in the day would have benefited him greatly. How do so many people get a failing grade in a class that is based on their own language?

Old 10-21-2018, 03:59 PM   #10
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Booey View Post
Obviously remedial English was too much for this guy, perhaps a few more rides on the short bus back in the day would have benefited him greatly. How do so many people get a failing grade in a class that is based on their own language?
I fail to understand how a slur directed at the cognitively disabled serves to advance the discussion in this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!