Rich Zuchowski (aka WebSlave) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-16-2003, 07:09 PM   #1
WebSlave
Rich Zuchowski (aka WebSlave)

Heck, not much to tell when I think about it. The photo is of me and my better half (Connie) taken at one of the shows we did in 2002. Sorry about the quality (the photo, not us!), but it was extracted from a larger photo.

We're presently living in North Florida right below Tallahassee. Moved here from the Republik of Maryland in 1991.

Right now I don't have any hobbies other than the websites I maintain and my reptile business (SerpenCo). But if I had any spare time, it would probably be used playing around with my guns and spending more time with my photography. Used to like walking along the beach, but that's another one of those things that time has pushed to the wayside.

Currently I am working only with corn snakes and Connie is taking care of the leopard geckos (plus the 1001 other things she has taken on to keep my business running while I putter around on the computers).

Boring, isn't it? If I can think of anything exciting about my life that I have forgotten, I'll edit it into here.

added on 03/17/03 03:20 am

Man, that WebSlave guy doesn't know ANYTHING about me!

How about some work history?

Started working with computers arount 1975 or so. Whenever it was that the first issue of Byte magazine was published, or a little before. Matter of fact, I believe I have the complete set of Byte magazine. Maybe missing one or two issues that the post office mangled beyond salvaging.

Anyway started out putting together the system boxes and then soon went into component level repair of the cpu and interface cards as well as peripherals. Then around 1981 or so did field service repair of mini computer systems. Started doing programming around 1988 or so and continued in that vein when we moved to Florida in 1991 and I went to work for the Florida Legislature. Up until October of 2002 I worked at Florida Game & Fish (which became Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission) doing programming as well. During that October, my telecommuting job was coming to an end with them, so I decided to leave state government and foolishly venture into breeding corn snakes full time.

Prior to that I was a full time keyboardist in some local bands in Maryland. Matter of fact, it was my having to fix my Moog Synthesizer that originally got me interested in electronics and from there into computers.

Connie and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in January of 2003. Proof positive of one of the best decisions I have ever made 25 years ago.

Let's see, in the early to mid 70s, I was into high performance racing machines. But after spinning bearings and completely rebuilding my engine for the fourth time myself, that got old.

Started breeding corn snakes around 1978 and SerpenCo was born in 1985. In 2002 I produced nearly 5,000 baby corn snakes, and 2003 looks like it is going to be just as bad.

I guess that's enough for now........

Rich Z.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2003, 11:37 PM   #2
Glenn Bartley
Nice to see the face that goes with the title of WebSlave! I can say without a doubt that your better half is a lot prettier than you, but that is usually the case - isn't it! I know mine sure is a whole lot prettier than me on my best day. Interesting bio too. Keep up the great work! Thanks for a great site.

Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 03-24-2003, 11:43 PM   #3
Stardust
Pleased to meet you and your wife Connie.
This is a good idea, hope more post here. It is nice to put a face to who you are seeing here or writing to.

Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 AM   #4
Darin Chappell
Happy birthday, Rich!

Old 07-22-2003, 01:03 AM   #5
Darin Chappell
Man! Two minutes LATE!!

Old 07-22-2003, 03:47 AM   #6
WebSlave
Heck Darin. I'll just do what my wife does. I'll just call July my birthday month!

I'll have to post a photo of what I bought myself as a birthday present weekend before last.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!