What's the longest? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
BalloonzForU
What's the longest?

I have a clutch that was laid 1/31/06, that still looks yellow inside. But otherwise it still looks good, no denting, no mold, and no smell. My questions is, what is the longest it has taken for an egg to show pink or signs of veins? I'm not going to throw it out till it starts to smell, but I was just wondering what some others have waited to see some sign of life.

Now that I've made this gecko related I'd like to add a little something off topic. My son's school just started their annual Jump Rope For Heart, there is a link in my signature for more information on donating to The American Heart Association. Thank you!

Old 02-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
Felicia, I have had eggs go the entire incubation period (65 + days) and never hatch... only to reveal that they were never fertile in the first place!

Old 02-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Felicia, I have had eggs go the entire incubation period (65 + days) and never hatch... only to reveal that they were never fertile in the first place!

Marcia, I think I've seen you mention that before, but what the longest time you've noticed for an egg to show veins or pink, that was fertile?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
Golden Gate Geckos
To be honest, I usually don't candle my eggs once I put them in the incubator, unless they show signs of failing or are overdue to hatch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!