Bad Guy Underground Reptiles Stay away!! - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #171
Robert Walker
There are bad apples in every group of society, some times really bad. I would hope that others would be able to distinguish the difference and only criticize the individual for his/her actions versus clumping them into the group.

This not only applies to religion (since this is the example), but also to us as herpers. Though there is a bonehead somewhere who lets his 16' retic sleep in his kid's bed at night, the rest of us sure would hate to be associated with him or judged by his actions.

For me religion is no different. A bad member of a faith or bad "preacher" doesn't necessarily mean the group is bad, it just means the individual is bad. You can always find an idiot in any group if you look long enough.

The Judge Judy video if anything was a great lesson on "verbal" contracts don't mean a thing and never assume anything.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #172
Walter1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
There are bad apples in every group of society, some times really bad. I would hope that others would be able to distinguish the difference and only criticize the individual for his/her actions versus clumping them into the group.

This not only applies to religion (since this is the example), but also to us as herpers. Though there is a bonehead somewhere who lets his 16' retic sleep in his kid's bed at night, the rest of us sure would hate to be associated with him or judged by his actions.

For me religion is no different. A bad member of a faith or bad "preacher" doesn't necessarily mean the group is bad, it just means the individual is bad. You can always find an idiot in any group if you look long enough.

The Judge Judy video if anything was a great lesson on "verbal" contracts don't mean a thing and never assume anything.
All above true.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #173
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
There are bad apples in every group of society, some times really bad. I would hope that others would be able to distinguish the difference and only criticize the individual for his/her actions versus clumping them into the group <snip>
Absolutely. Great post.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #174
mfasano
To get back on the subject of this thread......
Underground Reptiles sent me 2 fat and healthy looking female geckos.
As I only asked for replacement on the one that was male, they went above what I asked for.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #175
Jay Sommers Reptiles
good to hear. Too bad it took an 18 page thread to fix a problem so miniscule

Old 10-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #176
Lucille
I think what is important is what its yet to come. They did go above and beyond with the geckoes. Maybe they are becoming more responsive. As I said, time will tell and hopefully, there won't be any more bad guy threads for them.
I'm going to wait and see.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #177
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfasano View Post
To get back on the subject of this thread......
Underground Reptiles sent me 2 fat and healthy looking female geckos.
As I only asked for replacement on the one that was male, they went above what I asked for.
Good luck with the 2 new girls, hope they both thrive for you!

Old 10-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #178
tribalgolem
I have recently bought a pair of Abronia from them the male has just past away today................

Old 10-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #179
tribalgolem
I am sooooo sooooo upset. I wish sometimes I could see this thread beforehand. First time shipping reptiles probably the last.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #180
smithkbk
Ray, don't let one bad experience stop you, there are a lot of great breeders out there. You just have to do your research on the BOI. With all the bad ink I wonder how Underground stays in business. You can make money off a customer for life, but you only get to cheat them once!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!