gravid? please help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #1
travisjara
Lightbulb gravid? please help

This is my female leopard gecko her belly looks like it has eggs in it but its been about three weeks from when i thought I saw eggs and she hasnt laid . so tell me if you think she looks gravid or not. Also she has seem to quit eating its been a couple of days but no real digging in her humidity hide so she has all the signs but no eggs yet and its starting to breach 4 weeks since i noticed. Not sure when she mated because i work at a local pet store and she was with a large male for about 2 weeks there but when i took her home my smaller tangerine male breed her but i noticed what i thought to be eggs a few days later anyways any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks, travis

Old 06-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
She is gravid, but looks to be rather small/thin to be breeding and egging. If she has stopped eating, make sure she has a humid hide area that is appropriate for laying her eggs.... and when she does, feed her every day and include plenty of calcium, and keep her housed separately from any males until she has a chance to gain some weight.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
travisjara
she is 60 grams i noticed her tail sliming down over the past week she is separate from the others and she has a constant supply of repti-cal at all times and she eats meal worms and crickets. I have heard that some will quit eating up to a week before laying. also the hide seems to be plenty large enough we are using vermiculite that is wet to the point of clumping just not dripping i guess thats about it hopefully she will lay soon we soaked her in luke warm water the other day for about 20 min but still nothing i just starting to think she may be egg bound. thanks again and i will keep my fingers crossed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!