Bad Guy Bad experience with Family Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
mmarie341
Bad experience with Family Reptiles

Hey guys,
This past weekend I went to Repticon in Gainesville, FL I spent over three hundred dollars including a bearded dragon tank set up from Family Reptiles. When I got home right away the red heating lamp bulb did not work, then today the daytime heating bulb went out, only two days after I purchased them. I called Family Reptiles and spoke to someone who wanted me as a customer to bend over backwards to get a replacement or refund on a broke light bulb that they sold me.

After the bad customer service with Family Reptiles, I then called Zoomed who were extremely helpful and exhange the light bulbs for free no questions asked. From now on I know to purchase all products straight from Zoomed, because of their fantastic customer service.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
tylersmith
Im not familiar with these guys. But what exactly did they want you to do that you consider "bending over backwards"?

Old 03-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
mmarie341
They are a small shopen that I bought from at Repticon. He wanted me to return it to Petco so he wouldn't have to deal with it. But really I'm complaining because of the way the store owner handled it, he was rude and unhelpful. I ended up calling Zoomed directly and they helped without a problem.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #4
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarie341 View Post
They are a small shopen that I bought from at Repticon. He wanted me to return it to Petco so he wouldn't have to deal with it. But really I'm complaining because of the way the store owner handled it, he was rude and unhelpful. I ended up calling Zoomed directly and they helped without a problem.
I understand returning the broken item before getting a refund or replacement, but I can't understand why he'd want you to return it to petco when you didn't buy it there. As the business owner, it is his responsibility to take the damaged product from you and refund you. Then he can take it to petco if that's where he bought it from. Seems weird that he would buy a light bulb there to resell when they are so expensive. Glad Zoomed was willing to help you out.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
mmarie341
He is buying from Zoomed but he wanted me to return tHem to Petco so he wouldn't have to deal with it. Either way Zoomed would have paid for it in the end. Also when I asked for a refund he simply said he doesn't have the sales volume like walmart so he can't just hand out money to everyone. I had the defective bulbs but he didn't ask for them, at that point he was being so rude that I decided to call Zoomed.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #6
elena
It is highly disturbing that Family Pets told the OP to return the bulb to a store it didn't come from. That is return fraud, which is a form of theft, and in fact a crime.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #7
snakesareawesome
ya not too sure about that one, I'd have to pass on that return policy.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:26 PM   #8
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Hey guys,
This past weekend I went to Repticon in Gainesville, FL I spent over three hundred dollars including a bearded dragon tank set up from Family Reptiles. When I got home right away the red heating lamp bulb did not work, then today the daytime heating bulb went out, only two days after I purchased them. I called Family Reptiles and spoke to someone who wanted me as a customer to bend over backwards to get a replacement or refund on a broke light bulb that they sold me.

After the bad customer service with Family Reptiles, I then called Zoomed who were extremely helpful and exhange the light bulbs for free no questions asked. From now on I know to purchase all products straight from Zoomed, because of their fantastic customer service.
How much was the tank setup? How was the customer service when you bought it? How much money did you lose? Have they been notified of this thread? Can you itemize what the 300 bucks was spent on?

Old 08-06-2015, 11:55 PM   #9
mmarie341
I believe the tank set up was $130 not sure now it's been a while. The customer service was great when I purchased from them, it was after two days when the light bulb went out that the owner of the store was very rude and un helpful. I do not belive they have been notified of this thread but I posted on their Facebook page and he quickly deleted my post. I spent $300 all together I bought the tank setup and a Lesser plat. Ball python.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #10
Chris Kennard
Quote:
I believe the tank set up was $130 not sure now it's been a while. The customer service was great when I purchased from them, it was after two days when the light bulb went out that the owner of the store was very rude and un helpful. I do not belive they have been notified of this thread but I posted on their Facebook page and he quickly deleted my post. I spent $300 all together I bought the tank setup and a Lesser plat. Ball python.
So you spent 130 on Family Reptiles or 300?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!