Inquiry Chad Ramsey - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:53 AM   #1
maverick48
Chad Ramsey

Okay, I want to first state that I had no trouble in interacting with Chad prior to the delivery and he seems to be a good guy. But with my delivery the snakes were cold. He packed them with hand warmers which could have potentially had injured the snakes and had apparently died out hours before they arrived to my house. This was alarming but I was happy to get all of my snakes in good health and none had any signs of RI. If that were the only issue I wouldn't post here at all. I'm not even sure this is the right place, I'm just not sure if it qualifies as "bad guy." First, one of the two possible double het females I purchased from him appears to be a normal. My wife is the snake sexer and probed one male and another male. This also isn't a big deal to me as it just makes them a breeding pair, though I'd have preferred both females because neither is 100% het. The big issue I have is that the Vanilla female he sent me. I'm not a genetic expert but I have doubts that she's Vanilla. I found a picture of her from one of the postings he made of her and she looks brighter in the picture than in ones I've taken. I was planning on breeding her but a breeder who saw my pictures of her said that if she is a vanilla she's low quality. I emailed Chad yesterday evening but haven't heard back from him yet. If she's low quality--whatever that means-- I can certainly accept that especially because I got a great price on her. I guess I'm just looking for assurances. I know I only emailed him yesterday but I was hoping to hear back pretty quickly.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:58 AM   #2
maverick48
A quick addendum. Looking more at the picture I took on the bottom I'm seeing more vanilla in her than before.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #3
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick48 View Post
He packed them with hand warmers which could have potentially had injured the snakes and had apparently died out hours before they arrived to my house.
Are you certain of this? Did you measure the internal temps when you got the box? I imagine it's pretty cold in Minnesota right now!

Quote:
First, one of the two possible double het females I purchased from him appears to be a normal.
How have you determined this?

Quote:
My wife is the snake sexer and probed one male and another male. This also isn't a big deal to me as it just makes them a breeding pair, though I'd have preferred both females because neither is 100% het.
I'm pretty liberal but even I don't think that's how things work in ball pythons. Did you mean to say that one is male and the other is female? We have no idea what you ordered. Explaining things step by step might help your cause.

What was Chad's response when you told him about the animals being mis-sexed?

Old 03-05-2015, 03:31 AM   #4
maverick48
Wow, I must have been out of it or something. I meant that it appears to be a male. And yes, I meant one male and one female. As for the temperatures the snakes felt very cold. This was back in December actually and temps were a little warmer than now, but colder than most of the major breeders ship at. I measured their skin temp at 60 degrees using my IR thermometer. I'm really not sure if that is useful information though. The heat packs were cold as well. I got a firefly ph ghost male and a vanilla ph ghost female and 5 possible hets 4 of which were supposed to be female. The firefly looks great, by the way. I haven't heard back from Chad yet and I sort of regret posting this without giving him more time to reply to my email.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Snake-Queen
I have several vanilla ball pythons ... the one you posted is not a vanilla. All vanillas have light spots on their head.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!