Inquiry DTS herp farm - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #11
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
Just wanted to chime in here..
I've done countless transactions with Dan over the last 10 years, thousands of dollars at a time, and have never had any problems with any of them.
I have seen plenty of his bad guy threads over the years, but anyone who does hundreds of transactions a year faces the possibility of ending up with 1 or 2 bad ones.
So you buy lots of animals from a person who has a proven history of sending out diseased and dying animals. That is bound to give kingpinreptiles a boost!
Anyone else want to help their business out this morning?

Old 05-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #12
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
I have seen plenty of his bad guy threads over the years, but anyone who does hundreds of transactions a year faces the possibility of ending up with 1 or 2 bad ones.
Quite possibly. As is often said, it's how a person handles the bumps in the road that truly defines what kind of business they're running. With that in mind, DTS is still completely worthless. Had you actually read the BG threads that you've claimed to have seen, it'd be damn near impossible to argue that you can ever really count on Scolaro to do the right thing. As long as it's all happening to others, it's all good, right?

This post sums it up much more succinctly than my own:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro
So you have no qualms about dealing with and supporting a proven bad guy?
That is good to know.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #13
Wilomn
If you knowingly support a scumbag, what does that make you? We ALL have choices to make and if the all mighty dollar is more important than being able to look your fellow man in the eye, as it were, then go for it. I'll understand when you look away if you see those who refuse to support the bottom of the barrel just to make a few pennies more. I really like some of your snakes Mike, but I have to tell you, knowing you do business with this guy has really put me off getting anything from you.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
Brandonmarsh29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Brandon, I just want to confirm that you are speaking of Dan Scolaro, there is a different business that describes itself as a Herp Farm.
Lucille I did mean Dan Scolaro thanks. So ya the reason I posted was I saw an ad for a king snake I was looking for so I started looking at other ads from them and there were some animals said to be about 2 yrs old cbb that were so tiny and skinny still only eating pinks. Looked like hatchlings far as size but skinny. Anyway I appreciate everyone's help and advice thank you all. I been breeding colubrids for several years now but I'm still kinda new to this whole internet thing and have been very fortunate to have talked to some great ppl. I just like to do as much research as I can when considering who to do business. Please forgive me if I ask a dumb question cuz like I said I'm pretty new to the internet world and I wanna thank EVERYONE for their input.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonmarsh29 View Post
I just like to do as much research as I can when considering who to do business. Please forgive me if I ask a dumb question cuz like I said I'm pretty new to the internet world and I wanna thank EVERYONE for their input.
In a situation like this, the only 'dumb' question is the one you don't bother asking. Make friends with the search function in the BOI forum. Research everyone. You may just save yourself a whole lot of time and trouble.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #16
Brandonmarsh29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
In a situation like this, the only 'dumb' question is the one you don't bother asking. Make friends with the search function in the BOI forum. Research everyone. You may just save yourself a whole lot of time and trouble.
Thank you very much... I just now found out how to search through this for specifics haha. So anyway after seeing the other ads when I was shopping around and hearing what ppl had to say I will just look elsewhere when looking around. I thank you all for your input you guys have been alot of help.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #17
turtledan77
3 weeks ago, I was intrigued by his "golden 3 striped mud turtles" on kingsnake. As a newcomer to this hobby, I was not aware of the BOI and ability to research specific sellers. I contacted him and told him I was interested in seeing more photos. He responded with:

"I have a few so they go back in the same cage and it would be difficult to find one you select so that's why its important to pay for it first and then I will separate them out and you can choose from a few and no obligation if you pass but all look so similar and change to the same gold as adults so not much difference matters at this sub adult stage etc."

This was an immediate red flag and I questioned him for expecting me to pay without even seeing a picture first. He got upset and basically told me he wanted nothing to do with me. It was a frustrating exchange, but reading this now it sounds as if the outcome was the best case scenario for me!

Old 05-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #18
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtledan77 View Post
3 weeks ago, I was intrigued by his "golden 3 striped mud turtles" on kingsnake. As a newcomer to this hobby, I was not aware of the BOI and ability to research specific sellers. I contacted him and told him I was interested in seeing more photos. He responded with:

"I have a few so they go back in the same cage and it would be difficult to find one you select so that's why its important to pay for it first and then I will separate them out and you can choose from a few and no obligation if you pass but all look so similar and change to the same gold as adults so not much difference matters at this sub adult stage etc."

This was an immediate red flag and I questioned him for expecting me to pay without even seeing a picture first. He got upset and basically told me he wanted nothing to do with me. It was a frustrating exchange, but reading this now it sounds as if the outcome was the best case scenario for me!
You were probably lucky!

Old 05-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonmarsh29 View Post
Lucille I did mean Dan Scolaro thanks.
I have NOTHING good to say about Dan Scolaro. If you read some of his bad guy threads, he often tries to evade responsibility for his misdeeds by demeaning and insulting any who complain about him, and demeaning and insulting any who would support those hapless buyers.

Lowest Karma

1 - MythicalDragonz (-537)
2 - crestyman2 (-463)
3 - colorado (-308)
4 - crespo72 (-299)
5 - skanndelus (-230)
6 - Dan Scolaro (-226)
7 - wallshaker (-226)
8 - Justin Mitcham (-225)
9 - big daddy's wholesal (-220)
10 - MaxWheelz (-207)

Old 05-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #20
j_dunlavy
Dan is one of those guys who embodies all that is bad about the reptile industry and should be avoided like the plague.

I am surprised to see he has not gone out of business or been shut down yet.
Sure, he may have some good transactions but look what happens when things go wrong or when someone calls his BS; true colors begin to show...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!