Inquiry DTS herp farm - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #31
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
That does not make me a supporter of scumbags in the hobby.
Well, actually, it kinda does. His scumbag status is fairly indisputable; and your purchase dollars are supporting him. It's a mentality like yours that helps people like him stay in business. Rationalize it any way you want; but your choice to give him your business, despite knowing exactly what he is, comes off as nothing more than a tacit F-U to everyone he's wronged. As I said, as long as you're not the one being bent over, that's apparently all that matters. It's not an uncommon sentiment. Not exactly conducive to a safer herpetocultural community; but nothing that countless others haven't embraced.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #32
AbsoluteApril
Warning: posting this to all since it keeps happening, stop with the name calling ('scumbag') - as that type of talk is not welcome on the BOI and hasn't been for a while now. I'm sure the feelings can be made clear without having to resort to calling names. Thank you

Old 05-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #33
redhood23
I see the point you guys are making. I from now on will not support him or purchase from him again.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #34
redhood23
I truthfully did not think about the effects of others purchasing from him. I guess I was selfish in the way of wanting this species. Again, I do see where my error was with purchasing and how it is classified as supporting him now. Thank you for pointing it out and I am sorry. I should have used my brains.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #35
Wilomn
Everyone makes mistakes. What you do when you find out you've made one is more important than the mistake itself. Sometimes. I think this is one of those times. If you're sincere, well done.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #36
redhood23
I am very sincere. I will not do business with him again.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #37
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
I am very sincere. I will not do business with him again.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #38
treeboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
Just wanted to chime in here..
I've done countless transactions with Dan over the last 10 years, thousands of dollars at a time, and have never had any problems with any of them.
I have seen plenty of his bad guy threads over the years, but anyone who does hundreds of transactions a year faces the possibility of ending up with 1 or 2 bad ones.
So you get some of the animals you sell from Scolaro? You are now on my don't deal with too. And Dan has far more than his share of Bad guy threads, not one or two. Just remember that if one of your multi-thousand dollar deals goes south, Dan will not be there for you.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #39
Arachno
He's placed lots of ads over the years for species I really wanted, but I've always had second thoughts. What about buying from him in person?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #40
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboa View Post
So you get some of the animals you sell from Scolaro? You are now on my don't deal with too. And Dan has far more than his share of Bad guy threads, not one or two. Just remember that if one of your multi-thousand dollar deals goes south, Dan will not be there for you.
That is exactly how I felt Jeff. A couple of members seemed to have a problem with me calling him out for his statement. It was obvious that he was doing more than just adding an experience. He states that he has seen the bad guy threads and evidently Dan's actions do not bother him.. There is also the fact that many thousands of dollars of Dan Scolaro's possibly infected animals have passed through the facilities of kingpinreptiles. It really didn't bother me that they wanted to call me out especially considering who was doing the calling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!