Inquiry DTS herp farm - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #41
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachno View Post
He's placed lots of ads over the years for species I really wanted, but I've always had second thoughts. What about buying from him in person?
From a moral/ethical standpoint, many of us would probably agree that ANY business with him is a bad idea. As far as an in-person deal being safer - not really. Not every health issue can be seen, especially during a cursory exam. If some health issue does end up showing itself shortly after the sale, DTS has a documented history of not doing right by the customers who aren't lucky enough to get a healthy animal from him.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #42
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
... Not every health issue can be seen, especially during a cursory exam. If some health issue does end up showing itself shortly after the sale, DTS has a documented history of not doing right by the customers who aren't lucky enough to get a healthy animal from him.
True, that; re: cursory exam. Online or face-to-face ... I don't believe it alters ethics, honesty or customer service after an unsatisfactory purchase.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:33 AM   #43
Arachno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
From a moral/ethical standpoint, many of us would probably agree that ANY business with him is a bad idea. As far as an in-person deal being safer - not really. Not every health issue can be seen, especially during a cursory exam. If some health issue does end up showing itself shortly after the sale, DTS has a documented history of not doing right by the customers who aren't lucky enough to get a healthy animal from him.
The snakes I wanted from him were all really high priced. So it definitely sounds like it would be too risky to buy from him.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #44
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
That is exactly how I felt Jeff. A couple of members seemed to have a problem with me calling him out for his statement. It was obvious that he was doing more than just adding an experience. He states that he has seen the bad guy threads and evidently Dan's actions do not bother him.. There is also the fact that many thousands of dollars of Dan Scolaro's possibly infected animals have passed through the facilities of kingpinreptiles. It really didn't bother me that they wanted to call me out especially considering who was doing the calling.
Take all the shots you want, but if people are reluctant to post their experiences due to being attacked by people like you then this forum loses it's effectiveness. I would never deal with Dan, but I'm not going to ridicule someone that does.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #45
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
Take all the shots you want, but if people are reluctant to post their experiences due to being attacked by people like you then this forum loses it's effectiveness. I would never deal with Dan, but I'm not going to ridicule someone that does.

You, IMO are dead wrong. The statement about Dan from kingpinreptiles basically was an attempt to negate all of the wrong Dan Scolaro has done. That isn't going to happen! I feel it is people like me who help the BOI to function. Now how about we let it function as it was meant to and take this to PM if you wish to continue?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
I think a valid point is being made here. Just as it has in the past when this sort of thing was addressed then. Anyone interested in putting their two cents in is encouraged to take such discussion HERE. -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=236965

Old 06-01-2014, 01:33 AM   #47
treeboa
Quote:
This isn't a cheerleader forum. DTS reputation is such that it is risky to deal with him from a business standpoint and a health standpoint. you bet we are going to post our negative opinions and question those that do business with him. That indeed is what the forum is for. Those that have had good dealings with DTS are lucky and people do need to be warned ahead of time.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #48
turtledan77
Been debating on throwing my 2 cents in here as I'm clearly a newcomer to this "industry" and haven't been along enough to see the things that you veterans have seen over the years. I do think that it's important that we keep our frustration focused on the actual "bad guys" without villainizing those that have done business with them whether intentionally or out of ignorance (as I almost did in this case). Encouraging them to avoid future business with the "bad guys" is a great course of action, but flat out ridiculing them is counterproductive and divisive to the community as a whole. Lets work together to improve the industry as a whole. I am certainly grateful for the insight provided in this thread as it has had a direct influence on who I should avoid. Thanks to all for sharing your stories and experiences.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #49
Fangthane
Some may say "vilify"; others may say "tell it like it is." Hell, even the more chronically level-headed among us agree, in general principle:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin
Secondly, while I do not support anyone dealing with him, and would not consider knowingly purchasing from someone who does, I don't think it's particularly helpful to demonize those who are honest about their positive transactions in this thread.
Adding an experience is one thing; but certain types of editorialization are bound to draw some special attention.

I'm with David on this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro
The statement about Dan from kingpinreptiles basically was an attempt to negate all of the wrong Dan Scolaro has done. That isn't going to happen!
At least one poster has claimed to have been made to see how his purchases have helped to support DTS; and subsequently rethought his decision. In my eyes, that's one less potential victim. If all that needed to be sacrificed to achieve that goal were some slightly hurt feelings; personally, I see it as a pretty low price.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #50
MikeCurtin
Not sure if the poster who claimed to rethink his decision was sincere or not.....I don't think he was, but that doesn't really matter.

I wouldn't have posted anything if the comments had been directed solely at Dan from Kingpin. His actions will likely impact those to whom he resells Scolaro's questionable stock. One or 2 hobbyists looking for a hard to find animal that gets lucky could probably be handled a little differently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!