Inquiry New Owner/Manager of Rat Trap Reptiles 2.0 - Robert Penny - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 AM   #21
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERONBOY View Post
- Robert cares little about US sales, BOI, and opinions about him because 90% of his business is overseas.
- Robert sells his animals overseas to Viking Balls (Thomas Kirkeskov Froik).
I'm sure other breeders wouldn't mind cutting out the middleman and offering their services directly to Viking too.

Viking Balls:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vikin...65090440296290
Thomas Frøik:
https://www.facebook.com/selenocosmia

Old 02-20-2015, 07:04 AM   #22
Amelanistic Orca
Is this a great country, or what?!

Old 02-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #23
radiant dragons
:: popcorn ::

Old 02-20-2015, 04:50 PM   #24
HERONBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlcmmtt View Post
Those are some pretty huge allegations. Do you have any emails, or texts, or anything to back any of that up?

As someone here in NC, I'm quite interested in this whole thing.
That is a good question and I am not too sure how or if I could answer all that. I had over four years of emails, phone conversations, and texts with Dan/Rob and have no idea where I would even start.

What I can tell you is that I contacted everyone I mentioned in the post prior to posting it, told them what I would post, and pleaded with them to help resolve this matter so I wouldn't have to take these steps. Kevin from NERD was the only one willing to help, and he bent over backwards to convince Rob to send some of my animals back to me. Without Kevin's help, I would not have gotten any of them back and I will be forever in debt to him.

All that being said, in the event that I said anything that was not 100% accurate I encourage Rob and/or all parties involved to speak up. I assure you, if I was Rob or anyone else mentioned in my post and it wasn't true, I would be the first to respond.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #25
Robert Walker
Quote:
...It was a great business relationship and friendship until about six months ago when he informed me that his real name was Robert Penny, that Dan was in jail, that I have been only talking to Robert for the past four years, and that nothing would change between us. It is extremely difficult to summarize the past four years of business relationships and wrong doings of Robert Penny,...
Jereme, I realize you said things were great up until 6 months ago. It seems Rob sprung the great reveal on you, however, still he stated "that nothing would change between us".

1. Is there a particular reason the great reveal even took place at all? If Rob was posing as Dan anyways, couldn't he have continued it for another 4 years?
2. If you had to guess, why do you believe Rob went back on "nothing would change between us" and started taking your animals instead, why ruin that friendship/business relationship?

Thanks

Old 02-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #26
HERONBOY
Jereme, I realize you said things were great up until 6 months ago. It seems Rob sprung the great reveal on you, however, still he stated "that nothing would change between us".

1. Is there a particular reason the great reveal even took place at all? If Rob was posing as Dan anyways, couldn't he have continued it for another 4 years?
2. If you had to guess, why do you believe Rob went back on "nothing would change between us" and started taking your animals instead, why ruin that friendship/business relationship?

Thanks

1)When Rob came clean with me about not being Dan he told me it was because Brock was out to get him, That Brock knew everything about his past, and that he would rather have me hear it from him than others.
2) I wonder everyday why Rob did what he did to me and still have no idea. Everything was great until I sent him a good portion of the Microscale project that was to be used for display only at the Daytona show. A few days after the show he told me that he traded off my Spider Microscale to Amir for a anaconda phase ball python female I was obviously upset seeing I produced it, it was my animal, was only sent to him for display purposes, and was suppose to be sent back to me after the show. From that point on its been a mess trying to pull away from Rob, get my property back, and enjoy my hobby again. To date Rob still has several of my animals in his possession and refuses to send them back or make good on them.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #27
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

Thanks

1)When Rob came clean with me about not being Dan he told me it was because Brock was out to get him, That Brock knew everything about his past, and that he would rather have me hear it from him than others.
2) I wonder everyday why Rob did what he did to me and still have no idea. Everything was great until I sent him a good portion of the Microscale project that was to be used for display only at the Daytona show. A few days after the show he told me that he traded off my Spider Microscale to Amir for a anaconda phase ball python female I was obviously upset seeing I produced it, it was my animal, was only sent to him for display purposes, and was suppose to be sent back to me after the show. From that point on its been a mess trying to pull away from Rob, get my property back, and enjoy my hobby again. To date Rob still has several of my animals in his possession and refuses to send them back or make good on them.
Seems to be the same thing he did with others last time. Build confidence, friendships and relations and then sells the animals that don't belong to him.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #28
PhD Exotics
This thread has helped to bring things in perspective. The Facebook post had me wondering why Robert did not let people know that he has been running things for awhile and now it is clear. It is also clear that he is trying to cut losses by coming out before people do it for him.

Since he does 90% of his business overseas, that market needs to be made aware of these issues even if he is funneling business through viking balls.

It is disappointing that he has not paid bank his debt from awhile ago or his current debt with Jereme. If Kevin is willing to helI, I honestly don't see him sending back any snasnakes through persistence of there current means and I feel that stronger action needs to be executed.

The fact that there was only one positive feedback on this thread and he is not defending himself gives more probability of truth in the claims against him.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #29
Hkwagner
More and more is coming to light now as I read Jereme's post. Let me tell you what I know of Rob Penny.

I knew Rob Penny starting in late 2003 through early 2006. I had became good friends with Rob. Rob used to run a forum called Spiderballs.net. Rob was very easy to talk to and I learned from him on how to raise ball pythons and make homemade racks and such. Rob told me that he had a criminal past and that he used to use Cocaine and it almost destroyed him. I wanted to think that people could change so I gave him a chance.

Things started to go south for Rob in 2005. He went and purchased a Butter male from Ralph Davis for $30,000. It later died and Rob had promised people babies. Such as Glen Polanco of California. Glen had given Rob snakes and I believe money for a baby butter male and he never got anything. Then there was a incident with David Reid from California where he didn't get what he was promised. I knew nothing of all of this. People thought because Robert and I were good friends that we were in business together. That was not the truth. Robert had bought some snakes from me and that was the extent of it. Then the big one hit. Chris Simone had entered into an agreement with Rob where he gave Rob adult breeder ball python females some of them were morphs. To bring things into perspective a adult normal ball python at the time could cost as much as a $1000. And people were paying it!

Then the storm hit. Chris couldn't get in contact with Rob to get his snakes back and he was calling me and everybody else. None of us had any answers for him. Chris then flew to NC and took the Sheriff's if I remember correctly to Rob's house. Chris later filed charges against Robert Penny for theft. Rob got arrested. There was a huge thread on RDR about it with his arrest picture posted up. Then Rob went away. There were rumblings from more others who had gotten taken and they posted about it.

This is where it affected me. Chris Simone called me and wanted to name me in the lawsuit and charges because he thought I was Rob's business partner. That was not the truth. I think after three very vocal phone calls he finally got the message. I had to convince everyone that I didn't know Rob's dealings and I had nothing to do with them. It sucked! Rick Cunningham who is Glen's good friend and partner in snakes put me through the ringer for three years before he finally bought a snake from me as he felt I was in on Rob screwing Glen. I got really tired of it!

Then in I believe 2010 I got a phone call from Rob. He said that he had been in jail and he wanted to get back into snakes. I explained to him the trouble he had caused me. I choose not to do business with Rob. Rob then went to my mortal enemy in the snake business Kevin McCurley and joined forces with him and his associates. Rob started up Rat Trap Reptiles. I figured it out pretty fast. I heard all the smack he was talking and he was making sure everyone thought he was Dan Gibides. Well I tried to track down Dan and I got a phone call from Rob. I knew then what he was up to. Words were exchanged and I laughed and shrugged it off. I figured typical Rob.

I saw Rob in Daytona in 2014 when he was loaded and called me every name in the book. He claimed all his debts were paid. I knew that they weren't. He was hanging with Amir which was no surprise. I believe he also had his friend from Viking balls there also. Rob said that Kevin and him had the Microscale and he was going to ruin me. It appears now that maybe Rob and Jereme might have been partners?? None of this is a surprise. Rob will screw someone over in a heartbeat. If you have to change your name to get back in a business I think that is a sign.

Now how long has Kevin McCurley known that he is Robert Penny?

Brock

Old 02-22-2015, 07:47 AM   #30
Ghi Reptiles
I don't think it matters how long Kevin has known that Rob has been running the business as Dan but since you admit here that Kevin McCurley is your mortal enemy congratulations on taking a lame shot at him. I know Brock that you knew 'Dan Gibides' was really Rob Penny for a long time so why didn't you come forward before if you thought it was such a big deal and you were really looking out for others in our industry? But you finally did once the Microscale project was up and running and you had an opening. Good timing on your part since that project is a direct competitor of the Scaleless Head project you are invested in right? Are there other motives here?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!