Inquiry ??James Jacoby (Roadhouse of Retics)?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
rebel750
??James Jacoby (Roadhouse of Retics)??

Not sure what the deal is now. I purchased a retic from James on 11 Oct 2014. She arrived quickly and appeared to be in good health. However, she refused meals countless times over the course of a few weeks. The seller and I had good communication for about a month or so before the girl died. Not sure why or how. I simply stated she passed and even sent pictures to James. There seemed to be no hard feelings between us and he said she was on live food and not f/t. He said he would get his other female on a good f/t regiment and would replace her. I had no problems with waiting for this. He had sent a few updates and she seemed just about ready for delivery. The last update I received was on 21 Dec. Now it seems like he has disappeared. His number says it is not available and there is no response to numerous emails or texts even though his account shows he has logged in in January.

He seemed to be a stand up guy but now it is like he is no where to be found. If something changes I will be more than happy to recant and delete my post. But I am unsure what else to do now that I am out hundreds of dollars with nothing to show for it. Marco............

Old 02-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
Craig Wyatt
Once you post something on the BOI there's no going back. You can never delete this. It's here to stay forever.
Can you post some proof. Emails texts??

Old 02-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
bcr229
Did this snake ever eat for you?

How long until it died?

Did you get a necropsy done?

Old 02-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
rebel750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Did this snake ever eat for you?

How long until it died?

Did you get a necropsy done?
No she never ate for me. She arrived the 14th of October and died on the 28th of October. And no I didn't have a necropsy done.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
rebel750
Sad, still no way to contact him. Out $450 and he can't even be a man of his word.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #6
snakesareawesome
I don't keep this species but I've never heard of a snake that starved in 2 weeks time if it was previously well fed and with good body mass.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #7
lillyorchid
Yikes that snake is skinny! I'm sorry to read that you are having this problem. No way a snake that is a established feeder, starves to death in two weeks.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:03 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
I don't keep this species but I've never heard of a snake that starved in 2 weeks time if it was previously well fed and with good body mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
Yikes that snake is skinny! I'm sorry to read that you are having this problem. No way a snake that is a established feeder, starves to death in two weeks.
I know this species and can say for a fact that it not eating for 2 weeks, even a month, would not cause its demise. These snakes are quite resilient, so if it didn't eat at all, it is quite possible it wasn't eating to begin with.

I received a few retics that had been fed live; within 2 weeks, had them eating f/t. A hungry retic eats anything ... practically.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
rebel750
I have about 10 retics right now, all purchased as babies over the last few years. They never skipped meals even while in shed. Most ate the day they arrived.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:38 AM   #10
Pasodama
As has been mentioned, the snake would not have died, of starvation, after just two weeks of not feeding. It would, also, not get very skinny, within two weeks, if it was, originally, of good weight & tone.
Something must have been awry, with this snake, prior to your receiving it.

Do you have an address for James? Such as address on the box that the retic was shipped in? Other?
Do you have a phone number for him?

----

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!