Bad Guy unhealthy / abused animal from LLL Reptile!!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #51
albert clark
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardingmarley View Post
I apologize if the answer to this should be clear to me, and my intention is not to accuse anyone of wrongdoing, but are anacondas not part of the species restricted to sell/ship across state lines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishaussie View Post
Give him some panacur, just a drop & little flagyl to help his appetite, if he is wild caught he should be treated for parasites.
I know we all feel bad about this case and hope for a positive and speedy resolution! Never give medication to a dehydrated , malnourished animal! We first have to rehydrate and get him nutritionally on the upswing. He is not feeding right now so we have to start with giving fluids orally and by allowing him to soak in a appropriate sized bowl. Solids and medication after that. Keeping my fingers crossed! A.C.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #52
Qayin
Thank you everyone who has helped, given kind words or good advice. I am working with LLL to get this resolved. I'm not going to answer any questions that were answered in my original post. Many of you are asking invalid questions which you wouldn't be asking if you simply READ before speaking. The animal in my care is in a current malnourished/dehydrated state, came to me that way, has nothing whatsoever to do with shedding, mites, or his environment. This is a very stubborn and stressed WILD CAUGHT snake. LLL, Kate in particular, is doing all they can to help, and I am very grateful for that. Yes they shipped him to me in this state BUT I've come to the conclusion that at least the scars are due to just being a wild caught animal, which isn't the fault of LLL. Yes LLL is to blame for a couple of things BUT not as much as I originally had thought. A wild snake is a wild snake, plain and simple. I feel like I'm doing all the domesticating myself, but the situation is being resolved, slowly but surely.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #53
albert clark
Thumbs up Unhealthy/ abused animal from LLL Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
Thank you everyone who has helped, given kind words or good advice. I am working with LLL to get this resolved. I'm not going to answer any questions that were answered in my original post. Many of you are asking invalid questions which you wouldn't be asking if you simply READ before speaking. The animal in my care is in a current malnourished/dehydrated state, came to me that way, has nothing whatsoever to do with shedding, mites, or his environment. This is a very stubborn and stressed WILD CAUGHT snake. LLL, Kate in particular, is doing all they can to help, and I am very grateful for that. Yes they shipped him to me in this state BUT I've come to the conclusion that at least the scars are due to just being a wild caught animal, which isn't the fault of LLL. Yes LLL is to blame for a couple of things BUT not as much as I originally had thought. A wild snake is a wild snake, plain and simple. I feel like I'm doing all the domesticating myself, but the situation is being resolved, slowly but surely.
That's great! Hope all gets resolved to your satisfaction. Next time you are ready for another green anaconda check with the guys at "awesome anacondas" They have the healthy, captive bred little big guys! Very healthy! Leave the wild ones in the wild brother. Just a IMO. Best Wishes and good luck! I think their web is www.awesomeanacondas.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!