Australian Water Dragon (local sale) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Agamids

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Dragonman6
Australian Water Dragon (local sale)

She has been sold, Thank you everyone!
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Dragonman6
pics

Pics taken today (5/24/10)...
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
JosephJenkins
it looks like a female to me, how big is it?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Sea00049
Hi,

This definetley looks like a female and if your looking to breed and can find a male you should since these are so popular and hard to find. Go to the AgamaInternational site which tells the differences. As a baby they usually cannot tell their sex BUT as they get older the females are a peachy pink throught out the underside and the males are a deep red.

Do you know of any petstores in your area that sell these and have a male? My Wife and I are looking for a Male.

Thanks for your time,
Kurt

Old 06-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
ronnie10
Trade you a cuban rock iguana for it ?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Dragonman6
Hey everyone, my apologies for not having responded as I have been busy with school and work. I have checked the water dragon out more and had a more experienced breeder look at it and those of you who said it was a female were right. However, I am still looking to sell her to someone who can provide her a good home. I have to cut down my collection as I am becoming increasingly busy.

If you have any offers or questions please email me directly at Cdankert6@gmail.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
Dragonman6
Bump! Still available to anyone in/around New York City area!
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
Physignathus
My Australian water dragon looked almost the same as yours. But he/she was a year older, and I started to notice the body was beginning to turn a turquoise color with each shed. It was the most unique Australian water dragon I had ever seen. I was so confused, because the vet had said my water dragon was a male, and a hemipenis was sort of visible. But my water dragon looked completely different from my two males. My males have a gray/black coloration and have the dark red stomachs. The "female" however, reached 3 years old and never laid eggs, and the vet said that she was not carrying any last year around breeding time and that all she felt were "fat pads" on the stomach. I was going crazy because I had never seen another Australian water dragon like it, male or female. But I just realized something... The Australian water dragon has 2 subspecies. Physignathus Leseurii and P.I. Howitti. My water dragon showed traits of BOTH subspecies! I now believe that I had a hybrid male. Nothing else explains it. I'm still kind of blown away as I literally researched and came up with this theory a few hours ago. I believe that Agama International aquired a Gippsland Water Dragon at some point that had bred with the Physignathus Leseurii, as I have started to see more "mystery" Australian water dragons like mine and yours that are traced back to Agama International. I have not been able to find any that have lived to be older than mine yet. Mine was 3 years old and was determined to be a female, but never had an infertile clutch. When placed the "female" with my Physignathus Leseurii male last year, they fought and the "hybrid" became stressed and hid from the male, so I seperated them and didn't attempt to breed them again. A year passed. My water dragon started to become weak and listless over the past few months, but there was no medical explanation. The vet treated for parasites and said that it just seemed to be a "lazy" water dragon. But it only got worse until finally Wayne died this Sunday. I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what it was that killed my water dragon. And nothing make sense. My other 2 males (That look like normal Physignathus Leseurii males) are happy and healthy, and were kept in the same conditions as the "female". Now I'm wondering if the fact that it may have been a hybrid has anything to do with it. It would certainly explain why it had all male characteristics (such as enlarged crest, larger jowls, apparent hemipenis, and the overall body structure of a male) but had a completely different coloration. I feel like I'll never know the answer for sure, but I'm wondering if you also have a "hybrid". Your water dragon is the only one that even remotely looks like mine did with that same orange stomach and the lighter coloration, so I wonder if they were siblings from the Physignathus Leseurii and Gippsland Water Dragon.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Physignathus
This is completely a theory that I came up with and am trying to validate somehow. Anyone else think this makes any sense or have they seen Australian water dragons that don't look easily sexable? If anyone has an older adult that has the orange stomach, different bands, and has trouble sexing them please let me know as I'm desperately trying to find out whether this is a possibility.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!