Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 185 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #1841
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
So attached is the actual raffle post that Ty posted so readers can actually read it without turning their heads sideways. A couple of things stick out. 1) Where does it say winner will get Tegu that Ty produced? 2) baby albino tegus.
Quote:
It says it all in the attached image below.

It seems you & Ty use the same book of tactics.

Anything can be skewed, in your favor, by just showing partial "evidence" &/or only a small part of communication/documents.
The real truth only comes out by showing all "evidence" &/or the entirety of communication/documents.

As for "producing albinos", and raffle not stating "one of Ty's tegus", that is just semantics and "word games".

When it comes to "one of Ty's tegus" (for example), never mind that Ty did state something about ~his~ "producing albinos" (which shows the raffle was for one of his tegus), it is not only the exact writing that matters.
~Intent~ truly matters.
The intent, and what the raffle writing exhibits (and, certainly, leads one to believe), is that the raffle was for one of Ty's tegus. Period.

~~~~

Old 05-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #1842
bcr229
IIRC in most states, when a provision in a contract is vague or ambiguous then that provision must be construed against the drafter. Ty is the drafter of the contract and anyone reading his Facebook posts would be left with the impression that the prizes were tegus that he produced. He also stated that was his intent for the raffle prizes from the very beginning in his post #77, and he unilaterally decided to change the contract terms after the prize winners had been drawn:
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
When IRCF (International Reptile Conservation Foundation) was having difficulty with it's fund raising efforts to help save some of the critically endangered iguanas, I wanted to step up and help. After couple days of thinking, I decided that the best way for me to help them right away was to run a raffle for one of my most desired species (albino tegu) that would be produced in 2016. At this point in the year, I was mostly sold out of animals that I produced in 2015 and I was also tapped out on my giving to reptile related causes, which exceeded $50,000 in 2015.

I ran the idea by IRCF, which is a registered non-profit, and they agreed that we should give it a try. The idea was for me to donate 2 albino tegus to raffle off to raise funds. In addition, I also donated a third albino tegu to a donor who wanted to donate $2500 for one albino tegu---instead of participating in a raffle. We collectively raised more than $7500 (it might be closer to $9000.00 but I can't remember the exact figure at the moment) for IRCF.

What I forgot or didn't think about at the time of the raffle was that there are two types of albino tegu: one is typical albino which are T- albino and the other is highly priced T+ or Purple albino tegu. These were produced by breeding heterozygous blue tegus, so the outcome of which albino or how many by looking at the parents or the eggs are useless. I typically sell my T- albino blue Tegu's for $2500 and T+/purple albino blue tegus for $5000. In 2015, most of my albinos were T- with only two being hatched as T+, which I kept as future breeders. That result was what I was expecting in 2016 but it didn't turn out that way---all the albino tegus I produced were, to my surprise, T+ albinos. At this point, I decided to tell Michelle and others that, although I produced albino tegus, they were all expensive type and that I would buy 3 normal T- tegus from a friend to send to them. I could have just bought the tegus from a friend and shipped them without them knowing but I wanted to be honest and open. The other two winner and buyer was more than happy and gracious but not Michelle. She wanted the $3000 instead because "I didn't produce albino tegu"---which I clearly did. If she approached me and asked for money because she needed the money due to her financial need, I would have most likely to helped her by sending her the money but I felt that she was rather being greedy instead.
Also, I wish people would get over this stupid "greed" thing. If it weren't for greed people would never participate in raffles, lotteries, or other games of chance. It's also not greedy to demand what is owed under a contract. If you think otherwise, I'd be happy to tell your employer that you're willing to go to work every day for no pay.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #1843
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
David, u have already said u are legally blind. Maybe you are not the best one to make judgements here.
David sees much more clearly, than do you. Made very obvious by your repetitive ridiculous posts.(how much is Ty paying you?)

Michelle, I can't say it enough, I wish you the VERY BEST, and rest assured, this will go your way hands down.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #1844
Big Time Reptiles
In my humble opinion, is it just me or do others see this as well, Ming's recent posts, #'s 1815, 1817, 1818, 1821, 1822, 1825, & 1826.

If these posts, (not to mention the rest) are not being posted under the direction from Ty, what on earth would Ming's reasoning be for posting, over and over again, on Ty's behalf? not one of his other followers have stayed with it like he has.

It's as clear as crystal, Michelle was wronged, and Ty owes her....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #1845
DavidBeard
Its obvious that Ty and Ming/Mike's primary tactic is to show partial evidence (aka alternative facts) and throw as much crap to the wall hoping that the average viewer/reader won't be able to see the truth through their crap.....unfortunately for them, most of us here have better sense than that and I have a feeling they are in for a rude awakening when this goes to trial.

I honestly cannot wait for the "we told you so" comeuppance that is no doubt headed their way in the future.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #1846
AppEcto
Quote:
also the belly is flattened laying on the board, so when you take an over head shot, it looks more chubby.
And yet somehow, it is possible to get an overhead shot of an adult male red tegu laying flat and in the same position without it looking obese. I guess this one must be emaciated?
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2017, 04:06 PM   #1847
tim brophy
Note to Sugar Glider. If you ever actually get a tegu out of this ordeal (and I hope you do), do not let it get near one of your sugar gliders! Those things look like they could eat a whole refrigerator full of chicken!

Old 05-30-2017, 04:27 PM   #1848
tim brophy
Sorry, meant to say "Note to Sugar Hedgie"...

Old 05-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #1849
DavidBeard
Almost every single adult Tegu I have seen posted by Ty is morbidly obese. Look at wild caught healthy adult Tegus, they are not supposed to look like stuffed hams with legs and a tail.

I'd wager he doesn't give out much info as to what he feeds them, because you know....hes Ty Park and can do wrong, why would anyone question him?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #1850
tim brophy
David, not sure you can blame Ty Park for how his buyers feed their tegus. But I know tegus are prone to obesity in captivity. Probably cause lots of keepers do not have the resources or desire to keep them properly. I believe most serious keepers have them in escape proof outside enclosures at least part of the year. Not a casual pet. Super strong, crap a ton and sorta smelly. If I was Sugar Hedgie, I would bail on the lizard and go for the cash.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu