FOX News Poll: Should you keep exotic REPTILES? We're losing! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Fang~
FOX News Poll: Should you keep exotic REPTILES? We're losing!

We're losing!! Help out!

Letter from USARK:

FOX News Poll: Should you keep exotic REPTILES?

There is a poll on FOX NEWS entitled: Should people be allowed to keep exotic animals? If you believe you should be allowed to responsibly keep exotic reptiles please follow the link below and VOTE YES! This poll is important because politicians will use it to gauge public sentiment. Please voice your opinion and urge your friends and family to do the same! Share this link on the forums you frequent. Share it on Facebook and Twitter. We need to take this poll viral! DO IT NOW!!!

To Vote YES in FOX News Poll click this link (if the link does not work copy & paste URL into your browser):

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...as-house-pets/

Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
EA7770
Just an FYI, this poll is from way back in Oct. and not likely being followed by very many people at this point (other than the herpers that keep passing it around on FB. On top of that, it's just a silly tv opinion poll that makes zero difference in the long run anyway. No, it's not going to hurt to vote, but it's not likely to help anything either. If you really want to help the cause, you can spend the same amount of time going to your congressmen's web sites and emailing them your opinion.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Fang~
Hmm, I should be more observant when checking these. I actually just recently received an email about it so that's why I posted. I have been sending letters to congress but I figure anything we can do to help is worth a little effort.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang~ View Post
Hmm, I should be more observant when checking these. I actually just recently received an email about it so that's why I posted. I have been sending letters to congress but I figure anything we can do to help is worth a little effort.
+1!

If there's the slightest chance something can help, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a minute or two out of our busy days to do it.

We were in the lead on the poll last I looked.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
LauraB
I voted. We still are in the lead:

Quote:
Yes. Just because an animal is "exotic" doesn't mean it's dangerous. 46.54%
(12,627 votes)

Old 01-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
rodneynboalich
by all means cast your vote and express your opinion. but keep in mind what the reality of the poll is.

in the 50's is when these kind of things were started and they are not used for what people think they are. they are used to sell society ideas and merchandise. there basically use to figure out what people think about certain things and then that information is used to sell them something, whether it be a car or a president. if you look at obamas campaign he got people to vote for him by simply saying change and yes we can. and what where all the polls saying. that people wanted change. so when you have a white redneck republican for texas as president, having a black democrat saying he will bring about change, its sure to get people on his side. not only did people identify with what he was saying but he looked the part, since he looks nothing like a white redneck form texas. thats just an example of how these polls work to gather information from the public.

when Frued explain that people arnt nearly as motivated by logic and reason like people had thought for years, governments and especially corporations picked up on it and thats why today we have commercials of paris hilton half naked on top of a car eating a hamburger. people like what they see and think they want to buy the product being sold when really they just want to eat a burger and bang pairs hilton.

now i know there would seen to be little connection between your pet snakes obamas campaign and a paris hilton commercial but these are just different ways in which known knowledge of peoples motivators and information gathering is used to sell something ,including ideas.

so after frued knowledge of motivating factors a guy named edward bernays ( freuds nephew) moved to the US and he was the one that was hired by the government and corporations to start selling people things on a more subconscious level and this is when work groups and public opinion polls where really started. and good example was a work group that was put together to find out why (i believe its was) the new instant cake mixes that were being marketed wernt selling well. being that it was the spetford wives era. the cake mixes were selling but they wernt being used. so there wasnt any repeat sells. what they found out with the work groups that the spetford wives didnt feel like they were contributing enough when they were using them so the companies add to the directions on the cake boxes they you needed to add 1 egg and the rest is history.

now fox new reasons for the poll isnt, most likely, to find out what people think about he issue, but to find out how well their story that they ran prior to the poll was received.

think about it. why would fox new run a story about dangerous exotic animals and then run an opinion poll after the fact. if they were really looking to find out how the public felt dont you think they would have done the poll first and then did a story.

whats the point of fox news even doing a poll. we already know where they stand on the issues. we all saw the cobra story.

they are trying to find out how well there story was received and also they are trying to find out what are any specific concerns of the public so they can repeat them in their next story,that im sure they are planning on running, and this time they will be able to repeat verbatim what the public ,that are of their like mind, said, and thats how the scam works

if theres a place on the poll to write in your personal concerns. read them and read what the people for the ban had to say. remember it and then watch what fox news says in their next story. it will be identical

Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Boo, i hate it when old crap is dug up and then posted as new!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Women
I just vote yes 2 weeks ago I'm all for the reptiles I would hate to see them get ban just because pepole think that every reptile is bad to have. I know I love my babies and I would die if I could no longer have them because they have been ban.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!