Bad Guy TL Ball Pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
xBree
TL Ball Pythons

Just a heads up about some really poor customer service. I contacted Todd (TL Ball Pythons) just a few nights ago about a male pied. He got back to me immediately and we agreed on a deposit to hold the snake for a week or two that same night. The following morning, as I said I would, I sent the deposit and then got a response saying that someone else had paid for the snake later that night, after our arrangement, and had just picked it up that morning.

I got my deposit back immediately, but this is still no way to do business. My deposit of $750 was just $50 short of the $800 he was asking for the snake, so I would have a hard time believing he just needed the money, and I can't think of any other reason to do this. And if he had a problem holding onto the snake, he should have simply said so from the start. Instead, he told me that the payment plan worked perfectly because he couldn't arrange shipping for another couple weeks anyway only to sell it to someone else a few hours later.

It's extremely disappointing. I won't be dealing with him again.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Lucille
Did your seller specifically agree to accept the deposit the next day after the agreement?

Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Corey Woods
I don't hold anything until I have money in my hand (or bank account). Too many tire kickers out there. First person to pay is the person who buys.

It's no different than walking into Home Depot and walking by the last item on the shelf and then going back 2 minutes later to grab it and it's been taken by someone else.

I would have done the same thing (sold it to the first person to send me money!!).

Corey

Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Lucille
Corey,

I agree. I'm thinking the seller might have agreed to hold in return for a deposit, not the promise of a deposit. Money talks, no money walks.
These days Paypal and other services can transfer funds quickly, so a deposit can be sent almost immediately.

Had the deposit arrived first, of course my feelings would be different.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Todd Lymburner
Hey guys this is Todd of TLballpythons.

Lucille and Corey i want to thank you very much for your reply's. That is exactly what happened! I told her i would have no problem holding the animal with a deposit, she said she would get the deposit to me the next day. I did not hear from her until the following day and by then someone had paid in full for the animal.

There is a lot of people who when i have posted a snake for sale said they would send me a deposit the next day or on a certain day and i have never heard from them again. By that point i have taken the ad down and told numerous potential buyers that the animal is sold only to have to re post the same animal a few days later because i never heard from the person who told me they were going to send me a deposit.

Bree im sorry you did not get the animal you very much wanted but you were not wronged or misled by me in any way shape or form. Someone simply bought the animal before you did. If i would have recieved your deposit i would have held the animal for you but i never recieved it until later on in the next day and the snake had been fully paid for by someone. To post this as poor customer service is compeletly unjustified and very wrong and i hope you see that!

Old 11-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #6
Rob McRobbie
I have agreed in the past to hold snakes for people without a deposit and have been "royally" burned because of it..... never again.... Todd did what I will begin doing... selling snakes to those with the money...

Rob

Old 11-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Lymburner View Post
Hey guys this is Todd of TLballpythons.

Lucille and Corey i want to thank you very much for your reply's. That is exactly what happened! I told her i would have no problem holding the animal with a deposit, she said she would get the deposit to me the next day. I did not hear from her until the following day and by then someone had paid in full for the animal.

There is a lot of people who when i have posted a snake for sale said they would send me a deposit the next day or on a certain day and i have never heard from them again. By that point i have taken the ad down and told numerous potential buyers that the animal is sold only to have to re post the same animal a few days later because i never heard from the person who told me they were going to send me a deposit.

Bree im sorry you did not get the animal you very much wanted but you were not wronged or misled by me in any way shape or form. Someone simply bought the animal before you did. If i would have recieved your deposit i would have held the animal for you but i never recieved it until later on in the next day and the snake had been fully paid for by someone. To post this as poor customer service is compeletly unjustified and very wrong and i hope you see that!
I think buyer's concept of what "I will hold with a deposit" means in concept of time. She seemed to think, that by the seller saying those words, it reserved the animal until she get the money to him the next day as she promised.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Todd Lymburner
I respectfully disagree, She was giving me partial payment as a deposit to hold the animal for a week or 2 until she could get the rest of the money together. The "hold with a deposit" like you quoted is a clear cut as it can get. I will HOLD the animal for you when i get a DEPOSIT. Until the DEPOSIT is recieved i cannot and will not HOLD the animal. I have done that before and got burned by window shoppers by marking the animal as sold telling others sorry its taken then never hear from the person again. Also i am guilty of that myself i was buying a snake, told the seller here is what i got for the animal they said that would work, i thought about it for a few hours before sending the final ok on the deal and when i did he informed me that someone else had come in and paid for the animal. I did not feel he did anything wrong, someone beat me to the punch plain and simple. I especially did not come on here and say he had poor customer service thats for sure because he did nothing wrong.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
Todd Lymburner
Hi Deborah i appologize, i re-read your post. Thank you for seeing my point. I believe you were agreeing with me.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Lymburner View Post
Hi Deborah i appologize, i re-read your post. Thank you for seeing my point. I believe you were agreeing with me.
It's ok. I was..I waited for you to absorb... No harm, no foul.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!