Bad Guy Jay Clark of Creative Exotics - Not so Good Dealing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Dave Smith_81
Jay Clark of Creative Exotics - Not so Good Dealing

Hello,

I wanted to warn people about my recent interactions with Jay Clark of Creative Exotics. I was hoping to avoid having to post on here but Jay has refused to provide a complete refund which I feel is appropriate. I’ll provide a quick summary of the interaction and cut-paste the email history. It might show up a bit choppy as Jay emailed from a couple of different email addressed so the chronological order may be slightly off.

I put an ad up looking for an female albino Burmese Python, Jay replied stating that he has one. I requested pictures and additional information on the snake, which Jay supplied. Jay stated that he wanted $450 for the snake, shipped (please note: I said including shipping).

March 15, 2012 I sent Jay an email money transfer for $450.
Later in the day on March 15 Jay sent the flight details (to be shipped in Sunday March 18). Saturday March 17 I get a poorly written email stating that shipping was more than he expected and the snake didn’t fit in the box that he had. However, the email ended stating that the flight arrived at 7:45 p.m. on Sunday.

Besides the complaining about how shipping was more and he was going to have to use another box, the email gave no indication that he wasn’t going to ship the snake; the email concluded with the arrival time of the flight.
Sunday night just before the flight was going to arrive, I emailed Jay to find out the flight number as there were a number of delays at the airport and I wanted to check on the status of the flight (I was already at the airport at this point).
Jay emailed me back pretty quickly and told me that he didn’t ship the snake because shipping was too expensive and he didn’t feel he was getting enough money out of the deal. Again, the agreed upon price of $450 included shipping.

At this point I was moderately pissed off because I drove to the airport for no reason and some guy across the country has my money and I have no snake. I emailed Jay later that night and told him I was frustrated with this deal and to send me my money back.

He stated that he had sent me another email telling me that he wasn’t shipping the snake… I find this hard to believe as this was the only email of his I had not gotten. I didn’t really care about the details of that and just wanted my money back.

From here Jay told me that he only had to give me a partial refund because of the ‘terms’ on his web-site regarding deposits. However, Jay approached me about the snake, I was not aware of his web-site, I was not directed to it, nor did I know that it existed. Let’s be clear here though – I didn’t put a deposit down on the snake, I paid in full (including shipping). I also didn’t back out of the deal – Jay did by not wanting to fulfill his end of the agreement. I also didn’t view his web-site or buy anything from it.

From here Jay tried to convince me to send him a bit more money and he’d ship me the snake. I tried my best to explain why a full refund was warranted. After threatening to contact the RCMP and post on here Jay sent me $400, but kept $50 to compensate for his time.

I told Jay that a full refund was required and he eventually agreed to send the remaining $50, but to date I haven’t seen the rest of my money.

I feel the $50 should be refunded, in my mind anything less than a total refund on a deal that he backed out of is theft. In my opinion Jay should have known the price of shipping prior to giving someone a price that included shipping; ditto with the shipping box. I shouldn’t have to forfeit any of my money because Jay was ignorant as to how much shipping was going to cost and that his snake was too large to fit into the shipping box that he had.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn others about Jay Clark of Creative Exotics as his business ethics are questionable and customer service skills could use some work.

Thanks

Dave Smith

Old 04-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Dave Smith_81
To David Smith
Sent: March-20-12 8:37:48 PM
To: David Smith (diamondpython1@hotmail.com)
David, I said I understand man. You need to see it from not just your point of view. I've been very good man. Trying to work with you. I have been paying the same for shipping for years. They jacked the price up do to price of fuel and such man so I wasn't expecting that. Then the box I tried to fit her in and not a chance.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:55:41 +0000
To: <creativeexotics@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com

Jay I haven’t jumped the gun I simply don’t agree with what you are saying.
You didn’t hold the albino without a deposit. You told me what you wanted for the snake (including shipping), I asked for pictures and thought about it a bit, I then said yes I’d buy it and emailed you the full payment (again, including shipping), and then you backed out because shipping was going to be too much. The fundamental problem I see here is that you should have given me a price without shipping. That way you would have gotten the exact amount you wanted for your snake, and the cost of shipping would have been my responsibility or additional cost. Instead you gave me a price including shipping and backed out because it was more than you expected.
Do you not agree with that logic?
When can I expect the email transfer of $50?

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:39:43 +0000

David, I held the Abino without a deposit for you. I also looking into shipping times with out a deposit which I do not do. There is nothing CRIMINAL about holding the $50 dollars and did you not read the last email before you jumped off the gun again in the last email. My time and shipping supplies is worth more than $50 dollars. I understand were you are coming from. If you read the email and actually acknowledge it instead of jumping the gun, then maybe you will read what I wrote, and understand what I'm saying. Thanks again David.
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:28:46 +0000

Jay,

You offered to send me the snake for $450 shipped. I agreed. You then found out that shipping was going to be more and tried to pass that expense along to me. I was not willing to pay that expense since it was above and beyond what we originally agreed upon. I wasn’t trying to rip you off or get a snake for half of what it was worth. You shouldn’t have offered the snake for $450 shipped if you weren’t prepared to actually follow through.

I stated that it was fine that you wanted to keep the snake and not sell it for what you felt was a loss. But I’m certainly not going to forfeit any of my money (the $50) because you backed out of an agreed upon deal. You act like I put a deposit on a snake and then turned around and decided I didn’t want it. In that case I would certainly expect that the deposit would be lost. The big difference here is that I paid for the snake in full (shipping included) and then you found out that shipping was going to be more than you expected (you’ve acknowledged this several times and is your own ignorance), so you decided to back out of the deal. To put it simply, you can’t keep my money because you were ignorant to the cost of shipping a snake. It was your responsibility to know this prior to setting a price that included shipping.

I’m really not worried about you proving me wrong on the BOI. A) I have nothing to lose I don’t have a herp-related business B) Your fundamentally wrong for literally stealing money after backing out of a deal (Albino Burm $450 shipped, remember?)

I would appreciate the $50 email transfer. I can promise you that you are fundamentally wrong and bordering on criminal behaviour. I will be contacting the RCMP if my $50 is not returned.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:05:25 +0000

Wow alright I've had enough I will send you the $50 just so that I don't have to deal with the headache of proving you wrong on the BOI. I had this happen before and they agreed that the 50% is no refundable and made it made the buyer look like a piece of work. No worries David

And shipping costs went up. I haven't shipped a big package in a few months. I have done nothing but be helpful and you are just upset because you didn't get a snake that for half of what it was worth. No worries I will send the $50 and if you would like I can start a BOI on you to warn people about you. I love how customers run to the BOI and half the time they get made out to be the bad person.
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:24:32 +0000

Jay,

You seem to have a very difficult time understanding that you offered the snake to me for $450 with shipping included. Once you realized how much shipping was going to cost you decided that you either weren't going to sell the snake to me or wanted additional funds. You backed out of our agreed upon deal of $450. I can't comprehend how you feel its okay to keep some of my money when you backed out of the deal we had. It was your responsibility to understand how much shipping was going to cost when you determined the original price of $450 (with shipping included). What is your justification for keeping my $50?

I'll be contacting the RCMP, since you aren't refunding the remainder of my money, and I'll be posting the details of this transaction on the Canadian Fauna Board of Inquiry to warn others of your crooked dealings. I’ve never dealt with a person that had such a distorted sense of ethics.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:34:21 -0800
Subject: Re: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com
To: diamondpython1@hotmail.com

I never once agreed apon spending 150+ dollars on shipping I sent you your refund. Also I bever once threatened you what so ever, I only stated I had a right to do that because they are my Terms Of Service David. You can contact the RCMP of you want to man. They will agree and will tell you that I gave you more then the 50% non refundale man. Think sbout man I have been fair and gave you many options.

Thanks again for you time and sorry this didn't work out.
On Tuesday, March 20, 2012, David Smith <diamondpython1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jay,
>
> There was nothing wrong with my email. Some guy (you) across the country has $450 of my hard-earned money and did not keep up his end of an agreed upon arrangement. We made a deal, my $450, for your Albino Burm. You terminated this deal by stating that you were miseduacated about how much shipping was going to cost (your fault not mine) and that you didn't have a big enough box to ship (your fault not mine). When you offer a price including shipping it is your responsibility to understand how much shipping is going to be. You don't offer it, accept it (over email transaction), then find out how much shipping is and deicide it's not enough. You then didn't even tell me that you weren't going to ship the snake. I know you said you sent an email but funny how that's the only email of yours I haven't gotten.
>
>
>
> You keep threatening about your 'terms' and non-refundable deposits; however, I didn't give you a deposit. I paid in full (including shipping) for an animal that never came. I also never visited your web-site, purchased anything from it, or was referred to it by you. You can't reference terms on a document that your customers have no idea exists. You stated that I wasted your time because you had to get a larger box; however, you wasted my time by not indicating that you weren't going to ship the snake. I'm really sorry that you were misinformed on how much it costs to ship a large snake and how big of a container it will require but that is not your customers fault. I really don't understand what is so complicated about this.
>
>
>
> I’m really done with this whole situation so you can either refund the remaining $50 or I will be contacting the RCMP to see what legal options I have here in terms of internet fraud. As far as I can judge some guy on the internet offered an item up for sale, failed to deliver and then offered only a partial refund.
>
To David Smith
Sent: March-20-12 2:46:33 AM

Attachments, pictures and links in this message have been blocked for your safety.
Show content | Always show content from notify@payments.interac.ca
David Smith,

JUSTIN CLARK has sent you an INTERAC e-Transfer (previously INTERAC Email Money Transfer).

Amount: $400.00 (CAD)

Sender's Message: A message was not provided

Expiry Date: 16 Apr 2012

Action Required:
To deposit your money, click here:
https://etransfer.interac.ca/CAx6efeE

Trouble with the link? Type it into your web browser address bar.

Need help?
http://www.interac.ca/consumers/faqs.php#emt
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is an INTERAC e-Transfer? (previously INTERAC Email Money Transfer). If you use online or mobile banking at a participating financial institution, you can send and receive money quickly and easily.

Email or text messages carry the notice while the financial institutions securely transfer the money using existing payment networks. If your financial institution does not yet offer INTERAC e-Transfer, you can still deposit transfers to any bank account in Canada. Click http://www.interac.ca/consumers/faqs.php#emt for details.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pour voir les détails du virement en français,
cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous :
https://etransfer.interac.ca/fr/CAx6efeE

> ________________________________
> Subject: Re: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com
> To: diamondpython1@hotmail.com
> From: creativeexotics@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 02:14:11 +0000
>
> I just got in the door and was going to email you. Emails like that do not make me want to make you top priority. I'm sending you $400 the $50 was all the time I put it and like I said usually 50% is no-refundable. I went out of my way and picked up a bigger box to send her to you. I have been very fair and very quick to respond to you and help you out in any way that I could. I even held her for you without a deposit. I could hold back $225 but I will not because like I said I want my customers to be happy. Here's you $400 I'm sending the EMT right now, if I would have been off work earlier I would have sent it earlier, I told you I would email you once I got in the door. Password is "albinoburm" thanks again and sorry this transaction did not go as planned.
>
> Creative Exotics
> Jay Clark
> Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry
> From: David Smith <diamondpython1@hotmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:49:56 +0000
> To: <creativeexotics@gmail.com>
> Subject: RE: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com
> Jay,
>
> it's 9:45 here now and my wife is 8 months pregnant, so it's too late to call. As I've stated several times earlier I'd appreciate a full refund via email transfer tonight. I hope you can find the time to do this as you stated before your customer service record is important to you. I don't think that a speedy refund is too much to ask.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:14:38 +0000
>
> Will give ya a shout when I'm off work man. Was late when I was done and had to be up early for work buddy.
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 02:35:27 +0000
> Jay,
>
> I would appreciate the refund via email. Hopefully you can do that tonight when you're done with the snakes.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 02:32:02 +0000
>
> Just doing some cleaning and feeding its 10:20 there. If that's what you what then I will send the refund man. Just thought you wanted her and I'm doing everything I can to work with you, just need her to go to a great home.
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:57:56 +0000
> Please fell free to give me a shout within the next 30 mins (wife will be sleeping after that), but I'm really just looking for a refund at this point Jay.
>
> 905-406-XXXX
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:40:37 +0000
>
> Well how about this if you can send me $50 I will have her on the flight next Saturday or sunday. What every day works better for you man. That covers a little more and that y

--
Creative Exotics
Jay
1-778-908-xxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To David Smith
Sent: March-14-12 6:53:49 PM
I can ship out early next week or on the weekend when ever works for you man just need a 3 or 4 days notice so I can have everything ready and book the flight for you once she's paid for man. I can see about getting a few shots with her. I don't have a tri pod so will see
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:42:03 +0000

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the reply. She looks like a very nice snake. Do you happen to have one picture of someone holding so I can get a reference of size?

I am exploring one more local option here in Ontario but the guy has been slow to get back to me.

I should be able to give you a firm answer tomorrow. Would you be in a position to ship the snake out early next week?

Thanks

Dave
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:21:41 -0800
Shes a 2010 baby, shes around 11 feet and roughly 60-70 pounds. Shes tame and has never struck at me, shes not a picky eater and is eating F/T Rabbits and Guinea pigs like a champ, Ive had many burms that are picky eaters and its hard to find one that doesnt only want one kind of food ie chickens, or rats. She is by far the best burm i have had in my collection and she would make a wicked breeder, i was going to do a bateater hybrid project but i have lost interest in the project.
I would like to get $450 shipped for this female shes gorgeous. well heres a few pictures of her. Im in BC and can ship anytime
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM, David Smith <diamondpython1@hotmail.com> wrote:
How big, old, temperament etc? How much and where abouts are you located?

Thanks

Dave
> Subject: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com
> From: Creativeexotics@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:19:38 -0500
>
> Female Burmese Python
>
> gpt a gorgeous female Albino burm
>
> http://www.reptilescanada.com/classi...?product=60649

Creative Exotics
Jay
1-778-908-XXXX
Http://www.Creativeexotics.com

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Creative Exotics
BOI

Hello Everyone,
I have all the emails and I will post them for you to see. If Dave would have messaged me instead of right away going here this would have been cleared up, the EMT was sent.

I also answer him very promply, with all of his questions and extra pictures he wanted for the size referance of her. And all of her info. The sipping went up with EXP-AIR and my Sales rep infomed me of this. And the box I had I didn't want to cram her in it once I had her in the body pillow case and in the bag the heat pad was too close.

I emailed him the day before and told him as shipping was more if he could send a extra $100. Then said $50 I thought this was very reasonable as it would have cost me $100+ out of my pocket, I was going to cover most of this extra costs. And when I got no email back I didn't ship her out. And was waiting to hear back from Dave. He didn't even ask if she made it on the plane. So I didn't want to ship her and have any issues with her getting picked up.

Jay Clark

Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Creative Exotics
BOI

Hello Everyone,
I have all the emails and I will post them for you to see. If Dave would have messaged me instead of right away going here this would have been cleared up, the EMT was sent.

I also answer him very promply, with all of his questions and extra pictures he wanted for the size referance of her. And all of her info. The sipping went up with EXP-AIR and my Sales rep infomed me of this. And the box I had I didn't want to cram her in it once I had her in the body pillow case and in the bag the heat pad was too close.

I emailed him the day before and told him as shipping was more if he could send a extra $100. Then said $50 I thought this was very reasonable as it would have cost me $100+ out of my pocket, I was going to cover most of this extra costs. And when I got no email back I didn't ship her out. And was waiting to hear back from Dave. He didn't even ask if she made it on the plane. So I didn't want to ship her and have any issues with her getting picked up.

Jay Clark

Old 04-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
Capital Rodents
Not cool. Jay should refund the full amount. I also feel a big sorry would be in order.

Chris Smith

Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Dave Smith_81
The latest emails found below. Please note Jay has stated several times that he had/will send the money, but never states when. He seems more inclined to tell me that I'm in the wrong etc... than just refunding the money. This was the same as when I originally asked for the money back. Instead of just refunding the money, I have to send a couple dozen emails justifying why my money should be refunded.

JAY CLARK

Add to contacts
To David Smith

You never had to plea and beg Dave think about what your saying before you say it. I was prompt with EVERYTHING when dealing with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:24:58 +0000

The day before what?

When can I expect the $50. Please note how I always have to beg, plead and harass you for the money. You claim that your customer service is tom notch but you fail to deliver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:16:32 +0000

You missed the one I sent the day before. I have it on my computer in my inbox

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:06:54 +0000

I've also posted all emails. Please feel free to post any that I may have left out, as I had no intention to leave out any details.

Thanks

Dave

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:55:35 +0000

Yes because if I knew it didn't go threw I would have resent the EMT, see I love how people run to the BOI, I have the email I sent you in my outbox and I have the whole conversation from start to finish. People like you who run to the BOI, I will post all the emails. Now I'm not in anyway wanting to send you the $50 and I bet everyone on Fauna will agree. I answered all the emails and everything and showed you great customer service.

I asked you to if you could sent a little more because the rate went up. I have all the emails from our conversations.

People like you could careless about peoples buisness well fare and jump to the BOI. I will post my side now on Fauna.

All you would have done is send an email saying you didn't receive the $50 and I more than would have gladly sent it. Now there a BOI that I have to recover.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:48:11 +0000

Okay,

So will you be sending the remaining $50? If you review your account you'll notice that I never received the money.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:45:00 +0000

I have been super swamped with work and have had a lot of things coming in and out of my account

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:43:00 +0000

And you didn't notice that the transfer didn't go through?

Or was this like when you sent me the email stating that you didn't ship the snake and I just never got that one particular email?

Please feel free to sent the email transfer again as you'll notice that I never cashed the $50.

Thanks

Dave

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:38:13 +0000

Well it was sent weeks ago.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:35:35 +0000

never got it.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:34:06 +0000

The $50 was sent Via EMT

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:30:47 +0000

Jay,

I just wanted to let you know that I created a thread on the Fauna BOI about you as you have failed to send me the remaining $50. I feel this is owed to me and you agreed to send it back on March 20, 2012 (over 2 weeks ago). I thought after much discussion you were going to make things right, but that has not proven to be the case.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know so that you could act accordingly.

Thanks

Dave Smith

Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
Creative Exotics
Dave you never had to convince me to send the refund I wasd trying to work with you so you could get them. Yes it was my screw up with the shipping, the prices went up for the last time I shipped a big package Dave. This was stated in the email.

I also sent the email saying I would like a little more to cover it and I would cover the rest because it was my screw up with shipping costs.

The EMT is sent and if you would have sent me an email to see what was going on I would have sent it again. I work 15+ hour days and there's only so many hours in the day. This is still not a reason to post on the BOI as your email says you don't care because you don't have a reptile based business. So you said your intetion was just to cause issues for me and my company.

I answered you promptly and was even going to cover most of the extra shipping costs for you. I emailed you when you asked about the time the flight arrive and told you shipping was a little more and that I had to get a box that was bigger because I wasn't conforitable shipping her in that box. I have this email and I will post it once I'm home and not on my cell phone.

I am sorry about the shiping, but I did let him know and he never messaged me back.

The remaing $50 was sent, like it would have been if I was informed he didn't get the transfer.

Jay Clark

Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
Creative Exotics
Heres all the emails even the one i let him know i didnt feel comforitable with the shipping box of the price i quoted because the prices went up from when i shipped a big package

well heres them all bottoms first and then tops last obviously

The EMT has been sent and he hasn't CLAIMED it just like returning emails, to confirm the Female was on the plane, I was trying to help him out remember he was the one looking for the Female.

I have done everything I can for this customer and yet it wasnt good enough because he never confirmed anything or emailed me back on March 17th.

JAY CLARK

5:29 PM (3 hours ago)

to David

You never had to plea and beg Dave think about what your saying before you say it. I was prompt with EVERYTHING when dealing with you.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:24:58 +0000

The day before what?

When can I expect the $50. Please note how I always have tobeg, plead and harass you for the money. You claim that your customer serviceis tom notch but you fail to deliver.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:16:32 +0000

You missed the one I sent the day before. I have it on my computer in my inbox

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 01:06:54 +0000

I've also posted all emails. Please feel free to post any that I may have left out, as I had no intention to leave out any details.

Thanks

Dave

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:55:35 +0000

Yes because if I knew it didn't go threw I would have resent the EMT, see I love how people run to the BOI, I have the email I sent you in my outbox and I have the whole conversation from start to finish. People like you who run to the BOI, I will post all the emails. Now I'm not in anyway wanting to send you the $50 and I bet everyone on Fauna will agree. I answered all the emails and everything and showed you great customer service.

I asked you to if you could sent a little more because the rate went up. I have all the emails from our conversations.

People like you could careless about peoples buisness well fare and jump to the BOI. I will post my side now on Fauna.

All you would have done is send an email saying you didn't receive the $50 and I more than would have gladly sent it. Now there a BOI that I have to recover.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:48:11 +0000

Okay,

So will you be sending the remaining $50? If you review youraccount you'll notice that I never received the money.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:45:00 +0000

I have been super swamped with work and have had a lot of things coming in and out of my account

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:43:00 +0000

And you didn't notice that the transfer didn't go through?

Or was this like when you sent me the email stating that you didn't ship the snake and I just never got that one particular email?

Please feel free to sent the email transfer again as you'll notice that I never cashed the $50.

Thanks

Dave

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:38:13 +0000

Well it was sent weeks ago.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:35:35 +0000

never got it.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:34:06 +0000

The $50 was sent Via EMT

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:30:47 +0000

Jay,

I justwanted to let you know that I created a thread on the Fauna BOI about you asyou have failed to send me the remaining $50. I feel this is owed to me and youagreed to send it back on March 20, 2012 (over 2 weeks ago). I thought aftermuch discussion you were going to make things right, but that has not proven tobe the case.

Anyway, Iwanted to let you know so that you could act accordingly.

Thanks

Dave Smith

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:37:43 +0000

David, I said I understand man. You need to see it from not just your point of view. I've been very good man. Trying to work with you. I have been paying the same for shipping for years. They jacked the price up do to price of fuel and such man so I wasn't expecting that. Then the box I tried to fit her in and not a chance.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:55:41 +0000

Jay I haven’t jumped the gun I simply don’t agree with what you are saying.

You didn’t hold the albino without a deposit. You told me what you wanted for the snake (including shipping), I asked for pictures and thought about it a bit, I then said yes I’d buy it and emailed you the full payment (again, including shipping), and then you backed out because shipping was going to be too much. The fundamental problem I see here is that you should have given me a price without shipping. That way you would have gotten the exact amount you wanted for your snake, and the cost of shipping would have been my responsibility or additional cost. Instead you gave me a price including shipping and backed out because it was more than you expected.

Do you not agree with that logic?

When can I expect the email transfer of $50?

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:39:43 +0000

David, I held the Abino without a deposit for you. I also looking into shipping times with out a deposit which I do not do. There is nothing CRIMINAL about holding the $50 dollars and did you not read the last email before you jumped off the gun again in the last email. My time and shipping supplies is worth more than $50 dollars. I understand were you are coming from. If you read the email and actually acknowledge it instead of jumping the gun, then maybe you will read what I wrote, and understand what I'm saying. Thanks again David.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:28:46 +0000

Jay,

You offered to send me the snake for $450 shipped. I agreed. You then found out that shipping was going to be more and tried to pass that expense along to me. I was not willing to pay that expense since it was above and beyond what we originally agreed upon. I wasn’t trying to rip you off or get a snake for half of what it was worth. You shouldn’t have offered the snake for $450 shipped if you weren’t prepared to actually follow through.

I stated that it was fine that you wanted to keep the snake and not sell it for what you felt was a loss. But I’m certainly not going to forfeit any of my money (the $50) because you backed out of an agreed upon deal. You act like I put a deposit on a snake and then turned around and decided I didn’t want it. In that case I would certainly expect that the deposit would be lost. The big difference here is that I paid for the snake in full (shipping included) and then you found out that shipping was going to be more than you expected (you’ve acknowledged this several times and is your own ignorance), so you decided to back out of the deal. To put it simply, you can’t keep my money because you were ignorant to the cost of shipping a snake. It was your responsibility to know this prior to setting a price that included shipping.

I’m really not worried about you proving me wrong on the BOI. A) I have nothing to lose I don’t have a herp-related business B) Your fundamentally wrong for literally stealing money after backing out of a deal (Albino Burm $450 shipped, remember?)

I would appreciate the $50 email transfer. I can promise you that you are fundamentally wrong and bordering on criminal behaviour. I will be contacting the RCMP if my $50 is not returned.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:05:25 +0000

Wow alright I've had enough I will send you the $50 just so that I don't have to deal with the headache of proving you wrong on the BOI. I had this happen before and they agreed that the 50% is no refundable and made it made the buyer look like a piece of work. No worries David

And shipping costs went up. I haven't shipped a big package in a few months. I have done nothing but be helpful and you are just upset because you didn't get a snake that for half of what it was worth. No worries I will send the $50 and if you would like I can start a BOI on you to warn people about you. I love how customers run to the BOI and half the time they get made out to be the bad person.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:24:32 +0000

Jay,

You seem to have a very difficult time understanding that you offered the snake to me for $450 with shipping included. Once you realized how much shipping was going to cost you decided that you either weren't going to sell the snake to me or wanted additional funds. You backed out of our agreed upon deal of $450. I can't comprehend how you feel its okay to keep some of my money when you backed out of the deal we had. It was your responsibility to understand how much shipping was going to cost when you determined the original price of $450 (with shipping included). What is your justification for keeping my $50?

I'll be contacting the RCMP, since you aren't refunding the remainder of my money, and I'll be posting the details of this transaction on the Canadian Fauna Board of Inquiry to warn others of your crooked dealings. I’ve never dealt with a person that had such a distorted sense of ethics.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:34:21 -0800

I never once agreed apon spending 150+ dollars on shipping I sent you your refund. Also I bever once threatened you what so ever, I only stated I had a right to do that because they are my Terms Of Service David. You can contact the RCMP of you want to man. They will agree and will tell you that I gave you more then the 50% non refundale man. Think sbout man I have been fair and gave you many options.

Thanks again for you time and sorry this didn't work out.
On Tuesday, March 20, 2012, David Smith <diamondpython1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jay,
>
> There was nothing wrong with my email. Some guy (you) across the country has $450 of my hard-earned money and did not keep up his end of an agreed upon arrangement. We made a deal, my $450, for your Albino Burm. You terminated this deal by stating that you were miseduacated about how much shipping was going to cost (your fault not mine) and that you didn't have a big enough box to ship (your fault not mine). When you offer a price including shipping it is your responsibility to understand how much shipping is going to be. You don't offer it, accept it (over email transaction), then find out how much shipping is and deicide it's not enough. You then didn't even tell me that you weren't going to ship the snake. I know you said you sent an email but funny how that's the only email of yours I haven't gotten.
>
>
>
> You keep threatening about your 'terms' and non-refundable deposits; however, I didn't give you a deposit. I paid in full (including shipping) for an animal that never came. I also never visited your web-site, purchased anything from it, or was referred to it by you. You can't reference terms on a document that your customers have no idea exists. You stated that I wasted your time because you had to get a larger box; however, you wasted my time by not indicating that you weren't going to ship the snake. I'm really sorry that you were misinformed on how much it costs to ship a large snake and how big of a container it will require but that is not your customers fault. I really don't understand what is so complicated about this.
>
>
>
> I’m really done with this whole situation so you can either refund the remaining $50 or I will be contacting the RCMP to see what legal options I have here in terms of internet fraud. As far as I can judge some guy on the internet offered an item up for sale, failed to deliver and then offered only a partial refund.
>
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 02:14:11 +0000
>
> I just got in the door and was going to email you. Emails like that do not make me want to make you top priority. I'm sending you $400 the $50 was all the time I put it and like I said usually 50% is no-refundable. I went out of my way and picked up a bigger box to send her to you. I have been very fair and very quick to respond to you and help you out in any way that I could. I even held her for you without a deposit. I could hold back $225 but I will not because like I said I want my customers to be happy. Here's you $400 I'm sending the EMT right now, if I would have been off work earlier I would have sent it earlier, I told you I would email you once I got in the door. Password is "albinoburm" thanks again and sorry this transaction did not go as planned.
>
> Creative Exotics
> Jay Clark
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:49:56 +0000
> Jay,
>
> it's 9:45 here now and my wife is 8 months pregnant, so it's too late to call. As I've stated several times earlier I'd appreciate a full refund via email transfer tonight. I hope you can find the time to do this as you stated before your customer service record is important to you. I don't think that a speedy refund is too much to ask.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:14:38 +0000
>
> Will give ya a shout when I'm off work man. Was late when I was done and had to be up early for work buddy.
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 02:35:27 +0000
> Jay,
>
> I would appreaciate the refund via email. Hopefully you can do that tonight when you're done with the snakes.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 02:32:02 +0000
>
> Just doing some cleaning and feeding its 10:20 there. If that's what you what then I will send the refund man. Just thought you wanted her and I'm doing everything I can to work with you, just need her to go to a great home.
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:57:56 +0000
> Please fell free to give me a shout within the next 30 mins (wife will be sleeping after that), but I'm really just looking for a refund at this point Jay.
>
> 905-406-0420
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:40:37 +0000
>
> Well how about this if you can send me $50 I will have her on the flight next Saturday or sunday. What every day works better for you man. That covers a little more and that y

--

Creative Exotics

Jay

1-778-908-XXXX

Jay Clark

Mar 18

to David

Well how about this if you can send me $50 I will have her on the flight next Saturday or sunday. What every day works better for you man. That covers a little more and that your happy with this beautiful girl and I'm happy she's going to a good home. I will still be loosing a big chunk but I'm willing to do that because I feel bad. I sent the email and feel bad you never got it! Let me know. Thanks.

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:35:56 +0000

I'm not upset that you don't want to sell the snake for what you feel is a loss, that's fine by me. I just never got your email stating that you weren't going to ship the snake. I'm not at all upset about our dealings but I can't pay any additional money for the snake. I would just appreciate a refund and we'll leave it at that - no hard feelings.

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:22:35 +0000

This I really don't think is called for or appropriate "I would appreciate a full refund as I did not give you a deposit I paid for the snake in full including the cost of shipping. You are backing out f the deal that we agreed upon, so a full refund is appropriate."

I was just trying to make things work. All my customers email me the morning of the shipment or night before the shipment. Just to make sure it was on the flight before they leave to go to the airport.

I honesty want you to get the snake you wanted and I don't want to loose out too much. Like I said shipping use to be a certain price and it was a lot more that last time I shipped. Also she doesn't fit the big shipping box I have so I had to change the box. I stated this in my email yesterday.

We can change up what you want or if you send a extra $75.00 I will cover the rest of the shipping costs. I already got a bigger box today and re booked the flight for Next sunday for you.

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:08:41 +0000

I never got a second e-mail saying that you weren't shipping the snake. I only got the e-mail stating you were dissapointed with the shipping costs, and it also stated the time and airline the snake was arriving with.

I would appreciate a full refund as I did not give you a deposit I paid for the snake in full including the cost of shipping. You are backing out f the deal that we agreed upon, so a full refund is appropriate.

An e-mail transfer of $450 tonight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 00:52:25 +0000

And I said that it was not worth selling her for only $290 man, I also said I need a bigger box. And I sent an email the same day as I sent the other one to you. And that email does not say I'm shipping her it is actually the opposite and saying how its not worth it to send her. I needed either shipping be covered or in the other email it says that you can either send the amount to cover shipping or I can send you your cash back. Also with all snakes there a non refundable deposit. It states this on all the breeders terms and is in my TOS on my website too.

Not saying that just letting you know, I also held her for you without a deposit man. I'm just not looking to loose money babies are $350 for decent females. I'm not even getting that for her with shipping. That's what I was explaining in the email man. And didn't hear anything back from you. Most would have asked if she was getting shipped after those emails. But didn't hear anything back so thought you got it but you just emailed being concerned if she was sent?! What's up with that?

I wanna work with you so your happy. I work very hard to have 100% customer satisfaction man. So get back to me and let me know what you want to do buddy. I'm hear to work with you.

Just wish I would have had confirmation. I cancelled the flight the day I sent those emails and didn't hear back from you yesterday man.

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 00:23:25 +0000

Subject: FW: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com

This was the last email I got from you. You explained that shipping was more but you stated at the bottom of the email that the flight arrives at 7:45. Nowhere in this email did you say that you weren't going to ship the snake. I guess drove down to the airport for no reason.

Please send my money back as this has been a frustrating experience.

Jay Clark

Mar 17

to David

Dave
So where going to have to shoot for next weekend because I haven't got a reply from you and after shipping costs, I'm not selling her for next to nothing so we have to work something out. Sorry for any inconvenience but after a long thought its not worth selling her for only 290. We got 2 options. Either you can send the rest to cover shipping, or I can send a refund. I thought shipping was going to be half of 1/3 of what it is costing. So shoot me an email once you get this, thanks Dave.

Jay

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:18:48 +0000

With West Jet. Shipping is a little more that I expected I see females that are 6 feet and not as nice for 400 without shipping. Shipping is $160+ just feels like she's going for nothing after all the years of raising her up. That means I'm selling her for $290.00. And now with the bigger box cause she doesn't fit in the one I got.

Flight arrives at 7:45pm

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:16:33 +0000

Is that the flight number? What airline?

Thanks

Dave

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:29:49 +0000

Yeah I got all the info. Flights booked AWB #838-21286941 and it arrives to you at 7:15pm on Sunday. Thanks again man.

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:24:27 +0000

Did the email with my contact info send. I seemed to be having troubles.

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:39:54 +0000

Hey Dave Got the EMT thanks man. Booking the flight right now. I need your full name, Address, and phone number for the Receipt, for my records and also for the flight booking.

Thanks Dave

Creative Exotic Reptiles
Jay Clark

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:05:07 +0000

Hi Jay,

I just sent the money trasfer from my other email address - dsmith@lgl.com

Your password is: python

Lets plan for a Sunday night flight arriving in Toronto between 8 or 9pm.

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 07:56:31 -0800

I can get flights all day Sunday or monday man theres flight almost every hours Dave, Also heres a few pics with a 2 L Pop bottle i was gunna take her out but todays feeding day and shes a handful for just me. Well heres the pics man.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM, David Smith <diamondpython1@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jay,

If you could look into flights for Sunday night or Monday afternoon/evening (arrival time in T.O.), that would be best for me. I believe I can do email money transfer. I would appreciate seeing a photo of the snake in comparison to some kind of object that I can get a better sense of how large she is.

Thanks

Dave

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:53:47 +0000

I can ship out early next week or on the weekend when ever works for you man just need a 3 or 4 days notice so I can have everything ready and book the flight for you once she's paid for man. I can see about getting a few shots with her. I don't have a tri pod so will see

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:42:03 +0000

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the reply. She looks like a very nice snake. Do you happen to have one picture of someone holding so I can get a reference of size?

I am exploring one more local option here in Ontario but the guy has been slow to get back to me.

I should be able to give you a firm answer tomorrow. Would you be in a position to ship the snake out early next week?

Thanks

Dave

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:21:41 -0800

Shes a 2010 baby, shes around 11 feet and roughly 60-70 pounds. Shes tame and has never struck at me, shes not a picky eater and is eating F/T Rabbits and Guinea pigs like a champ, Ive had many burms that are picky eaters and its hard to find one that doesnt only want one kind of food ie chickens, or rats. She is by far the best burm i have had in my collection and she would make a wicked breeder, i was going to do a bateater hybrid project but i have lost interest in the project.

I would like to get $450 shipped for this female shes gorgeous. well heres a few pictures of her. Im in BC and can ship anytime

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM, David Smith <diamondpython1@hotmail.com> wrote:

How big, old, temperment etc? How much and where abouts are you located?

Thanks

Dave

> Subject: A message about your ad on Reptilescanada.com
> From: Creativeexotics@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:19:38 -0500
>
> Female Burmese Python
>
> gpt a gorgeous female Albino burm
>
> http://www.reptilescanada.com/classi...?product=60649

--

Creative Exotics

Jay

1-778-908-XXXX

--

Creative Exotics

Jay

1-778-908-XXXX

Jay Clark

Old 04-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
Dave Smith_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Exotics View Post
Heres all the emails even the one i let him know i didnt feel comforitable with the shipping box of the price i quoted because the prices went up from when i shipped a big package

well heres them all bottoms first and then tops last obviously

The EMT has been sent and he hasn't CLAIMED it just like returning emails, to confirm the Female was on the plane, I was trying to help him out remember he was the one looking for the Female.

Jay Clark
Jay,

Like I've said in my emails it's amazing how the only two emails I haven't received of yours is the email that clearly states you're not going to sell the snake and the EMT of $50. As of 6:30am Ontario time I have claimed the money that you 're-sent' last night. Sorry it took me so long (insert sarcasm here).

Dave Smith

Old 04-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Exotics
Now I'm not in anyway wanting to send you the $50 and I bet everyone on Fauna will agree.
Very wrong answer.
As your buyer pointed out - you offered a price that included shipping. You don't even deny that, so you have no argument. That shipping was more than you expected, or that you needed a bigger box for packaging, does not mean you get to ask for more money...or keep part of the money you were sent when you decide to default on your agreement.

At least you finally figured that out and sent the rest of the money

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!