Terry Lilley is at it again - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
pch101
Terry Lilley is at it again

Good old Terry Lilley is up to no good again as usual. He is advertising the Silver Tanimbars as Leucistic Blue-tongues, and using my pic in the ad! When Terry originally traded Jeff Litterll (another real piece of work) for some of his Tanimbars, I vouched for the skinks, and I spoke with Terry about them, and I filled him on the genetics behind them. I told him they are NOT Leucistic, and that they might possibly be anerytheristic. I told him that some specimens do fade with age, and become almost patternless, but that they are not leucistic. He asked If he could use my pic to advertise them, and I told him that would be fine. Last night I saw that he was misrepresenting the skinks and My pic. So I responded to his ad with this: "Please remove my pic from your ad immediately." Today the pic was still up, so I replied again with this: "Remove my pic from your ad at once." This is what I got back as his response:

"I will remove the photo but you are sure an a**hole! (sorry I had to edit that out) Dont you have anything better to do? And by the way you gave me permission to use the photo so why dont you go screw your skinks and just leave me alone!"

My response: I have been very forgiving up until now. I did not give you permission to use it in misrepresenting the skinks. They are not Leucistic, and I suggest that you use some common sense and remove my pic form your deceptive ad. I own the photo, and I have the actual photo to prove it. I would have had no problem had you represented them honestly. People associate me with that pic, and if you choose not to represent the pic and the skinks honestly, then leave me and my photos out of it. I do not want to be involved or connected with your lies in anyway, and now that you have chosen to show your true colors, You should not expect me to be changing my mind. I also would not count on me for any referrals, and I get calls every day from people looking for rare BTS. Take your own pic and use it, but leave me out of your lies!

Well it is still up. What a guy. If anyone has any question in regard to my knowledge of Blue-tongued Skinks. I will say that I have devoted the last 10 years almost entirely to BTS, and I have published articles on them in Reptiles Magazine and Reptiles USA Annual. I also have a book in the works on the subject of Tiliqua.

James Wilson

Old 01-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
gmherps
Quote:
I will remove the photo but you are sure an a**hole!
????? Change your meds dude!! :scatter:

Old 01-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
pch101
???

I am not sure if that was a response to me or to him. I am guessing it was ment for Mr. Lilley.

James Wilson

Old 01-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
gmherps
Yeah, it was meant towards Lilley.

I was making a mockery of his getting mad at you for stealing YOUR pic.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
oldherper
Terry Lilley has been this way for the 25 or more years that I've known of him. Terry Lilley is Terry Lilley. I'm amazed that after all this time and all of the things he's been involved in that there's anyone in the herp world that doesn't know of him and his reputation.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #7
montezuma
James, Still have the BTS I sold you at the Tucson show 2 years ago?

Old 01-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #8
pch101
I have known his reputation for about the last 5 years now, and I am not at all surprised about this. I simply feel it is necessary to inform others every time he pulls one of his stunts.

James Wilson

Old 01-07-2005, 12:16 AM   #9
pch101
Gean, are you sure you did not sell a BTS to James Fenn in Tucson. I have never been to a Tucson herp show.

James Wilson

Old 01-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #10
montezuma
Oh thats right!!! It has been a while since I have seen him... Sorry 'bout that. I was wondering when he had stuff published!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!