Allen Williamson, AllenExotics - You Decide - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #11
StickyTongues
Chris,

This is very interesting to hear. I am also in the middle of a trade with Allen. I shipped out a ghost male and a mojave male to him on Wednesday. Fedex was suppose to deliver the package by 10:30 AM but didn't get there till closer to two.

I called FedEx and ask them to page the driver to see what the hold up was and asked Allen to let me know how they are once they arrive. Allen then tells me the mojave male had died and probably died right after I shipped it as it was really stinky by the time he got it. Allen also said he had tossed the body into the field. So no pics either. Here is the PM I got from Allen.

" Re: offer..
They just got in at about 2pm... Couple problems.. The Mojave didnt make the trip.. Looks like he died like right after u shipped him because he smelled AWFULE i had to throw him in the field behind my brothers house. The ghost is alive.. But you sent me the wrong ghost.. The one you said you were going to ship me was a 2007, 250gram male with a scar on his back.. I got a 08.. Like 80gram male with no scar...

I gave you my word though.. So I still intend on shipping out my end of the deal. But, I hope you can make this right.. I mean the mojave was DOA and the ghost isnt the one we decided on... But still intend on shipping out monday."

I did ship out the wrong ghost male to him by accident which I did tell him I will correct on Monday. Now I asked Allen to ship the 1.1 fires to me first before I will send him the replacement mojave and ghost. I hope he comes through on his end of the deal.

Here are the pics of the 1.1 fires he sent me.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...6/Mfire001.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...6/Ffire001.jpg

I sent Allen an email about this post and asked him to come through on his end. I guess we'll just have to wait and see on Tuesday if I get them or not. Keep up posted on what happens and I will do that same.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #12
David Fernandez
Does this help any in identification?

David Fernandez
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #13
StickyTongues
I also wanted to ad that the mojave I sent him just had its first shed about 7 days prior and was just about ready to have his first meal and was in no way unhealthy or thin. Whether is died due to being shipped to early I don't know. I used all the precautions I always do and had a 48 hour heat pack in there taped to the top of the Styrofoam lid with 6 layers of folded newspaper between the heat back and the snake bags.

They both were also well hydrated with a soak the night prior to being shipped. I've never lost an animal before due to shipping and it was killing me trying to figure out what happened. I hope this was just coincidence and that Allen is not a scammer. I guess we will know based on how he handles these two incidents.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #14
David Fernandez
Sam I have to be honest those two animals do not look
like Fires..maybe I'm crazy.

David Fernandez

Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #15
huff747
Very interesting. Was the address you shipped to 913 Leatherwood DR? Because he told me that was his grandmother's house and that he stayed there during the week to take care of her because she had alzhymers.

Also odd that he would through my spider in the dumpster because of the smell and your mojave in a field.

He did claim at one point he was going to ship out to me on Monday as agreed as well so I will definitely update this post if I receive the clown female I was to receive. He only really mentioned it in passing though and after he stopped responding to my emails and couldn't provide pictures I had come to a point where I didn't believe I would actually receive her which is why I decided to post. I hope he does come through for both of us.

Best of luck in your situation as well.

Chris

Old 09-13-2008, 12:56 AM   #16
StickyTongues
That's what I thought. Since I've never owned a fire and I know their looks can vary, not to mention the crappy pics, I thought I would take a chance. Allen has down business with a vendor I trust every month and based on the feed back here I thought it would be fine.

Allen did say he has all the paperwork and guarantees they are fires. I told him I would show them to some local breeders here that has fires to see if they are the real thing. If they were not, Allen said he would take them back.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #17
BryonsBoas
I was actually expecting Sam to have linked photos that Chris had sent to Allen. With temps being in the 70s , what are the odds that 90% of the snakes Allen has been getting is coming in dead? He's real quick to toss away the bodies in case anyone wants some firm evidence.

Sorry Chris & SAm that ya'll are stuck wondering WTF is going on.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #18
huff747
Quote:
Originally Posted by david fernandez
Does this help any in identification?

David Fernandez
To be honest not really. The belly doesn't look like a fire to me and where the dark pigment hits the belly on this picture it seems very dark, although I don't know if it's the poor picture quality. But if you look at the fires I shipped where the dark pigment reaches the belly it's very faded, not dark. I just wanted some overhead shots because I had just taken the pictures the day before shipping them to create the paperwork which is why I requested a normal view of them hoping to be able to verify.

Chris

Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #19
Shadera
I'm not sure if this will help at all, but I tweaked the lighting and contrast on those pics. I hope you are able to get some resolution somehow.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #20
David Fernandez
Yep that's what I was getting at by making the pic bigger...Not a Fire

David Fernandez

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!