Allen Williamson, AllenExotics - You Decide - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:43 AM   #191
simplechamp
It's too bad that things move so slowly with stuff like this. I understand there's lots of paperwork and red tape and not a whole lot of manpower dedicated to this particular case, but persevere and justice will be served.

I just want so bad to see this guy get what he deserves!!!! Hope you guys get your specimens back too.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:26 AM   #192
Abby
Warning: Long Post! My Experience with "Matt"

Wow, I just got done reading all of "Matt Williamson"'s pages and I'm completely and utterly shocked. Before I knew anything about this guy, he emailed me asking about a Reticulated Python I had for sale. An 11 ft normal male. He said he had previous large snake experience and had no other snakes at the time. This was mid summer I suppose. We exchange emails and IM's and decide instead of accepting cash, I'd take a computer he had instead. He claimed this computer was worth $1000, which I didn't buy (I know a little about computers :P) but it was no big deal since I was only asking $250 for the snake. The specs on the comp were good so I wasn't worried about it. So we meet up and we do the trade. I warned him of the temperament of the animal and if he had ANY trouble I would be more than happy to trade back. I made sure to tell him not to sell him before notifying me. He agreed. First thing is first, once I cracked the computer open it was DISGUSTING. It looked like a nasty dog that smoked 10 packs of cigarettes a day lived in there. It actually SMELLED. It took my father and I 4 hrs just to get it clean. Luckily there was nothing wrong with it other than the grime, but come on. Since I didn't need another computer I ended up putting it up for sale. It took months to sell and I could've sold the snake for more than what I got for the computer - but that's no big deal.

About a week after we met up, he emails me telling me that the snake bit him the day he got him. I told him to just leave the snake alone so he can get settled in and not to be afraid. He wouldn't admit he was scared, but I could tell. A couple days later he says he's been leaving the Retic alone and he is still aggressive. I offered to take him back. He declined my offer and said he really liked him and is willing to work with him. Just a quick note - I'm about 5'7" and 130 lbs and I handled this snake with no problems. Most of you following this guy know he's much bigger than 5'7" and 130 lbs :P I told him beforehand the snake is flighty and not what I would consider tame, but he insisted he was ready. Apparently not. Next thing I know I find out he traded the snake without even telling me. I was upset about this because that snake was special and obviously had some stress issues and I didn't want him to keep getting passed around.

Later, Matt emails me about wanting some Ball Pythons I had and to check out his new website (the LAWreptiles domain). I looked at his website and was immediately turned off by the fact that I recognized several pictures on his site that I knew weren't his. And considering that just a couple weeks before he claimed to have NO SNAKES, how was I supposed to believe he now had thousands of dollars worth of morphs? It just didn't make any sense. I didn't call him on it, and I wish I did. One night he left me an email asking me to call him - It was like after midnight. I got on messenger to see what he wanted, because I'm not phone savvy and figured any details he needed on my Balls, he could ask me on the messenger. So I get on, and he was obviously drunk. The entire time all he did was flirt and be crude, begging me (pathetically) to call him because I quote "Needed a big tattooed man". I'm currently engaged and was definitely NOT interested in Matt's sad little games, so I declined and signed off. After that, I was done with him. A professional NEVER acts that way to a fellow breeder, or any human for that matter.

I guess I got off lucky, because I didn't really get ripped off. But he definitely put up plenty of red flags. I figured he was new to the game so I could cut him some slack. After coming across the multiple BOI threads on him, I am so glad I had the foresight to cut things off. Thank you guys for all you've done! You're really great! If anything new happens, please keep me/us updated, people like this need punished.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:32 AM   #193
jayefbe
Abigail, do you have a better or definitive ID and address for this guy? I'm guessing that since you first traded with him before he thought up his brilliant scamming scheme he wasn't trying to hide anything.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 AM   #194
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe View Post
Abigail, do you have a better or definitive ID and address for this guy? I'm guessing that since you first traded with him before he thought up his brilliant scamming scheme he wasn't trying to hide anything.
Josh,

Unfortunately I don't think I have any new info to bring to the table. I never went to his house, so I don't think he ever gave me his address. I have since erased all of our emails, but I will look and see if any are still in the "Trash" of my email. He always contacted me using the xl506@aol.com email/messenger, and I never saw him use any other name than Matt Williamson until I saw these threads. So I suspect that is his real name. If I do come up with any new info, I will post it here though

Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 AM   #195
Abby
I couldn't find any info I may have had on him since I erased our emails But, if you go to Yellowpages.com and type in Matt Williamson of New Carlisle, Ohio one result comes up for a M Williamson. I don't feel comfortable posting the info just in case it isn't his info, but I figured maybe someone would like to look into that. I do remember him stating he lived in New Carlisle and said I could come to his house, but we decided on meeting instead. Hope this helps.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #196
snakewrangler
I've gotta ask, If the snake was 'special' to you, why did you trade it to a stranger for a computer that you didn't need?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #197
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethsExotics View Post
I've gotta ask, If the snake was 'special' to you, why did you trade it to a stranger for a computer that you didn't need?
I meant the snake was special as in didn't need to be pawned off to someone who wasn't planning to keep him. The person he sold him to doesn't keep most of the animals he gets. I unfortunately had to/have to sell off 95% of my collection due to moving/marriage, and having a big not-tame retic around a 4 yr old isn't a good idea

Old 12-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #198
Royal Morphz
just an update this guy is back on myspace not sure for how long but here is the link
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=418 057178

Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #199
Shadera
Quote:
Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.
Hmm, he either has eyes here or someone must have tipped him off.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #200
Royal Morphz
nope its still up not sure why the link isnt working but put hit member i.d. into google and it comes up as the first listing here is that number

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!