Bad Guy Alligator_kidd02/ Josh Reese (JR) Phillips - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #21
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
I am going to say that true scams have a tendency to originate here or facebook. Not a bad shipper, or bad business, or bad guy. I am talking about a true scam. Send your money and never get what you paid for scam. It would be interesting to see just how many of these like this one actually originated from fauna.

I am so interested that I am going to go through the BOI and check. Thanks
I think this would be a good topic for the feedback forum:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=44
I would be interested in your findings and have some thoughts on this as well. If you want to share, please start a thread there

Let's keep this one focused on the specific business of "Josh Reese's" deals.
thank you

Old 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #22
redrob13B
They got me a couple of days ago. I sent money for the female ackie 300 shipped to this person via PayPal. As soon as they received the money they deleted the add. I contacted PayPal since I this thread got my attention. Since it is tied to my checking account I had to go to my bank about it. They told me the purchase is processing and I'll have to wait until the next day to file a claim. People like this really anger me and make it hard to trust others.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #23
redrob13B
Text messages from transaction with this individual

The text traffic
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #24
nickolasanastasiou
I want to mention user Occidentalis for his assistance with this. He has been very helpful.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #25
redrob13B
forgot about these

Haven't heard back from him
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #26
ExoticReptilesUnlimited
I also got scammed. I filed a claim and its being reviewed by PayPal right now. He told PayPal I bought a RC Motor from him, when actually I bought a female Blue Tongue Skink. The PayPal name was Dorian Tisdale dorian.tisdale@gmail.com

Do not fall for this moron's scam.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #27
JAtoynatan
Make sure that you call Paypal and/ or that they understand its a three way scam.. You should be able to get your money back. They've been very understanding and helpful.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #28
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
Its funny to me how most of these scams originated from FaunaClassifieds to begin with. I bet if Fauna charged people a small fee ( maybe a buck a month ) to post ads that a lot of these scams would be eliminated.

Just my .02
Well, the problem with FREE classifieds is that it is difficult to control who gets to use them.
Before your time, there was a period in which paid membership was required to post in the classifieds. If it had gone well, that would likely still be in effect.

Also, most of them don't "originate" here - they simply land here for a while. Actually looking into them - which I've done a lot of, over the years - that becomes obvious.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #29
Occidentalis
Trying his luck with the blue tongue on facebook.

Nick, out of curiosity, how were you able to confirm this was an alias? IP?
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #30
nickolasanastasiou
There are a few aspects. I do not want to make him aware of them in case it prompts the development of countermeasures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!