Hay's Haven - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-11-2003, 03:41 PM   #11
sputnik
Question SLANDER?

Slander yes, and it will remain slander until Gary produces proof to the accusations he made.

If he doesn't, well I am not going to believe what he says based on his comments.

He has at this point provided more questions then answers and provided no proof at all so far that you (Jason) are guilty of anything.

At this point it makes me wonder who the victem is?

What's that term?? ......innocent until proven guilty!

Old 06-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #12
gwbolton
reply to ms_terese

i received the geckos at the begining of seot. 2002 took them to the vet 9/3/2002. vet records states 2 sick 1 dead from a infection. so i bought meds. from vet. dr. shaw. and gave it to the 2 remaining geckos and called jason that day to let him know. he seemed willing to solve the problem. in 2or 3 days the geckos got worst and died. jason offered me other geckos to replace them. i waited and no geckos arrived. then later i saw one of those geckos for sale on his site. i emailed him about is an he took it off his site. an told me he would send it to me. never did again. now if he had a problem why not tell me months ago. my opinion is i bought from him in good faith, got sick geckos, was promised replacments which he tried to sell them, when caught he made promises again and lied and now he makes claims of others that say i did them wrong and won't say who. i even talked to a friend of his who i did business with and he had no problems with me. and his reptiles where of high quality. i would buy from DK HERPS AGAIN because damin is a very honest guy. again all i ask for is what i am due the 150 dollars i paid for the albinos. if he doesn't believe me what did he offer the replacements before. and why when caught trying to sell the one gecko did he remove it from his web site and promise to sent it too me...

Old 06-11-2003, 03:44 PM   #13
sputnik
NAME

Gary, you might want to put your name at the bottom of all your posts or in your signature. Otherwise, they will probably be deleted and what you then said will of meant nothing!

Old 06-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #14
ms_terese
Gary, can you post the vet report? If not, can you post here what "infection" the lizards were diagnosed with?

Did you send pictures or the vet report to Jason?

Jason, did you receive pictures or a vet report?

Jason, did you agree to send a replacement? If you did, what was that decision based on and what changed your mind?

Jason, do the dates match with your records?

Who is DK Herps and how are they related to this?

Old 06-11-2003, 03:59 PM   #15
gwbolton
slander

an as far as slander. when is the truth slander. if he was so sure the geckos were healthy then why offer me other geckos. also when i noticed the one gecko on his web site for sale why take it off and send me the email saying he will ship it when he has money. if he had a problem with it why not bring it up back in 2002. i gave him time to make good on a bad transaction. some people wouldn't have waited this long. he has had my email address and phone number how comes he waited so long to bring up all these problems. i called him lots of times to try to solve this, he even stated that he has my number on his caller id. i even talked to his wife an left a message and left messages on his answering machine. no reply. so now i warn others about him and suddenly 2 others pop out of the air telling him i wronged them but they do not want their name made public. get real... he just thought i would take this lost and grin and bear it. NOT..... like an old tv show once said If YOU DO THE CRIME YOU GOT To DO THE TIME.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #16
Darin Chappell
I am not taking sides here, but it has always been a principle of mine that the accuser has the burden of proof upon him in any "bad guy" report. So, I am still asking Gary to provide us with some actual documentation of the illness about which he is speaking. Not his testimonial about the documentation . . .actual documentation.

Gary, in what town does your vet, Dr. Shaw, live in Pennsylvania? The reason I ask is because I just performed a search on american-verterinarian.com, and there is no listing of a Dr. Shaw anywhere in the State so far as I can see. Now, to be fair there may be some very good reasons why that is the case, which is why I am asking for further clarification from you, Gary. Just give us the full name of your vet and the town in which he/she practices, please.

Jason,

Your email to Gary suggests that you changed your mind in mid-stream, and one of the determinant factors was that you heard some unflattering statements about Gary from other sources. I understand how that goes, but since you had already agreed to give him a replacement of some sort (assuming that you actually did), don't you suppose that ought to be your continued plan? I can certainly understand your wanting to wait until Gary proves that the leos are, in fact, dead, but if he does supply you with that proof, shouldn't you just chalk this up to a learning experience and send him a gecko? Just a thought.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:54 PM   #17
hayshaven
The dates are very close to accurate. I won't say for sure since the only record I have is of the actual sale, and not the phone calls afterward. The reason for the time gap is that one of the females that I had sold him laid eggs on Aug 17. This was the gecko that I had told him I would send. One egg hatched on Oct 4th. 6 weeks later when it was old enough for shipping the weather was very cold. The entire time these things were occuring, Gary and I kept in contact. Through these contacts it became obvious to me that his stories weren't matching up. I made the original deal to send the baby the same day he called the first time. I even questioned his story then, since I had never had any problem with any of them. If it hadn't been for the timing and weather, he would have got the gecko without a second thought from me. In the time that the eggs were incubating, he changed the vets diagnosis more than once. He also kept changing the number of geckos that died. And then he tried to change the terms of the deal. Asking for first a blue tongue skink, then a bearded dragon instead of the gecko. Luckily on my part the timing worked out to show me the truth. And yes, I have no problem admitting that I put the gecko on the site for sale. And that it was the wrong thing to do. I should have told him that I had decided not to send the gecko before I tried to sell it. And no, I never received photos or vet receipts for the lost geckos. I've also never received any kind of real diagnosis, or records of any medications that he was supposedly given for the geckos.
Jason Hays

Old 06-11-2003, 04:56 PM   #18
Darin Chappell
By the way, "slander" is spoken. Writing known lies on a computer that actually cause damage to one's reputation and/or business would be known as "libel."

Both of them are extremely hard to prove, and it's just best to learn to not call names and not be so thin-skinned about people who do. At least, that's MHO.

Old 06-11-2003, 05:31 PM   #19
sputnik
Question INFO

Quote:
an as far as slander. when is the truth slander.
When you show us the documentation you have been asked and asked to produce! That's when it becomes the truth!

Your good word alone is NOT the truth, but an accusation without proof!

Quote:
like an old tv show once said If YOU DO THE CRIME YOU GOT To DO THE TIME.
Once again, prove it! Produce the vet reports! Untill then, no one is gulity of anything. You seem to think he needs to "do the time" without a fair trial, without proof that he did the crime... NOT going to happen!

Old 06-11-2003, 06:00 PM   #20
gwbolton
ok here is the info

Quote:
Deleted - violation of FULL NAME rule!

(no, I wasn't kidding...)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!