Deer Fern Farms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-06-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
Stardust
Thumbs up Deer Fern Farms

I ordered two uro's from them and I must say communication, packaging, and animals were all superb!!!
Great people to deal with and you can tell they take pride in their animals.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
G-lock
I can't remember the owner's name off the top of my head...I think it's "Doug". Anyway, he is a great guy. I have talked with him at a few shows and picked up some veileds from him. Awesome Uro's, too.

I'd recommend him to anyone.

Old 08-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #3
Stardust
Gee now how smart was that to post a good guy thread and not put down his name, lol
Douglas Dix and he is a great guy to do business with!!

Old 08-07-2003, 03:00 PM   #4
Ronda
I agree -- Doug Dix is a wonderful person to do business with and extremely knowledgeable about his animals. I've seen his facility and it is exceptionally clean. I've purchased uros from him, and I see him at our local show every year. I would not hestitate to recommend him to anyone!

Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #5
ReptileAddictions
I have been purchasing from Doug for at least 6-7 years now. I just purchased Blue Tongue Skinks from him last weekend. Doug is old school class. The best of the best. He knows his critters like no one else. There isnt a better Uromastyx breeder out there. These skinks are at the top of my list too.

Very helpful, very informative. He just hooked me up with a wa. local small exotic mammal breeder. His suggestions for my new store options were fantastic.

Quality animals and quality guy! As always, thanks Doug!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Spyral
Thumbs up

Doug Dix of Deer Fern Farms is excellent to work with. I recently purchased a Uromastyx from him and I am very happy with the new addition to my collection. Doug is the most knowledgeable uro keeper I've ever met, and has produced a good number of captive bred Uros and Chuckwallas, among other animals. He also has a PhD in wildlife toxicology. Doug Dix = GOOD GUY!

Old 01-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
When I rescued my first uro, douglas we nice enough to answer many questions of mine to help me.

He was very patient and helpful, even though I was not purchasing from him.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
Oxbow Reptile
I too have had great success with Dr. Dix, I have gotten his "second pick" Merauke BTS several times. The one thing I have to add is that Dr. Dix is still well immersed in the "old school" in some things. This can often lead to great success, and has for him, but I think that some of his keeping processes could certainly be modernized a bit. Although I already knew Blueys fairly well at the time of my first purchase from him, Dr. Dix was absolutely insistent that the best diet for Blue-Tongues was a high quality dog food . Although I am not saying this is entirely incorrect (although I would do it differently) , I may hesitate to recommend him to a first time keeper who would believe everything they here from an expert like Dr. Dix. Overall though his animals are of the highest quality around, and his table is absolutely always the most crowded with customers at the local shows at which he is a vendor.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
chongorojo
Just a little fact about "ol" Doug dix.... yea I like malis too! After looking for almost a year I wanted to scream.. I was having NO luck finding 4 nice large mali females for my stud! Out of the blue I get a call from Doug asking if I still wanted the 4 females I was wanting last year? Heck yea I did! I couldn't belive after only sending Doug one email about females he came to me OVER A YEAR later and had 4! All 4 were awesome and prewormed for me at my request. . . Doug, you da man!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
Tiger Cowboy
Completed an order with Dr. Dix and could not be more pleased. Two unrelated specimens of hard to find Uros in immaculate condition and larger than expected. Packed extremely well too. Very happy!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!