What herps have bitten you? - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #181
TyrannosaurusRex
Snakes:
Cornsnake
Milksnake
Kingsnake
Ratsnake
Jungle Carpet Python
Lizards:
Fence
Whiptail (checkered and six lined)
Blue tongued skink
Great Plains skink
Mediterranean gecko
Other:
Box turtle (yowch....)

Old 04-15-2015, 07:28 AM   #182
20jasoncochran
I'm a kid so I can't really get bit as much or she'd take me to a hospital. But I have been bitten by
Black racer baby (tried to pick it up)
Gargoyle gecko
Garter snake
Western fence lizard
Brown anole (a million times; favorite thing in Florida catching lizards; its a sport okay)

Old 05-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #183
Night10gail
I've been bitten more times by lizards than snakes. My Leopard Gecko and Crested Gecko individually have nailed me more times than all my 4 snakes combined. In the crestie's defense I've had her the longest of them all. Needless to say I have found snakes to be less moody, less prone to biting right away (rather scare away a predator by another method), and easier to handle train. As a plus many species only need care once a week so their care is easier to keep up with on a busy schedule.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #184
T-RAY
I got bit by my Two-Headed Black Pine Snake the other day…..check out the photo on my page….I was trying to feed it a mouse and both heads decided to strike at the same time….they missed the mouse and got me pretty good….Once in a LIFETIME!

www.facebook.com/venicebeachfreakshow

Old 06-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #185
sapphira80
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
Worst bite was from this crazy Thai chic when I was in Pattaya (at least I think she was a chic). Although your asking about "herp" bites, I'm pretty sure she had herpes...so it does count.

Just like any other bite, this one was my fault...actually I had to pay an extra $50 for it

Man, that sounds like the worst bite ever.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:34 AM   #186
magicboa
Let's see, I've been bitten by a few:

My animals:
Anery BCI --she was mean; abused by a former owner, didn't trust people at all
Ball Python--had just arrived, was putting him in his tub
Golden Tegu
Leucistic Texas Ratsnake
Albino striped Gopher snake
Savanna Monitor
Cuban knight anole
Tokay Gecko
Trans-Pecos Ratsnake
Speckled Rattlesnake --dry bite

Other pepole's pets:
ATB
Retic
Baby Burmese Python
False Water cobra

Also have been tagged by numerous scorpions, a couple black widows, hamsters, horses, dogs, cats, and probably a few I've forgotten about. Just goes with the territory, I guess.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #187
Night10gail
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RAY View Post
I got bit by my Two-Headed Black Pine Snake the other day…..check out the photo on my page….I was trying to feed it a mouse and both heads decided to strike at the same time….they missed the mouse and got me pretty good….Once in a LIFETIME!

www.facebook.com/venicebeachfreakshow
Totally worth it to say you were bitten by a two headed snake. The craziest weird thing I have is a paradox.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #188
Night10gail
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicboa View Post
Let's see, I've been bitten by a few:

My animals:
Anery BCI --she was mean; abused by a former owner, didn't trust people at all
Ball Python--had just arrived, was putting him in his tub
Golden Tegu
Leucistic Texas Ratsnake
Albino striped Gopher snake
Savanna Monitor
Cuban knight anole
Tokay Gecko
Trans-Pecos Ratsnake
Speckled Rattlesnake --dry bite

Other pepole's pets:
ATB
Retic
Baby Burmese Python
False Water cobra

Also have been tagged by numerous scorpions, a couple black widows, hamsters, horses, dogs, cats, and probably a few I've forgotten about. Just goes with the territory, I guess.
Wow dude that's a lot. So far only my baby rat snake is the only one of mine to tagged me because I forgot I had touched his mouse with my bare hands rather than tongs like I usually do. Totally my fault and I make a point of saying that every time a non-snake lover asks if I've been bite because over all snakes aren't mean, nasty creatures like people think. I've been nomed on pretty good by a few rosy boas when I was checking at that species to get one. Either all the ones I found were mistreated (and the one breeder confessed to not feeding them in a month due to having so many reptile shows that month to take them too, then they tried to say they're sure the snake won't be like that all the time but they didn't even know if it was CB or WC, and I was like not for $150 I'm not chancing that bye so get this thing off my arm) or the species is just bite happy. I know Rosy boas have a strong food response but I wasn't near mice those days and they were perfectly calm snakes up until the point they randomly laid into me. My python took 1 strike at me through the glass once. He was in deep in shed and changing hides so I think me suddenly walking into the room with his blurry vision just startled him too much. His siblings though when I got him were very riled up and some took a strike but none landed it. Gotta say I'm good at finding tame snakes and keeping them tame. My 2 geckos have bitten me more times each than ANY snake, which is why the 1 gecko is getting sold and I'm getting more snakes but not lizards.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #189
magicboa
Impressive list there, Megan. I only own 2 Ball Pythons, and an anery Gopher (Bull) snake that I caught here in my neighborhood (rural northern AZ). All the bites I received were totally my fault, and being a little too slow. So far, no more tags with my current animals, I want to keep it that way.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #190
magicboa
OOPS!! I meant 3 Ball Pythons---I forgot my newest, the het clown.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!