Chris Nash - CEO, Bay Area Arboreals; you deside - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Nagini
Chris Nash - CEO, Bay Area Arboreals; you deside

Well I have a large 6 ft male redtail up for sale, for $100. Chris contacted me the other day and after a few e-mails back and forth since he was interested. Well the last e-mail I got from him, he offered to trade me illegal items and false cards to use them. I'll post all e-mails I got from him below. I told him I wouldn't do business with him after that e-mail.

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:08:46 -0800
From: "Cee Enn" <enigma0076@gmail.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: comm-486186560@craigslist.org
Subject: boas
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

call me ASAP and I wil send omey and pick up immediately.

Chris Nash
Bay Area Arboreals
510-225-5371
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply:
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:17:30 -0800 (PST)
From: "Ally H" <silvercivet@yahoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: boas
To: "Cee Enn" <enigma0076@gmail.com>
What kind of tank and set up do you have? Do you have pictures?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:47:06 -0800 (PST)
From: "Ally H" <silvercivet@yahoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: Enigma0076@aol.com
Ah, ok. There's a thread about you on Fauna. Where are you located? I wont be home most of the day, but I should after 7 tomorrow

Enigma0076@aol.com wrote:

Everything. I own a reptile business called Bay Area Arboreals. i have vision ages. 10 foot long cages, glass vision cages and many specialty supplies. Please cll and I will come your way ASP

Chris Nash, CEO
Bay Area Arboreals
510-225-5371
------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:25:27 -0800 (PST)
I'm just home on lunch, but where are you located? Are you willing to pay the $100 adoption fee?

Chris Nash
510-225-5371

I will wait for your call
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:30:05 -0800 (PST)
Sorry but I'm no longer interested in rehoming him with you.

would you consider trade for something like a free medical marijuana card plus a $100 bucks worth of pot or hash? I can also throw down extra plastic bins, screens, heat lamps and bulbs, as well as thermometers. Plus I will guarantee in writing that I will give you 50% of each clutch from each snake when they do mate, plus the invitation to come see them as often as you like. Can you call me and we can discuss it from there?

Chris Nash
CEO, Bay Area Arboreals
510-225-5371

Old 11-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
kimnrick04
Is this guy for real? Who would send a e-mail saying that and take the chance of some one turning them in? Or could be it be he wants you to say yes and bust you?I just cant see someone being that stupid but then again.....

Rick

Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Cat_72
Eh.......I'm not sure exactly what to say on this one.

Either this guy is a total moron, or.......a total moron. I have heard that they have narco cops cruising Craiglist since the whole "medical marijuana" posting thing on there has gotten so prevalent in some areas, but I honestly don't think they'd offer it flat out without you suggesting it first. That would be, well....dumb.

Seems a bit odd too, that for a big "CEO" (do they really have CEO's of herp stores?) that the email addy would use the name "Ally", when the Mr. Big CEO guy's name is Chris.

I'd fwd the emails to the proper authorities, and move on. Too many weird people in this world, I tell ya.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Eh.......I'm not sure exactly what to say on this one.

Either this guy is a total moron, or.......a total moron. I have heard that they have narco cops cruising Craiglist since the whole "medical marijuana" posting thing on there has gotten so prevalent in some areas, but I honestly don't think they'd offer it flat out without you suggesting it first. That would be, well....dumb.

Seems a bit odd too, that for a big "CEO" (do they really have CEO's of herp stores?) that the email addy would use the name "Ally", when the Mr. Big CEO guy's name is Chris.

I'd fwd the emails to the proper authorities, and move on. Too many weird people in this world, I tell ya.
I'm thinking 'Ally' is Nagini's name?
But I agree, forward the email to the authorities to deal with and DON'T deal with this company.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72

I'm pretty sure that he "Ally" e-mail belongs to the original poster, not the pot head CEO.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
bsharrah
Other than the emails are signed by Chris and have his business name and number (something anyone would have access too), what verification is available to show these emails were actually from him? Something this blatant could be an attempt to smear Chris's name. As Cat stated, he would have to be a moron. Maybe he is, don't know the guy, but something just doesn't feel right.

Bart

Old 11-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
Cat_72
Oooops, my bad......duh.

Need more coffee.......the CEO dude's email makes sense. LOL.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
snake5007
It could be a way of guarenteeing his own safety if he decides to rip someone off. Maybe that's not the case here, but he might've done it before.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
Lucille
[quote=bsharrah]Other than the emails are signed by Chris and have his business name and number (something anyone would have access too), what verification is available to show these emails were actually from him? Something this blatant could be an attempt to smear Chris's name. As Cat stated, he would have to be a moron. Maybe he is, don't know the guy, but something just doesn't feel right.

Bart,

That's a good point. I did an internet search on Bay Area Arboreals and I found this:

"I need birds, reptiles,, and other animals $$ or trade 420
Serious Inquiries only. I will call you immediately. I will pay more for them than wht you spent. Chris Nash Bay Area Arboreals, and The Exotic Ca Factory ...
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pet/485771250.html - "

I can't imagine someone actually running a public advertisement like the one above. If Chris did not in fact run it, perhaps he could request Craigslist track down who did?

Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #10
LauraB
Previous good guy post

from 6-15-05, shows the same email addy for Chris Nash. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...034#post560034

If it's not someone just out to "burn" (pun intended) Chris Nash using his email & personal info, which seems unlikely, then I'd say he needs to step away from the wacky tobacky because it's turned him into a total moron.

~Laura Bolt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!