Chris Nash - CEO, Bay Area Arboreals; you deside - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
Cat_72
That link is already flagged from Craigslist.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #12
Cat_72
That, and well....have you ever seen all of the "420" ads that remain on Craigslist in the SF Bay area? Plenty of folks (albeit not always bright folks) seem to have no problem posting such things there....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/f...min&maxAsk=max

Old 11-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #13
Nagini
Yeah, the e-mail "Ally" is mine lol. As for what he sent me, it was originally my ad for a 6+ foot male redtail boa for sale for $100 and the e-mails are what he offered me. What would be the proper steps to report him to the athorities?

Old 11-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #14
Nagini
And he just posted this on Craigslist:

Reply to: Enigma0076@aol.com
Date: 2007-11-24, 9:53AM PST

Hey-

I am looking for all specis of reptiles from large snakes and monitors, to bearded dragons, pythons, skinks, etc. I have a reptile business trough the smithsonian and we lost a large percentage of our animals due to a fire in the building next to us. Please cll if you have any questions or concerns. WE also specialze in birds, and birds of prey(meat eating birds), and all amphibians. WE pay cash as well as trade if needed.

Thankyou-
Chris Nash, CEO
Bay Area Arboreals
510-225-5371

Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #15
SerpenXotics
I bet thier first building burnt down when he dropped the joint
Joe Lesh

Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #16
Karma Kritters
This clown scammed me about two years ago for $100. I made the mistake of shipping first before payment was made. After he received the animal he sent me a fake western union tracking number for the money. I lost a beautiful yellow amazon to this scam artist. I am glad to see he is still using the same email address and I now have a phone number for him. I assumed he was using am alias as he disappeared and no one at the time seemed to know who he was. Be very cautious with this guy. He is a good talker,but is not worth the dirt on the bottom of your shoes.
Sam Day
Karma kritter Inc.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #17
spawn
Anyone who NEEDS animals is screaming to get punched in the face. Keeping animals isn't a necessity, but a luxury someone like this seems to be after to make more money off of than his suppliers.

Sam, I really hope you get your money back. I was stoned out of a $30 refund last year, and although it was only $30, it was the animal, and the principle behind it that counts. Both of you should report him to the authorities, because multiple complaints carries more weight than one.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
IloveSnakes1234
Just call the cops, you have proof that he has illegal things in his home...

Old 11-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #19
Cat_72
Paulina, she has no "proof" of anything, other than he's offering trades of illegal things. One doesn't even know if he even actually has it, or where he keeps anything if he does have it.

Alisyn, his number comes back as an Oakland number, I'd contact Oakland PD and see who you could fwd the emails and any other info you may have to. Or at least they could tell you who you need to get ahold of it it isn't them.

He's the kind of person we really don't need in this hobby, for sure.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #20
Karma Kritters
Frank,
I am hoping to hear from him. I sent him an email but I don't really expect him to respond. I did file an Internet fraud complaint with the FBI but they really are not worried about anything under $10,000 from what I was told. When he got me I posted it on Kingsnake in all of my ads until they yanked them. I also emailed every body that I had email addresses for. I hope it at least caused him to miss the opportunity to rip off a few people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!