Inquiry John Turl "john_turl" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
dturner100
John Turl "john_turl"

I was wondering if anybody has done business with this seller. This would be my first time buying from somebody that doesn't have either a thumbs up in the boi ( he doesn't have anything bad either ), or a trader rating.

I have no reason to think that he isn't legit, but I just want to be safe. I'm scheduled to send him payment as soon as my tax refund shows up in my bank ( between tomorrow and next Tuesday ). So I'm hoping to get somebody that can vouch for him or at least a way to confirm his address.

His prices pretty much resemble just a bit under fair market value, and he seems like a trustable guy so let's hope all goes well.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Lauren's Lizards
just wanted to give my two cents.... I bought a couple snakes from him a few years back. I also just recently bought his Pastel Butter male, Albino, and some gravid girls from his collection that he is currently getting rid of. The only thing I have to complain about is the pics did the animals no justice and they were bigger than what he said lol.

he has given me good deals and sticks to his word. I would def. buy from him again! In fact i'm eyeballing a couple more animals he has listed and I'm waiting on my tax returns.... hope i dont get mine before you do LOL.

I dont think its my place to post it publicly but if you want to send me a personal email then I can send you his address.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
How was shipping?

Old 02-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
So I'm hoping to get somebody that can vouch for him or at least a way to confirm his address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren's Lizards View Post
if you want to send me a personal email then I can send you his address.
LOL, I bet you could.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren's Lizards View Post
just wanted to give my two cents.... I bought a couple snakes from him a few years back. I also just recently bought his Pastel Butter male, Albino, and some gravid girls from his collection that he is currently getting rid of. The only thing I have to complain about is the pics did the animals no justice and they were bigger than what he said lol.

he has given me good deals and sticks to his word. I would def. buy from him again! In fact i'm eyeballing a couple more animals he has listed and I'm waiting on my tax returns.... hope i dont get mine before you do LOL.

I dont think its my place to post it publicly but if you want to send me a personal email then I can send you his address.

Really!

Now let me ask another question. I really don't need the answer about the shipping because I already know the answer but,

Why did you need pictures considering your posting from the same location? Can't you just walk into the next room and see them?

How is it that you are both posting from the same IP in Ohio when you live in another state? Why would he have to ship to you when you are right there?

# john_turl 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
# Lauren's Lizards 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Wow, been a member since 2005 and this is your first post.
If these questions seem a little harsh Let me try some milder ones.

Quote:
User Name Lauren's Lizards
Email iluvmyreptiles@yahoo.com
Name Lauren Summey
Quote:
User Name iluvreptiles
Email iluvreptiles@yahoo.com
Name Jessica Humphrey
Quote:
User Name iluvmyreptiles80
Email iluvreptiles80@yahoo.com
Name Michelle Johnston
Registration IP Address

I'm curious if you could answer what is wrong with the above user names?
It is one thing to have a matching IP with other user names and to be using the same IP as the subject of this thread, but to also have nearly identical email addresses with three other users using the same IP is just a little to much of a coincidence for me.

Considering all three user names have different full names listed as their real name, I would think your vouching for this individual is somewhat suspect, don't you?

On another note, you do share that IP with one more user. So, I guess it could be just more coincidences. That user recently has had a several bad guy threads on the BOI and the account has had sevral names used on it as well.
Quote:

66.61.136.150 : cpe-66-61-136-150.insight.res.rr.com
Post IP Addresses

* john_turl 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* Lauren's Lizards 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* tjnjohnson@yahoo.com 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Registration IP Addresses

* iluvmyreptiles80 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* iluvreptiles 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* john_turl 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* tjnjohnson@yahoo.com 66.61.136.150 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

I think I would like to see some answers to these easy questions before I continue further.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
zzzdanz
Ouch!!...You're all over that Dennis.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
dturner100
Dennis is good. Saved my butt! Thanks Dennis. You're a life saver. My wife would have killed me if I'd sent this guy $2k just to get scammed.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
john_turl
Ok Lauren's Lizards (Lauren Summey) happens to be a good friend of mine that I met from selling reptiles to. That doesn't mean she lives here, so yes she would need pics. However she does visit quite often. She decided not to use this site because of how many rude people are on here. She happened to be in town and I asked her if she could vouch for me.

As far as iluvreptiles@yahoo.com (Jessica Humphrey) and iluvreptiles80@yahoo.com (Michelle Johnston) that is my "ex" wife and step daughter. They set one up because they were going to sell the bearded dragon. Since I will no longer be in the house my ex does not want any reptiles in there. She then decided it was to much work to post it so that is why I listed it.

Last but not least tjnjohnson@yahoo.com (Jackie) is a good friend of ours who taught me a lot about breeding. She has also sold a lot of stuff we did breeder loans on. Uh oh she also lives in Ohio 30min away and is over here on my computer A LOT!!! lol She is the one that told me to use Fauna because it is a good site, but also said there were a lot of jerks on here. Gosh didn't know there were THIS MANY.

I guess I will have to have my other customers post up their opinions/dealings with me. Oh yeah and feel free to check their IP address which I'm sure you will.

Thanks and let me know if you have any other questions.

John

Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
garweft
There is another account from a Lauren Summey. Most of her posts are older and were in the field herping section.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=24620

She had a website that is still up, but hasn't been updated since 2008.

http://whisperingpinesreptiles.com/index.htm

If I'm not mistaken she was also in an older copy of Reptiles magazine in the "living with reptiles" section on the last page.

Anyway, she does exist as a real person that at one time lived in NC. Would be nice to see her back up the story using her other account.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
dturner100
She may be a real person but connecting through the same hub at best, if not the same computer.

I'm not saying this guy is a scam, but I asked him for references and got nothing. Instead a person from the same house hold states that she had animals shipped from him, and would be again.

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but I am a network security admin, and know for a fact that for one: I could create or gain access to an account saying I was from zimbobwe, but when I log into the account the VBulletin script is going to properly log my IP address. Two: To result in the same exact IP address to the last octant these two MUST be on the same hub at least. As well on the same ISP account, and more than likely through the same computer.

So like I said I'm not going to call him a scam, but rather than falsifying references he should have at least been up front and told me that he didn't have any. Hell I would have easily been willing to drive to Columbus to pick up this pair.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!